Thread: Sanchez knee brace

Sanchez knee brace

I know Mark had a dislocated left kneecap last year and he is wearing a large knee brace during practice. Is this going to be a problem throughout his career? I know that you cant run as well with a knee brace on.

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/fan_zone/download/slides/15515[/url]
    Last edited by avi31884; 05-01-2009 at 05:35 PM.

It looks pretty flexible, like a pad sort of. I can't imagine that would harm his mobility much.

All League
    [QUOTE=avi31884;3114132]I know [SIZE="3"][B]Mark had a dislocated left kneecap last year[/B][/SIZE] and he is wearing a large knee brace during practice. Is this going to be a problem throughout his career? I know that you cant run as well with a knee brace on.

[IMG]http://www.newyorkjets.com/fan_zone/download/slides/15515[/IMG][/QUOTE]

===========================================================

I did not know that.

But now that you bring up the knee brace thing, I noticed he has a small tourniquet around each wrist, I wonder if his hands are numb?

Rookie
    omg no way, we should just release him now he has bust writen all over him :zzz:

why must people always find something to worry or complain about?

stop stop stop it, f'ing goodness, STOP complaining.

I seem to remember a QB we had once who also had bad knees...

anyone? anyone?

All League
    [QUOTE=JV51;3114148]why must people always find something to worry or complain about?

stop stop stop it, f'ing goodness, STOP complaining.[/QUOTE]

==================================================

I found it more of an observation and a question then a complaint, regardless this is what we do best here.:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

sanchez had no structural damage with the dislocation. while it's a possibility to re-occur, the brace should protect him - he definitely was wearing it all last year, and looked pretty good in the process.. didnt he?

i've had dislocation issues as a kid, and even now wear a brace for running - it's really lightweight, and gives the knee cap some support to stay aligned - and is not something that will inhibit him in any way on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=avi31884;3114132]I know Mark had a dislocated left kneecap last year and he is wearing a large knee brace during practice. Is this going to be a problem throughout his career? I know that you cant run as well with a knee brace on.

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/fan_zone/download/slides/15515[/url][/QUOTE]

Looks like a straight forward neoprene knee sleeve with a patella cutout. Not unusual for someone to use who has a history of patellar dislocation. Gives some support, but mostly proprioceptive effects and a feeling of security. No big deal, IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :D I dislocated my knee cap as a paratrooper.....twice....it won't hinder him in anyway.

[QUOTE=avi31884;3114132]I know Mark had a dislocated left kneecap last year and he is wearing a large knee brace during practice. Is this going to be a problem throughout his career? I know that you cant run as well with a knee brace on.

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/fan_zone/download/slides/15515[/url][/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :D LOL I agree

[QUOTE=JV51;3114148]why must people always find something to worry or complain about?

stop stop stop it, f'ing goodness, STOP complaining.[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Yeah...there's nothing to worry about, we just wasted how many picks, drafted him 5th overall, and guaranteed him how much money?

I really...really hope this cat doesn't end up being a holdout for contract negotiations.

I think it's just for precaution.

[QUOTE=jetsfreak;3114286]:D I dislocated my knee cap as a paratrooper.....twice....it won't hinder him in anyway.[/QUOTE]

Try using a parachute!:D

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;3114715]Yeah...there's nothing to worry about, we just wasted how many picks, drafted him 5th overall, and guaranteed him how much money?

I really...really hope this cat doesn't end up being a holdout for contract negotiations.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did read how old irrelevant knee injuries can hamper contract negotiations.

man I love Jets fans..............hahahahaha.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3114235]Gives some support, but mostly [B]proprioceptive [/B]effects and a feeling of security.[/QUOTE]

Whoooooooaaaa...slow down there, professor.

Banned
    [QUOTE=gunnails;3114162]==================================================

I found it more of an observation and a question then a complaint, regardless this is what we do best here.:D[/QUOTE]

I looked at it like flipping up the plexiglass cube-shaped shield that covers the panic button...

Banned
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3114235]Looks like a straight forward neoprene knee sleeve with a [B]patella cutout[/B]. Not unusual for someone to use who has a history of patellar dislocation. Gives some support, but mostly proprioceptive effects and a feeling of security. No big deal, IMO.[/QUOTE]

OH MY GOD!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

HE NEEDS TO GET HIS [B]PATELLA[/B] CUT OUT????? WTF!!!

PANIC, EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!

The franchise is ruined, I hate Woody, wtf, FF2 is fat, I have an ingrown hair in my beard, the Jets suck, no they don't, yes they do, where am I right now, Sanchez throws like Pennington, Pennington won lots of games, only when he had both arms dick, ahhhhhh, Dick Curl, noodle arm, Brady is ghey, I sometimes dream in black and white, this one time at band camp, omfg, I'm going back to the hampur, no more tears, i can't stop crying, waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.....................

All League
    [QUOTE=BLEED JET GREEN;3114154]I seem to remember a QB we had once who also had bad knees...

anyone? anyone?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he had GREAT legs!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf3oOQq9KFU[/url]