Thread: Sanchez in PM practice

Jets Insider VIP

Sanchez in PM practice

[SIZE="4"]Sanchez throws INT, but continues to impress[/SIZE]

May 1, 2009

Sanchez threw his first interception as a Jet in the afternoon 7-on-7 drill. Overall, he was slightly less sharp in the afternoon session but impressive nonetheless. He was 8-for-16 in 7-on-7, missing most of his passes late, and 3-for-4 in the 11-on-11.

The pick came when Sanchez underthrew Paul Raymond (Brown) on a post pattern. It was deflected and intercepted by Marquice Cole, a CB out of Northwestern.

Sanchez' best throw of the afternoon was on a seam pattern to Marcus Henry (Kansas). Of his nine incompletions, three were drops.

Offensive Brian Schottenheimer seemed pleased when Sanchez, after missing it the first time, made a nice correction reading a coverage.

Sanchez' attitude seems infectious. He was even joking around with the water boy at one point and after Huey Whittaker (South Florida) made a nice catch with a DB draped over him, Sanchez ran downfield to slap him five.

All things considered, it was a pretty good first day.

Banned
    Good, I dont want the man to look like the next Ryan Leaf but I want the kid to throw some INT's here and there during the offseason and you wanna know why? Because you learn from your mistakes.

You will never know what type of heart an undefeated Boxer has until he goes down for the 1st time, will he get up? Or will he stay down? Thats the question.

I would LOVE for Mark Sanchez to have a great preseason but I wouldn't freak out if he throws an INT here or there. Unless it's like Chad Pennington, remember that preseason game vs the Vikings? When he threw like 2 INT's that were taken back to the house... Those out routes had NO zip on the ball and I think that was in 2007, when Pennington went on to making those same duck throws that year.

Ugh I knew he would be a terrible pick. This will set us back for years.

:rolleyes::D

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3114181]Good, I dont want the man to look like the next Ryan Leaf but I want the kid to throw some INT's here and there during the offseason and you wanna know why? Because you learn from your mistakes.

You will never know what type of heart an undefeated Boxer has until he goes down for the 1st time, will he get up? Or will he stay down? Thats the question.

I would LOVE for Mark Sanchez to have a great preseason but I wouldn't freak out if he throws an INT here or there. Unless it's like Chad Pennington, remember that preseason game vs the Vikings? When he threw like 2 INT's that were taken back to the house... Those out routes had NO zip on the ball and I think that was in 2007, when Pennington went on to making those same duck throws that year.[/QUOTE]

Good point, Sanchez is a young QB who is bound to make some rookie mistakes early on, but it seems that he has the type of personality and work ethic to correct mistakes and turn them into strengths over time.

Veteran
    Bust.

Veteran
    [B]Now we have a bust for a q.b:D[/B]

All League
    cant wait to see how he works with everyone else

Jets Insider VIP
    i WANT WOODYS HEAD!

All League
    I know its only the first mini camp but right now you can really tell that he's still getting used to the speed in the NFL... he's just got to get everything insync and he'll be fine. Sounds like a smart kid and someone with the drive to suceed

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3114207]I know its only the first mini camp but right now you can really tell that he's still getting used to the speed in the NFL... he's just got to get everything insync and he'll be fine. Sounds like a smart kid and someone with the drive to suceed[/QUOTE]

Although its obvious that every college player needs to adjust to the speed.... I highly doubt after a day with 7 on 7 drills, that Sanchez got any taste of the speed the NFL will have.

I fully expect that Kellen Clemens, at this point in time, is more ready to start the season as the starting QB.

We all know, however, who the future is. Kellen does too.

We should honestly be rooting as hard as possible for Kellen to do well.

Because next year's draft is STACKED and the higher the pick we get in a trade, the better.

When Sanchez comes in eventually, probably midseason this year, thats it for Kellen.

I just hope the INTs Sanchez throws now help him learn as much as possible.

All League
    [QUOTE=24;3114215]Although its obvious that every college player needs to adjust to the speed.... I highly doubt after a day with 7 on 7 drills, that Sanchez got any taste of the speed the NFL will have.[/QUOTE]

point taken but that's what these rookie minicamps are for... it's all about the baby steps. Kid seems to have the brains to get this down and have an impact, he just needs to get his timing down since it's been noted that he's thrown behind the receivers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=GreenJoe;3114232]I fully expect that Kellen Clemens, at this point in time, is more ready to start the season as the starting QB.

[B]Because next year's draft is STACKED and the higher the pick we get in a trade, the better.[/B]

When Sanchez comes in eventually, probably midseason this year, thats it for Kellen.

I just hope the INTs Sanchez throws now help him learn as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

This is the last year on Clemens contract, he'll be a FA.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3114263]This is the last year on Clemens contract, he'll be a FA.[/QUOTE]

=======================================================

In a perfect world, Kellen would play very well and the Jets would put the franchise tag on him and do a deal like the Pats did with Cassel, we can dream.:yes:

An Interception! Nooooo! ...... Fail!

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3114207]I know its only the first mini camp but right now you can really tell that he's still getting used to the speed in the NFL... he's just got to get everything insync and he'll be fine. Sounds like a smart kid and someone with the drive to suceed[/QUOTE]

I don't know about all that. Most of the guys he's facing or playing with are probably UDFA's, practice squad players, or scrubs. They are by no means "the speed of the NFL".

[QUOTE=24;3114205]i WANT WOODYS HEAD! No Homo[/QUOTE]

Fixed

t all the jokes and giggles (Honeymoon)to go away and see what we really have. I hope it is a long good marriage.

He just had been reading about all of favre's INT and wanted to prove he could throw one too.

Banned
    [QUOTE=GreenJoe;3114232]I fully expect that Kellen Clemens, at this point in time, is more ready to start the season as the starting QB.

Because next year's draft is STACKED and the higher the pick we get in a trade, the better.

I just hope the INTs Sanchez throws now help him learn as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

I agree - completely.

See my sig...