Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1001 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919991000100110021003101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 20,001 to 20,020 of 26367

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice moves polidore and jamaican jet fan

and great news about the PSL's and Upper Deck being SOLD OUT, too

I've decided to not bother reading anything more posted by Babe Roof, our resident curmudgeon and his never ending quest to prove that the Jets have only sold 20K tickets and will have 65000 empty seats when the weather is cold or rain or how much better we would be playing in a broken down old relic with non-working escalators and Giant Stadium signs on the outside

better to just stick to the facts

PSL seats -- SOLD OUT

Upper Level seats -- SOLD OUT

Club seats -- limited availablity

once the seats are SOLD OUT, if they show up on stubhub they are still SOLD OUT as far as I know

Looking forward to 2010 in the new stadium -- GONNA BE GREAT

not as GREAT as 2011 in the new stadium will be with the 2010 Superbowl Championship banner unfurled and all 82,500 seats sold out and rocking t
    Last edited by sg3; 09-09-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3724582]nice moves polidore and jamaican jet fan

and great news about the PSL's and Upper Deck being SOLD OUT, too

I've decided to not bother reading anything more posted by Babe Roof, our resident curmudgeon and his never ending quest to prove that the Jets have only sold 20K tickets and will have 65000 empty seats when the weather is cold or rain or how much better we would be playing in a broken down old relic with non-working escalators and Giant Stadium signs on the outside

better to just stick to the facts

PSL seats -- SOLD OUT

Upper Level seats -- SOLD OUT

Club seats -- limited availablity

once the seats are SOLD OUT, if they show up on stubhub they are still SOLD OUT as far as I know

Looking forward to 2010 in the new stadium -- GONNA BE GREAT

not as GREAT as 2011 in the new stadium will be with the 2010 Superbowl Championship banner unfurled and all 82,500 seats sold out and rocking t[/QUOTE]
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! air raid time!!!!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=buickrob;3724524]You have a lot of issues, none of which have to do with football or the Jets. Whining about a commute in this job market amazes me. I'm also amazed that people on unemployment can get a job, not like it, quit and then continue to get unemployment. That's why your taxes are so high. Fired, let go, sure no problem with unemployment. Quit, that's on you.

Sorry I know this isn't the place but I couldn't just read that and not say anything.[/QUOTE]you have no clue about unemployment, do you? I paid towards my unemployment all my life. They are MY benefits to collect incase I am unemployed(by choice or not). You also have no clue as to what I was being paid to do that job with the commute, do you? I didn`t think so. Lets just put it this way. For every hour past 8 hours, I lost pay per hour. Lets say they were paying me $700 a week for 40 hours. Not great but I would never turn down an opportunity, especially in this market. That would be around $17.50 an hour pay for 40 hours. After 40 hours of work, the pay would decrease per hour. I was working 60-65 hours a week there, and that didn`t include my commute time. The commute was my problem, not theirs. So for a 65 hour work week which didn`t pay time and a half for ot, the pay would be reduced to $10.77 an hour. Not exactly a good job anymore, wouldn`t you think? Add the cost of fuel($280 a month), plus the time spent away from home not seeing the family, and the wear & tear on the vehicles, it just wasn`t worth it. So until you actually learn something, don`t say anything or assume anything about anyone else`s situation. You wouldn`t be able to do one week of what I do. Better yet, you probably aren`t qualified to do it, nor are you licensed to do it. So keep driving dad`s buick, ok Robert.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=349-12-x4;3724797]you have no clue about unemployment, do you? I paid towards my unemployment all my life. They are MY benefits to collect incase I am unemployed(by choice or not). You also have no clue as to what I was being paid to do that job with the commute, do you? I didn`t think so. Lets just put it this way. For every hour past 8 hours, I lost pay per hour. Lets say they were paying me $700 a week for 40 hours. Not great but I would never turn down an opportunity, especially in this market. That would be around $17.50 an hour pay for 40 hours. After 40 hours of work, the pay would decrease per hour. I was working 60-65 hours a week there, and that didn`t include my commute time. The commute was my problem, not theirs. So for a 65 hour work week which didn`t pay time and a half for ot, the pay would be reduced to $10.77 an hour. Not exactly a good job anymore, wouldn`t you think? Add the cost of fuel($280 a month), plus the time spent away from home not seeing the family, and the wear & tear on the vehicles, it just wasn`t worth it. So until you actually learn something, don`t say anything or assume anything about anyone else`s situation. You wouldn`t be able to do one week of what I do. Better yet, you probably aren`t qualified to do it, nor are you licensed to do it. So keep driving dad`s buick, ok Robert.[/QUOTE]

I won't get sucked into a blow out internet pi$$ing match so this is all I will say. Your comments about me, well....they are based on absolutely nothing. My comments about you were based on your life story which you've been so eager to share with us. Your last two posts prove my point.

[QUOTE=349-12-x4;3724797]You wouldn`t be able to do one week of what I do.[/QUOTE]
    Neither would you apparently.
    Last edited by buickrob; 09-09-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=buickrob;3724816]I won't get sucked into a blow out internet pi$$ing match so this is all I will say. Your comments about me, well....they are based on absolutely nothing. My comments about you were based on your life story which you've been so eager to share with us. Your last two posts prove my point.[/QUOTE]

LOL, my life story here hasn`t even begun. Plus you don`t know what I lie about or what is truth. ;) My comments on you are simply based on your babyfaced avatar. That pretty much says it all to me. Probably 26-30 years old, just got out on your own or still living with mommy and daddy. Whatever. :cool:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=349-12-x4;3724826]LOL, my life story here hasn`t even begun. Plus you don`t know what I lie about or what is truth. ;) My comments on you are simply based on your babyfaced avatar. That pretty much says it all to me. Probably 26-30 years old, just got out on your own or still living with mommy and daddy. Whatever. :cool:[/QUOTE]

31 years old the picture is from 2003, homeowner 4 years, married 5 years, 1 child, CAREER 7 years, worked since I was 14, mechanic to pay my way through College and have worked finance since graduation. Built my Buick too, not daddy.

Anything else you need to arm yourself with so you can continue your image?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=349-12-x4;3724797]you have no clue about unemployment, do you? I paid towards my unemployment all my life. They are MY benefits to collect incase I am unemployed(by choice or not). You also have no clue as to what I was being paid to do that job with the commute, do you? I didn`t think so. Lets just put it this way. For every hour past 8 hours, I lost pay per hour. Lets say they were paying me $700 a week for 40 hours. Not great but I would never turn down an opportunity, especially in this market. That would be around $17.50 an hour pay for 40 hours. After 40 hours of work, the pay would decrease per hour. I was working 60-65 hours a week there, and that didn`t include my commute time. The commute was my problem, not theirs. So for a 65 hour work week which didn`t pay time and a half for ot, the pay would be reduced to $10.77 an hour. Not exactly a good job anymore, wouldn`t you think? Add the cost of fuel($280 a month), plus the time spent away from home not seeing the family, and the wear & tear on the vehicles, it just wasn`t worth it. So until you actually learn something, don`t say anything or assume anything about anyone else`s situation. You wouldn`t be able to do one week of what I do. Better yet, you probably aren`t qualified to do it, nor are you licensed to do it. So keep driving dad`s buick, ok Robert.[/QUOTE]

dude, i hope you got some sort of side business or family money because if i was making 700 bucks a week and had kids and living in Bergen County with an 8k property tax bill i sure as hell would not be buying 4 season tickets to the Jets.

good luck with your job situation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=batman10023;3724838]dude, i hope you got some sort of side business or family money because if i was making 700 bucks a week and had kids and living in Bergen County with an 8k property tax bill i sure as hell would not be buying 4 season tickets to the Jets.

good luck with your job situation.[/QUOTE]none of the #`s are true. They were just an example, but it`s the same principal basically. Yeah, I hear you on the Jets tickets thing. Just something I didn`t want to give up after so many years. Throwing tradition away isn`t as easy one would think it would be. I`m prepared to give them up next season though. It`s just not worth it for me anymore. Still holding on though. I did go in half for the tickets with my tailgating buddy but I did have to front the money first. So in all reality, I only spent $2,000 for tickets this year.

We`re gonna try and stick it out for another school year here in NJ, then sell and head to PA. I`m not the only one. We`re fine for the time being. I`ve got a few things lined up and I`ve been some other stuff so I`m not as bad off as some others are. No fear of foreclosure or going broke or anything like that. Just cutting back on almost everything we don`t really need. You`d be surprised just how fickle you can be when times are tough.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=buickrob;3724837]31 years old the picture is from 2003, homeowner 4 years, married 5 years, 1 child, CAREER 7 years, worked since I was 14, mechanic to pay my way through College and have worked finance since graduation. Built my Buick too, not daddy.

Anything else you need to arm yourself with so you can continue your image?[/QUOTE]Thanks for your life story. ;) :D

Well you need to update your avatar pic, unless you are really ugly or something now. I thought you didn`t want to get into a pissing match on the internet? LOL

Anyway, I`m glad you are doing good and all that. Just don`t take it for granted. You can easily be like anyone else in my situation tomorrow. This country is NOT what it once was. Good luck. :)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know we've had our disagreements, ray, but seriously

good luck and I hope you land back on your feet really quickly

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3724872]you know we've had our disagreements, ray, but seriously

good luck and I hope you land back on your feet really quickly[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sg3;3724582]I've decided to not bother reading anything more posted by Babe Roof, our resident curmudgeon and his never ending quest to prove that the Jets have only sold 20K tickets and will have 65000 empty seats when the weather is cold or rain or how much better we would be playing in a broken down old relic with non-working escalators and Giant Stadium signs on the outside[/QUOTE]:rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize for showing compassion and wishing you good luck

won't happen again

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Everyone pays towards unemployment. In most states, you cannot collect it if you quit.

2. Your description of your job is clearly wrong. If you were a hourly employee and you were working more than 40hrs per week, your employer was legally required to pay you overtime - period. If they paid you less per hour after 40hrs, you needed to get a lawyer. In all probability, you were a salaried worker who is pissed that he was not paid more after 40 hours. If so, join the f'ing crowd.

As for your job situation, good look. I hope thing improve. Years ago, I was unemployed for a year and it sucked. In this market, I would recommend taking what you can get and building from there.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 09-09-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we please get this thread back on track? My goodness. I thought the SAR house hunt was bad, but this is getting silly!!!!

Somewhat on topic, I can't believe what people are willing to pay for a parking pass. I put one up on SH for $56 to the Pats game and it was gone in less than a day. Add the 15% fee for $8 and then the $17 for shipping (live ticket, not PDF) and the guy is paying over $80 for a parking pass. Absurd...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;3724912]1. Everyone pays towards unemployment. In most states, you cannot collect it if you quit.

2. Your description of your job is clearly wrong. If you were a hourly employee and you were working more than 40hrs per wee, your employer was legally required to pay you overtime - period. If they paid you less per hour after 40hrs, you needed to get a lawyer. In all probability, you were a salaried worker who is pissed that he was not paid more after 40 hours. If so, join the f'ing crowd.

As for your job situation, good look. I hope thing improve. Years ago, I was unemployed for a year and it sucked. In this market, I would recommend taking what you can get and building from there.[/QUOTE]yes, there are only 3 states where workers pay into their unemployment benefits. NJ is one of the 3. Quitting a job in NJ, you can still collect UE benefits since they are yours. The job I had also paid a commission, so I was exempt from OT pay. Turns out the commission was crap. I was taking out anywhere from 25-35 deliveries a day. All of them in crappy areas(Perth Amboy, New Brunswick, Newark, Jersey City, Irvington, Hillside, Maplewood, Union, Rahway, Paterson, etc...). All inner city deliveries. The company would offer commission, but they also knew to keep you out there for as long as possible doing as much as possible to keep the pay down to almost minimum wages. I couldn`t afford to work there and the claims officer at unemployment agreed. It is tough finding a good job that is fair in pay. With my experience(25+ years of driving in the NY metro area), I refuse to take a job now that doesn`t pay at least $22.50 hr with OT pay. So until I can find that job, I can`t accept anything else at this moment.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LV2;3724939]Can we please get this thread back on track? My goodness. I thought the SAR house hunt was bad, but this is getting silly!!!!

[/QUOTE]

pretty please

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LV2;3724939]Can we please get this thread back on track? My goodness. I thought the SAR house hunt was bad, but this is getting silly!!!!

Somewhat on topic, I can't believe what people are willing to pay for a parking pass. I put one up on SH for $56 to the Pats game and it was gone in less than a day. Add the 15% fee for $8 and then the $17 for shipping (live ticket, not PDF) and the guy is paying over $80 for a parking pass. Absurd...[/QUOTE]

$80 is nuts!!! Especially when you can pay $50 at the lot (which is also crazy).

Going to list my Vikings pass now;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Somewhat on topic, I can't believe what people are willing to pay for a parking pass. I put one up on SH for $56 to the Pats game and it was gone in less than a day. Add the 15% fee for $8 and then the $17 for shipping (live ticket, not PDF) and the guy is paying over $80 for a parking pass. Absurd...[/QUOTE]

stupid.

i went to stub hub today and it was interesting to note how strongly the Lower Sidelines were going for (for the Pats game). on the Aisle near the 20k seats i suspect you could have gotten 350 bucks each for those tickets.

that's about how much the few club seats have sold for i think.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    question, bat

are those the prices being asked or are you looking at recent sales?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LV2;3724939]Can we please get this thread back on track? My goodness. I thought the SAR house hunt was bad, but this is getting silly!!![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/IMG_0481.jpg[/IMG]

I found my hoodie!

SAR I