Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Childress: Vikings will discuss Favre possibility

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Childress: Vikings will discuss Favre possibility

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4123764[/url]

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings haven't discussed the possibility of pursuing veteran quarterback Brett Favre. Yet.

Speaking on the first day of his team's rookie minicamp, coach Brad Childress said there hasn't been time to discuss the New York Jets' decision to release Favre. The move made Favre a free agent, raising speculation he was considering a return to the game despite releasing a statement in which he said his plans were to remain retired "at this time."

"We talk about everything," Childress said. "So yeah, I'm sure we'll talk about that."

Favre was roundly believed to be interested in joining the Vikings last summer, but Green Bay refused to release him and ultimately traded him to the Jets. He announced his retirement for the second time in February, citing in large part a biceps injury that would require surgery.

The Vikings plan to pit Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels in a training camp competition, and Childress said he hasn't thought beyond that.

"I'm more focused on our three quarterbacks right now," Childress said. "Tarvaris, Sage and J.D. [Booty], and seeing how they progress through our offseason program."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL this is halarious

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great news for Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson but it could be horrid news for the Vikings come december, when he breaks down with QB raitings of under 50.3 the last 5 games.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brett Favre 2009 CPOY (Chad Pennington of the Year)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;3114180]Brett Favre 2009 CPOY (Chad Pennington of the Year)[/QUOTE]

WINNAR!!! :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What pisses me off is that he asks for his release, we grant it and then he may go somewhere else. Couldn't we have gotten something for him, anything???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to see Favre play this season. I'd also love to see him tarnish his legend even more!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedingGreen;3114705]What pisses me off is that he asks for his release, we grant it and then he may go somewhere else. Couldn't we have gotten something for him, anything???[/QUOTE]

Who the **** would give anything up for a 40 year old QB coming off an epic collapse?

We don't need the media circus or the drama when he decides to 'get the itch' to come back, we're moving on and cutting ties, and I couldn't be happier.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedingGreen;3114705]What pisses me off is that he asks for his release, we grant it and then he may go somewhere else. Couldn't we have gotten something for him, anything???[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't be willing to discuss Favre if they had to comp the Jets.