Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers need an enforcer

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Rangers need an enforcer

Here's video of the kind of player they need At about :55 seconds, great aggressiveness in front of the net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbIWkg7V1q0

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the first month of the season we had that player: Aaron Voros.
    Then the d-bag scores a few goals and became a useless sack of sh*t!

If he wants to save his career he needs to re-watch the 2 games in Europe & the next 8 or 10 & get back to being that player.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Here's video of the kind of player they need At about :55 seconds, great aggressiveness in front of the net

Unfortunately, I'll never get that 1:09 of my life back.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    For the first month of the season we had that player: Aaron Voros.
    Then the d-bag scores a few goals and became a useless sack of sh*t!

If he wants to save his career he needs to re-watch the 2 games in Europe & the next 8 or 10 & get back to being that player.
    I've been pulling for Dane Byers to be that guy. He's about the same size as Voros. He likes to fight. He rushes to stick up for teammates. And he puts up numbers (at least at the AHL level). He was injured almost all season and then came back for the AHL playoffs and scored 3 goals in 6 games. I'm hoping he can take it to the next level and show Torts something in TC.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rangers don't need an enforcer, they need better players.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need a new coach too, imo

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    You're right. We don't need any Stanley Cup winning coaches behind the bench.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Yankees need Sean Avery.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coaching is one of the two areas where the Rangers don't need changes. The other being goaltending.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Coaching is one of the two areas where the Rangers don't need changes. The other being goaltending.
    Pretty much dead on. Although I would advocate a new back-up goaltender.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it seems like he did do a pretty good job this year. A pretty good job of blowing it in the playoffs by being an idiot, while doing the best he could to make a joke out of your team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Pretty much dead on. Although I would advocate a new back-up goaltender.
    he's coming back at 750k. with our cap numbers, we cant afford the luxury of a guy making more

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it seems like he did do a pretty good job this year. A pretty good job of blowing it in the playoffs by being an idiot, while doing the best he could to make a joke out of your team.
    Get over yourself. He didn't blow anything. The Rangers weren't going anywhere. If anything, that should have motivated the players even more but this team didn't have the horses.

What's the deal? Were you related to that fat ***** that got hit with the water bottle? I suppose you think it's OK for uncontrolled fans to spit at players and coaches and hurl defamatory insults at them? Everybody has a breaking point and halfway decent security would have prevented all of this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get over yourself. He didn't blow anything. The Rangers weren't going anywhere. If anything, that should have motivated the players even more but this team didn't have the horses.

What's the deal? Were you related to that fat ***** that got hit with the water bottle? I suppose you think it's OK for uncontrolled fans to spit at players and coaches and hurl defamatory insults at them? Everybody has a breaking point and halfway decent security would have prevented all of this.
    Anybody who watches hockey, rather than just their own team, would realize that the Rangers were just overmatched in that series. Plain and simple. Not to mention that those same Caps are doing a pretty good job against the Pens right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, I find it hard to believe that she was involved in any of that. Although, I also find it hard to believe that anyone would think it was perfectly acceptable that a paying fan should be potentially injured by a player or coach being paid to give entertainment to that person. You're basically saying that he shouldn't be responsible for his actions. If you brought your wife or girlfriend to a game and a coach hit her in the face by throwing a water bottle at her as hard as he could, that would be perfectly ok with you because the guys in front of you dumped some water on the guy and called him names. Ok, now I get it, you're a lunatic, lol.

I guess if someone comes to break into your house and your security system fails, it's not the criminal's fault, it's the security system's because it didn't work.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Anybody who watches hockey, rather than just their own team, would realize that the Rangers were just overmatched in that series. Plain and simple. Not to mention that those same Caps are doing a pretty good job against the Pens right now.
    Overmatched or not, they won 3 games, and the Coach was suspended with 3 wins coming back to the home game in game 6. I don't think you guys are giving your team enough credit. I think you guys would have won if you had left Avery in for game 5 and had no distractions(thanks coach) with home ice in game 6 (if it was even needed). And sure, you guys probably would have lost against the Bruins, but who knows? You were 2-2 I think in the regular season, and Carolina is up 2-1 so far. Also even records vs Pittsburgh and Carolina if I'm not mistaken. Making it to the finals would have been improbable, but not out of the realm of possibility.
    Last edited by Sharrow; 05-07-2009 at 02:46 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, I find it hard to believe that she was involved in any of that. Although, I also find it hard to believe that anyone would think it was perfectly acceptable that a paying fan should be potentially injured by a player or coach being paid to give entertainment to that person. You're basically saying that he shouldn't be responsible for his actions. If you brought your wife or girlfriend to a game and a coach hit her in the face by throwing a water bottle at her as hard as he could, that would be perfectly ok with you because the guys in front of you dumped some water on the guy and called him names. Ok, now I get it, you're a lunatic, lol.

I guess if someone comes to break into your house and your security system fails, it's not the criminal's fault, it's the security system's because it didn't work.
    First of all, I never said it was perfectly acceptable. And I never said he wasn't responsible. Show me where I've said either. He was held responsible, he served his suspension and he apologized. However, the arena's security force should be ashamed that they didn't do their job and respond to Jim Ramsey's pleas for help before this whole thing got out of hand.

Secondly, DJY88 is a Devil's fan (not a Ranger fan). He recognizes that the Rangers didn't have the personnel to advance very far. Yeah, maybe they should have beaten the Caps after being up 3-1, but the bottom line is, they simply weren't a good enough team. Stop going out of your way to blame Tortorella for the Rangers losing. The likelihood is, the Rangers wouldn't have even been IN the playoffs if Tortorella didn't show up when he did.

Lastly, that home security system analogy is about as dumb an analogy as I've ever seen on this board.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, I never said it was perfectly acceptable. And I never said he wasn't responsible. Show me where I've said either. He was held responsible, he served his suspension and he apologized. However, the arena's security force should be ashamed that they didn't do their job and respond to Jim Ramsey's pleas for help before this whole thing got out of hand.

Lastly, that home security system analogy is about as dumb an analogy as I've ever seen on this board.
    You practically said the suspension was a joke in the other thread. I don't think the analogy is that bad. Granted, I'm putting you in the victim's position and exaggerating the offense a little.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The likelihood is, the Rangers wouldn't have even been IN the playoffs if Tortorella didn't show up when he did.
    Although most of this conversation appears to be a waste of time, that phrase right there is the bottom line of this team.

Torts is a bit extreme, and while it's not right for him to act out the way he did, it's not like he went attacking innocent bystanders. I think the suspension was the right call forsure, but my god man, let's not go pretending she was there acting a saint. Torts plays off of high emotion, anybody who has EVER watched him is well aware of this, he is a 100% hit-or-miss coach. That's that.

Anybody thinking Torts is the problem on the Rangers needs their head checked.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel7 View Post
    I think the suspension was the right call forsure, but my god man, let's not go pretending she was there acting a saint.
    So you think she deserved it? You're right. Maybe if the glass wasn't there, she could have got what was really coming to her, and he could have punched her in the face instead.