Page 103 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 353931011021031041051131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 26367

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

There is no doubt that the uppers in the new stadium will be physically farther from the field than the Meadowlands today.

The question is, will anyone notice?

Most of us will see our last game in the old stadium this year and 8 months later be in the new stadium. There will be so many things that are new, that I am not sure that distance will stand out.

It certainly won't stand out after the first or second game.

BZ

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3183688]No need to be a wise-ass. [/QUOTE]

That's rich!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BwanaZulia;3183900]There is no doubt that the uppers in the new stadium will be physically farther from the field than the Meadowlands today.

Most of us will see our last game in the old stadium this year and 8 months later be in the new stadium. There will be so many things that are new, that I am not sure that distance will stand out.

BZ[/QUOTE]

and if KING REX can build the defense he is capable of buliding, not only will nobody notice but NOBODY will give a hoot since it will be more fun watching opponents carted off the field.

plus, unlike Giant fans, we won't be investing in PSL's for the very same seat locations

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=sg3;3183916]and if KING REX can build the defense he is capable of buliding, not only will nobody notice but NOBODY will give a hoot since it will be more fun watching opponents carted off the field.

plus, unlike Giant fans, we won't be investing in PSL's for the very same seat locations[/QUOTE]

no thats the attitude.......

Jets Insider VIP
    the only one a fan should have less than ONE week from the opening of camp and the official end of having to watch boring baseball

[QUOTE=sg3;3183916]and if KING REX can build the defense he is capable of buliding, not only will nobody notice but NOBODY will give a hoot since it will be more fun watching opponents carted off the field.

[B]plus, unlike Giant fans, we won't be investing in PSL's for the very same seat locations[/B][/QUOTE]

The Giants only charged $1,000 for the upper endzone seats. I don't think that would have been much of a deterrent to anyone. For that price you get to keep the seats and pass them on or sell them. Well worth it...and I think their game day ticket prices are lower as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    for the record, i was responding to the" carted off the field"portion of sg3's post.

Jets Insider VIP
    something to look forward to!!!!

go to youtube and find "bodybag game"

[QUOTE=sg3;3183899]interesting trickery in those comparison pics between the current meadowlands and foxboro.

the meadowlands one is focused on the near endzone, the foxboro one is focused on the far endzone. I'll bet the near endzone view from the same spot makes it look quite a bit larger

In fact if you only look at the people on the sidelines in the bench area and towards the far endzone in BOTH PICTURES, they are almost exactly the SAME SIZE[/QUOTE]

very true. good point. they are very different shots. both do not offer the scale of the right endzone. apples and oranges.

[QUOTE=sg3;3183899]interesting trickery in those comparison pics between the current meadowlands and foxboro.

the meadowlands one is focused on the near endzone, the foxboro one is focused on the far endzone. I'll bet the near endzone view from the same spot makes it look quite a bit larger

In fact if you only look at the people on the sidelines in the bench area and towards the far endzone in BOTH PICTURES, they are almost exactly the SAME SIZE[/QUOTE]

I've been to both stadiums several times. Sat in the upper deck several times. You don't need to believe me, but that's the truth, Ruth. Giants Stadium upper deck is equivalent to Foxboro's mezzanine. Giants Stadium upper deck I can see the football, read the numbers on the jerseys. Foxboro is a bunch of ants and shadows. Was at the wildcard game in '06 up there. You can't see the football. You see the QB jerk, you see a crowd of players, if there are cheers it was a catch. You wouldn't know otherwise.

Jets at Patriots, November 22. Come on up, sit up there, see for yourself. I'll buy you a beer. I'll need to hire someone to bring it up to you and it'll be warm when it gets there, but its the least I can do.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Gillette_Stadium02.jpg/800px-Gillette_Stadium02.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

[QUOTE=BwanaZulia;3183900]There is no doubt that the uppers in the new stadium will be physically farther from the field than the Meadowlands today.

BZ[/QUOTE]

That's logical if you're comparing, say, two HDTV's to each other. When the better one leaves the room the one remaining looks just fine.

But if on one of those HDTV's you could see the football fly from the QB's hands and on the other one it just disappeared, you'd be pretty pissed off.

SAR I

[QUOTE=E4orBust;3183943]very true. good point. they are very different shots. both do not offer the scale of the right endzone. apples and oranges.[/QUOTE]

Forget the photos if you wish. I was only posting them to illustrate my words which are:

I've been to both upper decks and if you think that the view of the new upper deck will be similar to the existing upper deck, you've got another thing coming. The old-school design of Giants Stadium puts the upper deck fans closer to the field than any other NFL stadium, especially the modern ones.

Take the existing Giants Stadium upper deck. Push it outwards so that the entire mezzanine is exposed. Add another section of mezzanine seats. Push the upper deck outwards again so half of those incremental mezzanine seats are exposed. Now lift the mezzanine and add a level to house restaurants and terraces beneath it. Now lift the upper deck and add a double-layer of luxury suites beneath it. You are way way up, and you are way way out compared to what you have now.

SAR I

[QUOTE=sg3;3183899]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/comparisonud.jpg[/IMG]

Let's look at this again.

The Patriots fan is sitting on the 50 yard line.

The Jets fan is sitting behind the endzone.

Look at the far endzones (to the left of the image). Look at the width, look at the goalposts.

They are the same size, right?

The Patriots fan is 60 yards closer to that endzone and has the same view as the Jets fan who is 60 yards further away. The Jets fan in the old stadium is 60 yards, half a stadium further away stuck behind the endzone yet has the same view as a Patriots fan sitting smack-dab at midfield. And notice that the Jets endzone is more compressed with less depth because the seats are lower. Notice that the Patriots endzone appears deeper because the seats are higher up.

I've been there. It's the truth, Ruth.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 07-22-2009 at 09:22 AM.

Giants Reduce Ticket Prices in Mezzanine Club!

[QUOTE=Gas2No99;3183378]What are you talking about wannabe Air-Wolf?

"Deserve what I get?" I didn't get anything. I'm merely communicating what the posturing is by the Jets tickets office. Upon initially receiving the notice and email, I was ecstatic! Finally the chance to be a STH. Yet, most people unlike yourself, do proper research and ask questions to see what the real deal was as a STH in a lame-duck stadium. There's a reason this thread is over 100+ pages.

Would I get '09 and then be back on the sidelines (ie @ home b/c I can't afford $10k+ seats in 2010?) were the JEts going to lower PSLs? what is the process to secure and finance seats considering my low seniority? I don't get the hostility and how I'm "wasting" a rep's time? They called me.

Thanks to JI and this thread, I've learned all I needed in terms of what to expect. If I sound like a STH, well then, I guess my research paid off. ;)

I haven't lost out on anything. Merely relaying info that I have the opportunity to pick whichever seats I choose for 2009 and can purchase 2010 club seats and finance them. That's my info contribution for people going through the same process I am; for [I]current STH the info is that 1/2 the base has been contact and they're at 1990[/I]. and the fact that I, a current waitlister w/option to buy, would only have to wait 2 months to purchase non-psl seats indicates the Jets are DESPERATE to sell. One can infer either some price decrease in PSLs or Game Tickets in the near future or quite a good choices of seats because Jets fans (or brokers) are no-takers at this current pricing scheme.[/QUOTE]

You are correct in your inference that the Jets will reduce ticket prices and PSLs as I've stated several times before. In an article in Newsday on Tuesday, July 21 on the new rail line it was mentioned that the Giants have reduced corner mezzanine club seat game prices from $400 to $250! Obviously their sales aren't going according to plan, nor are the Jets. Once again SAR 1 is proved wrong in his rants.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=longsufferingjetsinsider;3184039]You are correct in your inference that the Jets will reduce ticket prices and PSLs as I've stated several times before. In an article in Newsday on Tuesday, July 21 on the new rail line it was mentioned that the Giants have reduced corner mezzanine club seat game prices from $400 to $250! Obviously their sales aren't going according to plan, nor are the Jets. Once again SAR 1 is proved wrong in his rants.[/QUOTE]

cue sar's cut and paste reply in 3..2..1..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3183676]
    did any of these assistant architects take into account that the new stadium field is at ground level as opposed to the current GS field which is 20-30 below ground level. I'm not an architect but I think that would mean that the new upper tier being higher than the current upper tier is mitigated by that 20-30 feet which probably amounts to 10-12 rows. [/QUOTE]

I had heard this but did not know it was as much as 30 feet. Good news for UD folks.

Do you have a link to the source of this info?

[QUOTE=longsufferingjetsinsider;3184039]You are correct in your inference that the Jets will reduce ticket prices and PSLs as I've stated several times before. In an article in Newsday on Tuesday, July 21 on the new rail line it was mentioned that the Giants have reduced corner mezzanine club seat game prices from $400 to $250! Obviously their sales aren't going according to plan, nor are the Jets. Once again SAR 1 is proved wrong in his rants.[/QUOTE]

SAR has never ranted in favor of Club Seats and is 100% on the record that there will be as many as 50% of them unsold by opening day 2010.

SAR has pointed out on numerous occasions that the Jets will try many different strategies to move Club Seats such as:

1. Offering them on a 5 year basis with a reduced PSL and the same gameday ticket prices.

2. Offering them on a single-season basis with no PSL and the same gameday ticket prices.

3. Offering them on a single-game basis with the same gameday prices.

4. Offering them on a single-game basis with reduced gameday prices and no access to the Club, special parking, etc.

Since you can't read, let me spell this out for you in simple words that are easy to comprehend:

Club. Seats. Have. No. Impact. On. The. 70,000. Non-Club. Seats. For. Sale.

Club. Seats. Are. For. Corporations. Who. Can't. Afford. A. Full-blown. Suite.

The. Most. Important. Revelation. About. The. Giants. Is. That. 8,500. Of. Their. Club. Seats. Sold. Out. In. This. Tough. Economy. 70%. Of. Their. Club. Seats. Sold. Out. Amazing.

Savvy?

SAR I

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3184055]I had heard this but did not know it was as much as 30 feet. Good news for UD folks.

Do you have a link to the source of this info?[/QUOTE]

That's really irrelevant information. It's not like the field is going to be 30 feet higher than the first row of seats in the lower level. LOL. Not like the stadium is being built 30 feet underground with the field levitating atop it. I'd hate to be in Row 1 of the lower level, having to look up 30 feet. All I'd see are the artificial roots of the artificial surface.

What matters is the height of the wall around the field as that's what starts the distance calculation to the top of the stadium. From the looks of things on the webcams, it looks to be the same height it is now. So the distance from the field to the top of the stadium will be 30 feet higher than the current stadium in its entirety. Not like they eliminated 30 feet worth of airspace between the field and the upper deck.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3184071]That's really irrelevant information. It's not like the field is going to be 30 feet higher than the first row of seats in the lower level. LOL. Not like the stadium is being built 30 feet underground with the field levitating atop it. I'd hate to be in Row 1 of the lower level, having to look up 30 feet. All I'd see are the artificial roots of the artificial surface.

What matters is the height of the wall around the field as that's what starts the distance calculation to the top of the stadium. From the looks of things on the webcams, it looks to be the same height it is now. So the distance from the field to the top of the stadium will be 30 feet higher than the current stadium in its entirety. Not like they eliminated 30 feet worth of airspace between the field and the upper deck.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know the actual difference for the next time I look at the stadiums side by side. But I tend to think the difference is probably more like ten feet - 30 feet is a major difference.

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3184082]I'd like to know the actual difference for the next time I look at the stadiums side by side. But I tend to think the difference is probably more like ten feet - 30 feet is a major difference.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.newjetsstadium.com/AUL/data/3/Gallery_Subs/123.CoachesClub_Exterior_1024.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.newjetsstadium.com/AUL/data/3/Gallery_Subs/174.Great-Hall-Club-field-view-1024x724.jpg[/IMG]

The current Giants Stadium wall is mammoth. The new one, unfortunately, looks to be the same height if not taller. A restaurant has, what, a 12 foot ceiling?

SAR I