Page 12 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WesWalker85;3127885]I'm supposed to get the call today. It's now 1:45 no call yet.[/QUOTE]

me too - has anyone not gotten a call on their assigned day?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    my friend who has had his tickets since 1965 just called me- he made his seat choices today...he has four tickets...

the first 20 rows of the upper prime 50-yard line seats (339/338 & 313/314) are sold out.....he chose two seats, section 319, row one....he also took section 222 row four...(the seats will eventually end up in my hands one way or another)....

the interesting thing is he had to pay a $500/deposit per ticket for the upper prime yet only a 10% deposit ($400/per ticket) for his two $4K PSL's....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3127930]my friend who has had his tickets since 1965 just called me- he made his seat choices today...he has four tickets...

the first 20 rows of the upper prime 50-yard line seats (339/338 & 313/314) are sold out.....he chose two seats, section 319, row one....he also took section 222 row four...(the seats will eventually end up in my hands one way or another)....

the interesting thing is he had to pay a $500/deposit per ticket for the upper prime yet only a 10% deposit ($400/per ticket) for his two $4K PSL's....[/QUOTE]

washe interested at in any lowers? Did they try to sell him higher priced areas?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3127965]washe interested at in any lowers? Did they try to sell him higher priced areas?[/QUOTE]

he wasn't going to take [I]any[/I] PSL but admitted the girl on the phone gave him the hard sell....after owning the seats for 40+ years he decided he wanted to at least own the rights to some of his tickets....he lives in NC and doesn't go to games and did it for me as a favor, though I told him I was not interested in buying PSL seats and would get upper end zones when the Jets called my number....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Psl

Just got off the phone with Jets salesgal. Decided to take the cheapest PSL, the $4k one in the mezzanine. Section 232a on the aisle. Take 3 steps to the left and the PSL go to $5k and the seats are $400/game. I could've taken Section 318 upstairs, but I reall ywanted to be a littel closer to the field. Those uppers are way the hell up there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rjsg1112;3128104]Just got off the phone with Jets salesgal. Decided to take the cheapest PSL, the $4k one in the mezzanine. Section 232a on the aisle. Take 3 steps to the left and the PSL go to $5k and the seats are $400/game. I could've taken Section 318 upstairs, but I reall ywanted to be a littel closer to the field. Those uppers are way the hell up there.[/QUOTE]

WHAT ROW?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    just got off the phone with my sales guy - their system was down this am so they are running behind.

We wanted mezz but wanted to hear other options to give you an idea of where they are - we requested 6 in a row and 2 right behind us:

$10K - sec 117 row 1 aisle seats available

$5K - lower EZ - 103 - row 4 and 5 aisle seats available

$4K - corners are available - 202a, 232a, 245a, 207a but they are starting to fill out - best I could do for my 8 seats was row 8-9 and up

We settled on the corner across from the Jet sideline. We always were in the lower level so I am interested in how the view is from the mezz. Its a smaller section as there is only 15 rows per section - also right near the club seats so should be good.

I was a bit upset that I couldn't get any row 1s at all in the mezz considering we go back to 1965 and have good Sr based on our LL seats. I asked him if those row 1s went to other ticket holders or the Jets - he said both -the Jets and NFL kept some tix throughout the stadium. I think thats BS but not much else to do. Seems there are still lots of tix left all over but things like aisle seats are going quick.

Other tidbits: The Jets bench side is the "sun side" if that matters to you - we were in the sun for years - sucks in Sept and is nice in the winter so didn't matter much to us. Overhang is only the mezz B sections or the last 8 rows of Lower level - I prefer the elements anyway. 4 huge HD jumbotrons like the one in yankee stadium. parking - PSL will have a prefered area closer to the stadium than non-PSL general. 1 pass for the 1st 4 tix, then 1 additional per 2 tickets so I will get 3 passes. 10% down pd immediately via CC ($400 each) and picked 15 yr plan.

thats it - my guy was pretty patient as I had a bunch of questions - I picked what I wanted and gave him a CC to hold them while I called my gang to make sure they were ok with my seats. then called back to complete. Took about 30 minutes.

Thats it - I feel a bit dirty but as I posted earlier it is what it is. I am excited to be in the new stadium and ready for a new experience in a new section - also ready for many years of new memories.

Good luck guys!
    Last edited by BrowningNagle; 05-12-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to go on record as saying those of you relaying your experiences are very informative and helpful. Thanks :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rjsg1112;3128104]Just got off the phone with Jets salesgal. Decided to take the cheapest PSL, the $4k one in the mezzanine. Section 232a on the aisle. Take 3 steps to the left and the PSL go to $5k and the seats are $400/game. I could've taken Section 318 upstairs, but I reall ywanted to be a littel closer to the field. Those uppers are way the hell up there.[/QUOTE]

when did you get your season tickets???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bummer is people are going for seats that I want... (2004).

:(

Stop buying PSLs!

:)

BZ

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BwanaZulia;3128191]The bummer is people are going for seats that I want... (2004).

:(

Stop buying PSLs!

:)

BZ[/QUOTE]

What are your expectations given 2004, BZ ??

By that, I mean what have you been led to believe, in your Jet rep conversations, will be available when your time comes up ??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3128196]What are your expectations given 2004, BZ ??

By that, I mean what have you been led to believe, in your Jet rep conversations, will be available when your time comes up ??[/QUOTE]

Mezz. $4K.

BZ

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BwanaZulia;3128208]Mezz. $4K.

BZ[/QUOTE]

Really ??.. I'm surprised.

I would think those seats would go quickly...and there are not a ton of those seats available.

We'll see..Good luck.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    section 232a row 6 seats 8-9 on the aisle closest to the club seats.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to give a little insight to those holding tix for only a few years, my seniority dates only to 2003, and I e-mailed my rep earlier today asking when I should receive a call. (He had sent me an e-mail after our first conversation in March.) He responded almost immediately, and said I would receive a call on August 13. I think there will be slim pickings by then, but I don't have much choice.

My understanding is that I could buy a club seat right now, but even for the cheapest ones, I can't be shelling out $400 per single game ticket.

I am hoping for a miracle ($4K or $5K PSLs in non-club seats), but my prediction is that I'll be watching Gang Green on TV from 2010 onward. I've been attending games since they moved to Jersey in 1984 and thought I struck gold when I got seats in my own name six years ago.

And for what it's worth, I didn't understand the hostility towards SAR, until I saw one of his posts...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info on the newer season ticket holders, our seniority is only 2009 and we are looking for LL goaline 10K since it looks like it may be our lowest priced choice. It seems like the PSLs are selling better than expected. We were hoping for the best seats in the 10K area, i im not so confident anymore.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my tickets today

had top priority pick....section 334 row 5 seats 6-10 gave a deposit of $2,500

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]sec999 SAR 1 – One comment on your post. I’m not going to beat this to death, but it’s something that bothers me every time I read your posts on the PSL matter. I agree its evolution and I will also agree that in “recent” years PSLs have become a part of life at new and renovated stadiums, but you keep on going back to this great bargain since the 1980’s. Except for the last few PSL years, what year was the cost of Jet tickets not among the highest in the NFL? [/B]

I'm referring to the choice seats between the 40's which are nowhere near what those types of locations command in modern stadiums today or in years passed. I'm not talking about endzone upper's. I'm talking about the best locations being way, way underpriced for decades. 15 rows up, 50 yard line, lowers, behind the Jets bench. Average cost, what, $70 for the past 30 years? That's the "free ride" I was talking about for those 20,000 fans or so who've had the best seats in the house with no incentive to give them up.

[B]I do believe new blood is good, but like BrowningNagle said, it becomes a class system. I go to the Thanksgiving Parade but I go at 5:30AM to get a good seat. Your philosophy would have Macy’s selling PSLs and you would say why shouldn’t the rich kid get the best seats even if he sleeps late? I hope I didn’t just give Mr. Macy an idea.[/B]

I get in trouble and anger people when I discuss the reality of the class system in EVERY walk of life. I say "BMW" and people get upset to I'll stop now. It's entertainment. The very best orchestra seats for the hottest musical on Broadway aren't given by birthright to the people who have been attending other shows in that theater the longest. Enough on that.

[B]These are tough time for fans, but when you say the old timers got away would murder, you really hit through the heart of what these people had to endure – and I know you don’t mean it that way and you mean it from a business standpoint. But when I read that post the other day, I knew somebody was going to come back hard. When you have an empty seat next to you for a season because your friend passed away, it’s not the dollar value anymore that’s attaching you to those seats. I have no doubt that most of the old timers who really do not even post on a website like this, read that particular post and felt like when Dr. Evil says to his son Scott “you just don’t get it do you.[/B]

You have to seperate the economics from the emotions. And, as I have pointed out, I feel very strongly that the vast majority of Jets fans under the age of 40 have been alienated and outcast and ignored for decades because of old timers holding onto their subscriptions so long. Yes, that's "loyalty". I get that. But what about the silent majority of Jets fans since 1985 just dying to get a decent seat to a game?

Someone needs to explain to me why its okay to whine about being a season ticket holder since 1977 and being unable to afford tickets but it's NOT okay to whine about wishing one could be a season ticket holder since 1977 and finally rejoicing about getting that chance? It's the same thing.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 05-12-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec999;3127469]
    I do believe new blood is good, but like BrowningNagle said, it becomes a class system. I go to the Thanksgiving Parade but I go at 5:30AM to get a good seat. Your philosophy would have Macy’s selling PSLs and you would say why shouldn’t the rich kid get the best seats even if he sleeps late? I hope I didn’t just give Mr. Macy an idea.
    [/QUOTE]

I go to the Macy's Parade very year as well.....we get there at 9AM in the 56th Street area....we bring ladders for the kids to sit on top of....much more efficient...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]jetnutjoe This 40 year old who’s been on the waiting list since 1989, I feel sorry for him; offered seats at a PSL price point odds are he can never justify, why would he be happy? [/B]

Because at $10k on a PSL for 2 seats on the 20's over 30 years, that's only $666 a year or $66 a game for that guy. To some people, $66 more a game for the ability to be a season ticket holder isn't a lot of money. $666 is a monthly car payment for most people. Instead of 12 payments a year his Lexus, it's 13 and he gets to go to every Jets game. Finally, after waiting 20 years for the privalege of doing so.

[B]What happens in 10 or 15 years of this delusional world, some 16 year right now hits 29, has a good job, single and a good amount of disposable income. Should the infamous SAR I lose his seat because now HE’S that 60 year old. [/B]

In 15 years I'll be 60 years old and ready to listen to good offers for my PSL. If I lose my seat it'll be because I chose to give it up. And that's the SAME thing that's going on now for the old timers, right? Move up to the free upper deck -or- get an affordable $4k PSL or choose to give it up. No one is taking away any old timer's seats. The Jets are just asking them to move to a different location and are being VERY generous with 27,000 seats being PSL-free.

[B]Should you get tossed because the Jets put a dome up in 12 years and now your extra cash has to go to the kids college fund instead of the next round of PSLs? The PSL money should have been rolled into the club and luxury box pricing not passed on to the fans. [/B]

I too wish there were no PSL's. I too wish that a movie cost 10 cents. I too wish the Dodgers never left Brooklyn. I too wish that I didn't spend the equivalent of my father's monthly income on DirecTV payments. These are nice wishes. Better to live in the real world where you either adjust to the new economics or you don't.

SAR I