Page 11 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

[QUOTE=Flagman5A;3126720]Enough that the front rows were taken and seats in the overhang areas also were taken. There were some seats in the middles of the rows. and this was last thursday....[/QUOTE]

When you say the front rows gone are you saying across the board or certain sections?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[B]BrowningNagle Excuse the long post - just had a bunch of thoughts on this floating around in my head and just wanted to get them out before my call that is supposed to come tomorrow - this post is almost more for me then anyone else and if its too long feel free to delete it. Just working through the entire process in my head. I'll pay you back by giving you just as detailed a blow by blow of my call this week for those interested! [/B]

Great post. Thanks for the candor.

[B]I disagree with SAR in that it was not a free ride for those 30 years - we paid what was asked and received he product as advertised. At the same time, I never had a contract with the team. While tradition dictated a certain system - I always knew that someday they could come in and change the terms of the deal. Thats life in a free market society. [/B]

Perhaps I shouldn't have said "free ride". It certainly cost everyone money. What I mean is that the same way some want recognition that "Woody is being greedy and hurting the average Jets fan" that these same people need to recognize the "good deal we've had since the 1980's".

We're all trying to rationalize spending, what, $16,000 to the Jets in one shot and then an increase of 30% in gameday ticket prices. One way to look at it is "a few bucks more per game.....beer and hot dog". Another way to justify it is "what I'm about to be asked to pay is a lot, but when I look at how much I saved vs. the other fans of the NFL over the past 25 years, it sort of wipes out what I'm about to pay".

Scream about the high prices of the future, but remember the low cost of Jets games since we moved to the Meadowlands too. Those 25 years of reasonable prices for great seat locations count for something.

[B]What the Jets have now done is draw a line in the sand and have chosen to make it about money and class. Now you have some people who can't afford the seats or can and choose not to spend their money this way calling out people who are buying PSL's morons. You also have some people who can afford the PSL's gloating about it over people who can not. [/B]

BMW's sit next to Honda's in every parking lot in America. Business class is only a few inches wider and a few feet ahead of coach. A Rolex owner can talk to a Casio owner.

Simple point being that Jets games are no different than any other aspect of our lives. And, as I've said earlier, this hasn't been fair to a large portion of Jetsland either. For every 60 year old squatting on 40 yard line seats there are 3 thirty-something's who want them, and they've been frozen out. Why? Why should people who can walk into any dealership and get a BMW, walk up to any ticket counter and get a first class seat, and go to a jewlery store and come out with a Submariner Date be told "sorry, nope" by their NFL team? Why have the last 40 years of Jets fandom been this unlike the rest of society?

I don't say this to be smug or to appear to be insensitive. Understand that please. But the point I raise is valid. While being sad for older Jets fans being priced out of the stadium, shouldn't we be happy for younger Jets fans finally getting their way in? Somewhere on JI is a 40 year old who's been on the waitlist since 1989, his "reward" being getting season tickets last year and getting the lowest seniority on the PSL list. In a month or two, he's going to finally be a New York Jets season ticket holder. Can we be happy for him?

[B]I think the Giants with their traditon will be able to get away with this unscathed but the Jets may be facing Yankee type ticket issues in 2010. [/B]

Disagree completely. Every PSL will be gone by summer, and the Jets will simply "un-club" the club seats on a year-by-year basis. Take away access to the restaurant, take away the special entrance, take away the close parking, lower the price from $400 to $199, and put 'em for sale each Wednesday. They'll be the hottest seats in New York. Fans will wait in line at 4am to scoop 'em up. Eventually, when the economy corrects itself, the club's will all sell out too.

[B]I look at it this way - its entertainment. I am probably upper middle class as I make a decent living - certainly not rich. [/B]

That's the heart of the matter right there. It's entertainment. It's not "life", it's not a birthright. I don't subscribe to movie forums, but do older movie fans scream that "tickets that used to cost me 10 cents now cost me 15 dollars.....the movie studios don't care about me anymore.....I was loyal to Paramount Studios since "Easy Rider"....." It's entertainment. It's completely frivolous. The Jets, like any other NFL team, are just pushing the value of that entertainment higher. iTunes just raised its prices 30%! There's no outrage.

[B]So in the end - I am going over to the dark side -[/B]

...and so will 90% of all current season ticket holders. And it's [I]them[/I], it's [I]those [/I]people that are causing the problems for the 10% being squeezed out. It's they who will pay Woody his money. It's they who will be ultimately responsible for the squeeze-out.

Welcome aboard.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 05-11-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent

Call Date for 1992?

Anyone get any information on when 1992 will get the call?

[QUOTE=FPAGS;3127289]Anyone get any information on when 1992 will get the call?[/QUOTE]

You should of received an email with information.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3127296]You should of received an email with information.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Just the generic email that says they expect to reach out to all season ticket holders by the end of June, but no specific information for my account.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FPAGS;3127289]Anyone get any information on when 1992 will get the call?[/QUOTE]

i am 1993 and was told today that it would be mid-July

[QUOTE=FPAGS;3127299]Nope. Just the generic email that says they expect to reach out to all season ticket holders by the end of June, but no specific information for my account.[/QUOTE]

You sent back the paper with the seat preferences right?

Give you're rep a call and see when they have you scheduled.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3127307]You sent back the paper with the seat preferences right?

Give you're rep a call and see when they have you scheduled.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I got a call a while back when they were trying to push the $20,000 PSL's, but I never returned his call. Can't remember his name. I just sent another email to the [email]newjetsstadium@newyorkjets.com[/email] email address.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3127306]i am 1993 and was told today that it would be mid-July[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't receive a call yet, but I would guess I would be around the same time period. I guess my rep is a little slower than yours:)

picture from row 20 upper deck

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/greenhanzo/gallery_65_9_1371118.jpg[/IMG]

Doesn't seem as far back as everyone is making it. Although its only a picture.

[QUOTE=Mike D;3127372]Doesn't seem as far back as everyone is making it. Although its only a picture.[/QUOTE]

While a picture doesn't give a true representation of depth and distance those vehicles look like Tonka Trucks from row 20. Imagine how big the players will look.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3127117]

I don't say this to be smug or to appear to be insensitive. Understand that please. But the point I raise is valid. While being sad for older Jets fans being priced out of the stadium, shouldn't we be happy for younger Jets fans finally getting their way in? Somewhere on JI is a 40 year old who's been on the waitlist since 1989, his "reward" being getting season tickets last year and getting the lowest seniority on the PSL list. In a month or two, he's going to finally be a New York Jets season ticket holder. Can we be happy for him?
    ...and so will 90% of all current season ticket holders. And it's [I]them[/I], it's [I]those [/I]people that are causing the problems for the 10% being squeezed out. It's they who will pay Woody his money. It's they who will be ultimately responsible for the squeeze-out.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

This 40 year old who’s been on the waiting list since 1989, I feel sorry for him; offered seats at a PSL price point odds are he can never justify, why would he be happy? Or the fan who just finally landed season tickets, odds are that’s it for him, a $30 to $40K PSL for his 2 seats put him back at home. What happens in 10 or 15 years of this delusional world, some 16 year right now hits 29, has a good job, single and a good amount of disposable income. Should the infamous SAR I lose his seat because now HE’S that 60 year old. Should you get tossed because the Jets put a dome up in 12 years and now your extra cash has to go to the kids college fund instead of the next round of PSLs? The PSL money should have been rolled into the club and luxury box pricing not passed on to the fans.

Oh and Scott if you didn’t want to appear smug you should have kept this comment to yourself.

[QUOTE=SAR I]My seniority isn't until 2001. I plan on using other means to get what I want. Cannot discuss publicly.
    [/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3126483]I've got no answer for you, but after I saw your post the other day, I checked it out out of curiosity. It appeared that row 33 is the last row of the section so its probably used as a handicap accessible row. Row 32 didn't have the same railing and row 34 didn't exist. I'd be surprised if it was available in the general seat population.

Why would you want to be there anyway?[/QUOTE]

Not to get too obsessive compulsive on this but I don't think row 33 is part of that group within the section. It is identified separately in the 3D Seat viewer. When you click on the section graphically it seems to show rows 25-32 in a grouping with 33 being singled out for some reason. But I wonder if it is available to the general population or if you'd have to somehow prove you're handicapped.

Rows 25-32 grouped together like most other row groupings in stadium
    [IMG]http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/5310/stadium2532h.jpg[/IMG]

Row 33 singled out on its own
    [IMG]http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/681/stadium33h.jpg[/IMG]

And then, when I see the big railing in front of it I'm thinking it's for handicapped persons or something.

[IMG]http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/1241/stadium33railingh.jpg[/IMG]

In any case, there is something odd about row 33 there.

Not sure I'd want to be there, just kind of curious.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 05-12-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3126611]Just give them a call and ask. They are very responsive. I called this morning to ask how many rows there are in the endzone corners that are under the mezzanine overhang (7-8 rows if anyone is interested rows 38 - 45). They are happy to answer easy fact-based general questions.[/QUOTE]

I will likely do that. And thanks for the info. on the overhangs! :thumbup:

SAR 1 – One comment on your post. I’m not going to beat this to death, but it’s something that bothers me every time I read your posts on the PSL matter. I agree its evolution and I will also agree that in “recent” years PSLs have become a part of life at new and renovated stadiums, but you keep on going back to this great bargain since the 1980’s. Except for the last few PSL years, what year was the cost of Jet tickets not among the highest in the NFL? They have always (I say “always” with an asterisk because there may have been a year that was the exception) been in the top 25% of the NFLs highest price tickets and some years in the top 5. You make it sound like they were giving these things away. Not only that, when they moved from Shea, they were begging ticket holders to buy two additional tickets just to fill the stadium and for years there was no waiting list.

I do believe new blood is good, but like BrowningNagle said, it becomes a class system. I go to the Thanksgiving Parade but I go at 5:30AM to get a good seat. Your philosophy would have Macy’s selling PSLs and you would say why shouldn’t the rich kid get the best seats even if he sleeps late? I hope I didn’t just give Mr. Macy an idea.

These are tough time for fans, but when you say the old timers got away would murder, you really hit through the heart of what these people had to endure – and I know you don’t mean it that way and you mean it from a business standpoint. But when I read that post the other day, I knew somebody was going to come back hard. When you have an empty seat next to you for a season because your friend passed away, it’s not the dollar value anymore that’s attaching you to those seats. I have no doubt that most of the old timers who really do not even post on a website like this, read that particular post and felt like when Dr. Evil says to his son Scott “you just don’t get it do you.

That’s it – kaput on this topic. For all of you that are doing the PSL thing, I hope you can get some great seats.

[URL="http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spmedia1212755561may11,0,5617510.column"]http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spmedia1212755561may11,0,5617510.column[/URL]

The numbers have been seared into the consciousness of New York baseball fans this season as surely as their favorite players' batting averages and home run totals:

From $2,625 at Yankee Stadium to up to $695 at Citi Field to other, relatively less outrageous prices, it has been a sticker-shock spring at our two new ballyards. Here's the thing, though, about all those daunting face values: They no longer have any real meaning in the bizarre bazaar that is the secondary ticket market.

For fans who initially said, "No, thanks,'' the price of attending a game has dropped to the point of being downright reasonable. OK, perhaps just less unreasonable. But the point is, at this stage, especially for less attractive opponents on less attractive days, [B]there is no sane reason to buy a ticket directly from a team.
    [/B]
    "Effectively, it's a new box office,'' said Mike Janes, CEO of FanSnap.com, a site that aggregates offers from more than 50 resellers. "There is a virtual box office that exists that is fan to fan.''

That box office has turned the resale market upside down, going from a place primarily to find tough-to-get tickets at a premium to one to find easy-to-get tickets at a discount. Nowhere is the trend more glaring, or under more scrutiny, than in the Bronx, where the Yankees generate by far the most active ticket market in sports.

A combination of the recession, inflated face values, the ease of Internet transactions and the increase in supply after New York legalized scalping in 2007 has led to more availability than ever at depressed prices - with as many as 10,000 tickets to any given Yankees game resold, 6,000 on StubHub alone.

StubHub spokesman Sean Pate said as of last week, the average resale price of a Yankees ticket was $79, down from $84 at this time last year despite the increase in face values. The Mets were averaging $72, up only slightly from $70, despite higher face values and a smaller stadium.

None of this is unique to New York, or to sports. StubHub's Red Sox tickets are down from $113 to $94 on average. "People are saving money left and right,'' Pate said. "There is so much volume for Yankees and Mets tickets, the pressure to price down is incredible.''

Care to attend Monday's Twins-Yankees game? As of Monday, you could choose from 14,495 tickets on FanSnap.

There are deals at all price levels. The Yankees host the Nationals June 16. You can sit in Row 3 of Section 20 behind home for $900 a ticket on the Yankees' site, or in Row 4 for $500 via StubHub. (StubHub charges a 10-percent fee per ticket, with a $5 minimum, plus $4.95 per order for electronic ticketing.)

Section 428 against the Orioles next Tuesday? The Yankees charge $26, if you include Ticketmaster's $4 fee. FanSnap had tickets for $9, $11, $12 and $14, including fees. Don't cry for the Yankees, though. Like every big-league team except the Red Sox, they have a partnership with StubHub, and get a cut of resales. That is a long way from 2006, when they threatened retaliation against season-ticket holders seeking to unload tickets on StubHub. Pate called it "a witch hunt for our customers.''

If there are financial losers in all this, they are mainly season-ticket holders. "If somebody was buying to speculate this year, they'd take a bath,'' Janes said.

The market for Mets tickets is less intense, but bargains still are widely available, with several thousand regularly changing hands each game. For May 26 against the Nationals, there were two tickets on StubHub Monday for $6 apiece and many under $10.

The games with the most availability are those that are most attractive. But shouldn't those be the games season-ticket holders most want to attend? "One fallacy is a real fan would never sell,'' Janes said. "That's baloney. Every fan has a price.''

Janes called the climate "unprecedented.'' Economists already are studying it.

"We were always getting chastised for having exorbitant prices and being the root of the problem,'' Pate said. "But the market reacts to economic conditions.''
    Last edited by lorwood; 05-12-2009 at 09:06 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=sec999;3127469]SAR 1 – One comment on your post. I’m not going to beat this to death, but it’s something that bothers me every time I read your posts on the PSL matter. I agree its evolution and I will also agree that in “recent” years PSLs have become a part of life at new and renovated stadiums, but you keep on going back to this great bargain since the 1980’s. Except for the last few PSL years, what year was the cost of Jet tickets not among the highest in the NFL? They have always (I say “always” with an asterisk because there may have been a year that was the exception) been in the top 25% of the NFLs highest price tickets and some years in the top 5. You make it sound like they were giving these things away. Not only that, when they moved from Shea, they were begging ticket holders to buy two additional tickets just to fill the stadium and for years there was no waiting list.

I do believe new blood is good, but like BrowningNagle said, it becomes a class system. I go to the Thanksgiving Parade but I go at 5:30AM to get a good seat. Your philosophy would have Macy’s selling PSLs and you would say why shouldn’t the rich kid get the best seats even if he sleeps late? I hope I didn’t just give Mr. Macy an idea.

These are tough time for fans, but when you say the old timers got away would murder, you really hit through the heart of what these people had to endure – and I know you don’t mean it that way and you mean it from a business standpoint. But when I read that post the other day, I knew somebody was going to come back hard. When you have an empty seat next to you for a season because your friend passed away, it’s not the dollar value anymore that’s attaching you to those seats. I have no doubt that most of the old timers who really do not even post on a website like this, read that particular post and felt like when Dr. Evil says to his son Scott “you just don’t get it do you.

That’s it – kaput on this topic. For all of you that are doing the PSL thing, I hope you can get some great seats.[/QUOTE]

I certainly don't want to speak for SAR, but I think the point he is making is that the "best seats" in the house were practically the same price as the "worst seats" in the house (recognizing of course that in football, that is a completely subjective determination). The folks who have had tickets since the 60's are presumably sitting on the 40 yd line, field level and paying $100 a tix. The guy who got tickets last year and is sitting in row 30 of Sect 340 is paying $80. There is no real price distinction between the highest and lowest seats. Not enough to make it part of the decision anyway as to where to sit.

Contrast that with baseball (Mets or Yankees). Even pre-new stadiums, it cost $10 to sit in the Upper Deck and $150 to sit behind home plate. In that sense, the old timers were getting a good deal.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    When will the greed stop? PSL's today, what's tomorrow?

I heard on the radio this morning that total MLB attendance is down 5%. I'm not sure that even this is enough to stop the greed of owners/players, etc.

I'm supposed to get the call today. It's now 1:45 no call yet.