Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1269 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 269769116912191259126712681269127012711279 ... LastLast
Results 25,361 to 25,380 of 26367

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]eaglenj Ive had multiple arguments with people in this thread, mainly him and [/B]

Fine, let's digest your points individually.

[B]SAR, because (they) insist that the stadium is sold out (then why are the Jets selling tickets) [/B]

The Jets themselves said they were sold out prior to opening day last season. Ignore me and sg3 if you like. Listen to the Jets. Unlike you and I who just speculate, they know the facts and they've provided them to us.

[B]and rip people for being "cheap" on an internet board where they don't have to back up what they say.[/B]

The most inexpensive PSL would cost a fan $13 per ticket. That's it. $13. The average PSL is $140. It's merely a 9% price increase. It's the cost of a beer and a hot dog. If using the word "cheap" is offensive, let's use another word: Foolish.

Ticket prices have gone from $13 to $110 from 1982 to 2009 at Giants Stadium. You weren't "cheap" then. Why be "cheap" now? Now that we have a brand new stadium to justify the prices.

The bottom line on pricing:

You lived with the price increases from $55 (2001) to $120 (2009) in Giants Stadium. You didn't cry, you didn't scream, you just took it. That's a 100% increase.

Yet when the prices go from $110 (2009) to $133 ($120 base + $13 PSL) you are outraged, pissed off, gonna quit on the team, gonna rag on the PSL buyers. That's only a 12% increase. For a brand new stadium.

WHY? Answer that question. WHY?

[B]Its ridiculous, to say you are a part of this board, a group of fans that like to talk about the team, yet to rip other fans that you have never met or know a thing about.[/B]

The shoe is on the other foot. The fans who dropped out of the stadium are ripping on the fans who bought PSL's. We're under attack. Forgive us if we defend ourselves. This thread is the history. It's all here. Go look it up. For every 1 jab I take at a quitter there are 10 jabs the quitters take at me.

[B]SAR is an internet tough guy, who doesn't want people drinking at the stadium and thinks a 325 I is a top of the line car. Someone who rips on longtime season ticket holders as "cheap" because he doesn't have to back it up. And sg3 is even worse since he's his b1tch.[/B]

SAR is not an internet tough guy. He's just honest.

People who drink at the stadium ruin the experience for families, including mine. When I was 20 and had no kids I too would enjoy getting a bit of a buzz and cursing at Bruce Coslet. I'm 47 now, have 13/10/7 year olds, and can see it from the other side now. My kids shouldn't have to be assaulted by drunks from the moment we park the car to the moment the game ends. It's horrible.

The 328i is a top of the line car compared to 99% of what others drive out there. I don't care if a Mercedes S Class owner looks down at me; I get to look down at all the Chevy, Ford, Honda, and VW people out there. Plenty of perch to gaze down from.

I fight back when people take shots at PSL owners as "fools" or "gullible". Once or twice, fine, I can let that go. But three times? Four? Time to fight back. And fighting back is easy against these cheap morons who can't calculate the price increases they took up the ass from 1999-2009 and compare them to the modest increase we just took for a brand new stadium.

[B]if you love your seats so much, and think your "investment" is so good, then way not sit on your laurels and enjoy yourself.[/B]

1. Tell your other friends in this thread to enjoy THEMSELVES in their living rooms and cut the crap on ragging on those of us who chose to invest in the team. We're not here to be your punching bags. We're not here to take your sh't as if investing $13 measly dollars on the team is some horrific crime.

2. Your personal attacks have been reported.

3. Grow up.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4119154][B]The Jets themselves said they were sold out prior to opening day last season. Ignore me and sg3 if you like. Listen to the Jets. Unlike you and I who just speculate, they know the facts and they've provided them to us.

[/QUOTE]

Lmao....new sig, thanks!

:D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4119165]Lmao....new sig, thanks!
    [/QUOTE]

I'm flattered.

Fact: Prior to the start of the 2010 inaugural season, Matt Higgins and the NY Jets very publicly and proudly said that the stadium was sold-out net of Club seats*. Every PSL seat sold. Each one has a contract. PSL seats are sold out.

Fact: During this 2010 offseason, several fans have vacated their lousy UD seats and others have upgraded to Clubs and PSL locations. To date the Jets have not been asked if they are still sold out of UD or Clubs, so we do not know.

Fact: If the Jets are no longer sold out due to upper deckers being one-and-done, who cares? The issue was never about finding enough cheapskates to fill the upper deck as there are no PSL's up there. The issue was never about the Club seats as we're all in agreement that they're a bad deal. The issue was the cheapskates and the squatters claiming that PSL's would never sell out as there weren't enough fans 'stupid' enough to buy them. PSL's are all gone. Only scattered Club's and EZ UD's remain.

Fact: You and your other smoking, burping, farting, drinking, blue-collar riff-raff who were just 100% positive that the typical Jets fan would tell Woody Johnson to stick it were DEAD WRONG. Instead, we PSL buyers are telling YOU QUITTERS to stick it, and we're doing it with our wallets. You don't want to pay a $13 vig to keep your seats? Cool. We'll take 'em.

Fact: For every GS fan who lost his beloved seat there is a MLS fan who just got his for the very first time. It is very disturbing that JI nation chooses to drown itself in it's own "I lost my seat, sniff-sniff" misery instead of being happy for those of us who suffered in lousy GS locations for decades.

Fact: This is a lot of debate and angst over a $13 problem. For another $13 a ticket you could have had a very nice LLEZ or Mezz A location.

SAR I

* Link: [url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/457569-jets-sell-out-season-opener-vs-ravens[/url]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CMEC;4118111]The Jets just raised the price of PSL's in the Lower Endzone from $2,500 to $4,000.

This must be a selling ploy to make the $5,000 and up Lower Level PSL's more appealing. Not a bad move by the Jets IMO![/QUOTE]

Odd that they would raise the price on a product they no longer have in stock and aren't producing any more.

Unless they still do have some in stock....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fredmertz;4119204]Odd that they would raise the price on a product they no longer have in stock and aren't producing any more.

Unless they still do have some in stock....[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they added some seats.

Perhaps more LLEZ fans decided to upgrade and relocate to Club Seats.

Perhaps more seats that were mandatory NFL allcoations opened up.

Perhaps a few unfortunate individuals defaulted on their PSL agreements by not paying for their 2011 subscriptions.

Once again, the whole world goes nuts in here if as few as 20 scattered PSL's are available.

Once again, Jets fans root against the Jets.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4119206]Once again, Jets fans root against the Jets.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Are they? Or are they rebelling against other Jet fans that show disdain for where other Jet fans might buy a seat?

No?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4119206]

Once again, Jets fans root against the Jets.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, if you check out stadiumpsl.com, you can snag 2 PSLs in 207A, row for for $2800. Total. That's a no-brainer.

There's no rooting against the Jets. In fact, that comment makes no sense.

You're a smart guy and you have chosen to put a stake in the ground on an argument that you know can not be proven wrong (at least as long as the current regime is in charge). It's like arguing with someone about the existence of god. The only response a true believer needs is, "yes there is" and the only answer you need is, "yes it is." We can't prove you wrong despite the preponderance of evidence that suggests you are.

I called to see if I could upgrade my seats in 142 to a lower row or closer to the 50. The rep on the phone didn't quite understand what "upgrade" meant, because he offered me the chance to switch to any of the 20 empty seats in my row that are further away from the 50 than mine. He also offered any combination of a few dozen seats available in the rows higher than mine. And this was what he was offering to someone who ALREADY owns PSLs.

I can't prove it's not sold out, just as I can't prove the sun will come up tomorrow, but the preponderance of evidence suggests that the sun will indeed come up and the Jets have plenty of PSLs to sell.

I'll save you the time it will take you to respond:

"No they don't."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4119217]Are they? Or are they rebelling against other Jet fans that show disdain for where other Jet fans might buy a seat?

No?[/QUOTE]

For 25 years, Giants Stadium Jets fans kept thousands of Jets fans out of the good seats.

Did any of them show any regard for our feelings at that time? Nope. We were just there to pick up their scraps, to check classified ads for the games they didn't want to attend at absurd prices.

Not sure why we owe them anything but disdain after the way we were treated. Talk to me in 25 years. Maybe then we'll feel bad for [I]Mr. 40 Yard Line Since 1985[/I].

It's [I]our [/I]turn now. Instead of hating on us, feel good for us. We waited 25 years to get a fair shot at a good seating location. That's a long time. That's half a fan's NFL lifetime.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fredmertz;4119230]Oddly enough, if you check out stadiumpsl.com, you can snag 2 PSLs in 207A, row for for $2800. Total. That's a no-brainer.

There's no rooting against the Jets. In fact, that comment makes no sense.

You're a smart guy and you have chosen to put a stake in the ground on an argument that you know can not be proven wrong (at least as long as the current regime is in charge). It's like arguing with someone about the existence of god. The only response a true believer needs is, "yes there is" and the only answer you need is, "yes it is." We can't prove you wrong despite the preponderance of evidence that suggests you are.

I called to see if I could upgrade my seats in 142 to a lower row or closer to the 50. The rep on the phone didn't quite understand what "upgrade" meant, because he offered me the chance to switch to any of the 20 empty seats in my row that are further away from the 50 than mine. He also offered any combination of a few dozen seats available in the rows higher than mine. And this was what he was offering to someone who ALREADY owns PSLs.

I can't prove it's not sold out, just as I can't prove the sun will come up tomorrow, but the preponderance of evidence suggests that the sun will indeed come up and the Jets have plenty of PSLs to sell.

I'll save you the time it will take you to respond:

"No they don't."[/QUOTE]

This argument is so 2009.

Let's say that right now, today, there are 4,000 unsold seats in the stadium. BFD. That's less than 5% of all the seats in the joint.

While its fun to nitpick on semantics, it's boring already. Their point since Day 1 wasn't [I]"Ha ha ha! The Jets won't sell out every seat! You'll see!" [/I] No, their point was something very different.

Their point was [I]"Woody Johnson is going to get his, boy. Right up his ass. No one will put up with this PSL bullsh't. No one. Gang Green Nation will be heard from. There will be ten, no, twenty thousand fans who will vote with their wallets and show that greedy bastard that we're mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore!!!!"[/I]

That was their point. They were dead wrong.

You want to focus on the 4,000 seats that are unsold? You do that. I'll focus on the 78,500 seats that ARE sold.

Giants Stadium held 76,000 with NO PSL's and NO Club Seats.

MetLife Stadium now holds 78,500 with 67,000 paying an average of $7,000 per seat for a personal license.

The platform that "J-E-T-S Nation will be heard from and the stadium will be a complete bust!" is proven to be one of the dumbest theories in the history of the franchise. It's right up there with "Rich Kotite will be a great coach!" and "Watch out for Neil O'Donnell!".

MORE Jets fans than ever before paying MORE money than ever before and MORE happy than ever before.

Yeah, I see a big problem with that. Let's talk about it some more. Because then I'll get [I]really [/I]good with the math and point out that of those 76,000 Giants Stadium fans that at least 40% of them were scalpers and Giants fans and old-time squatters. After all, that's what we were told by the so-called experts for all those years. "Jets fans leave games early because the stadium is filled with Giants fans who couldn't get Giants tickets." Remember? I do.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4118867]Im talking directly to sg3....and calling him out PERSONALLY. Shocking he won't respond.

Ive had multiple arguments with people in this thread, mainly him and SAR, because they insist that the stadium is sold out (then why are the Jets selling tickets) and rip people for being "cheap" on an internet board where they don't have to back up what they say.

Its ridiculous, to say you are a part of this board, a group of fans that like to talk about the team, yet to rip other fans that you have never met or know a thing about.

SAR is an internet tough guy, who doesn't want people drinking at the stadium and thinks a 325 I is a top of the line car. Someone who rips on longtime season ticket holders as "cheap" because he doesn't have to back it up. And sg3 is even worse since he's his b1tch.

Sg3 throwing out stuff on his own now is just too much....if you love your seats so much, and think your "investment" is so good, then way not sit on your laurels and enjoy yourself.[/QUOTE]

I speak as a STH who was an UDer until February 2010 when I actually saw how awful my seats were and how different they were in real life than the description I received back in 2009 when I agreed to locate in them. Months after I moved, prices in the LLEZ and Mezz B were reduced to 2500 dollar PSLs which financed over 15 years amounted to a pittance to spend to give yourself a shot at enjoying football games at Jet Life.

Every other UD season ticket holder had the same opportunity to see their seats and get out of them into seats in the Mezz or LL where they could actually enjoy watching games without a telescope. Those that didn't pretty much fit my definition of being shortsighted, too lazy or too cheap to see the pig they had purchased and take steps to improve things for themselves

As for your attacks on SAR, all I can say is that SAR was the primary motivator here at JI that got me to go take a look at my UD seats and allow me to move down from Blimp territory to great seats that I look forward to viewing Jet games for the rest of my days. For this I personally extend my thanks to SAR.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fredmertz;4119204]Odd that they would raise the price on a product they no longer have in stock and aren't producing any more.

Unless they still do have some in stock....[/QUOTE]

They will always have some seats in stock for the same reason that they always had "some" tickets at Midget Stadium. Even without PSL's, some fans gave up their ST's at Midget Stadium or were moved to better seats. The same thing has happened and will continue to happen in Metlife Stadium

As two relatively young guys, my friend and I enjoy our time in the crowd in the LLEZ. There are 46 rows of fans having a good time while being reasonably well behaved. Since we don't drink (other than a little peppermint schnapps and hot chocolat on a cold day), we appreciate the lack of seriously drunk people in our area.

Nevertheless, the LLEZ has 46 rows of people crammed into a relatively small area. He has two young daughters (including 1 infant) and I have a 1 year old daughter. Once our children are older, we are planning to bring our wives and/or daughters to games.

In the next 1-2 years:
    1) We will probably go from 2 to 4 tickets; and
    2) We will almost certainly change sections.
    - Mezz A is appealing b/c I like the view and the price change is almost (or possibly) nothing. With a smaller number of rows and what seems to be a slightly more mellow crowd, those seats might be more "daughter" friendly.
    - Mezz B has a family section that is appealing.

When that happens 2 seats open up and nothing went "wrong" for the Jets.

Bottom line: there always has been and always will be "some" turnover on seats.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4119310]They will always have some seats in stock for the same reason that they always had "some" tickets at Midget Stadium. Even without PSL's, some fans gave up their ST's at Midget Stadium or were moved to better seats. The same thing has happened and will continue to happen in Metlife Stadium

As two relatively young guys, my friend and I enjoy our time in the crowd in the LLEZ. There are 46 rows of fans having a good time while being reasonably well behaved. Since we don't drink (other than a little peppermint schnapps and hot chocolat on a cold day), we appreciate the lack of seriously drunk people in our area.

Nevertheless, the LLEZ has 46 rows of people crammed into a relatively small area. He has two young daughters (including 1 infant) and I have a 1 year old daughter. Once our children are older, we are planning to bring our wives and/or daughters to games.

In the next 1-2 years:
    1) We will probably go from 2 to 4 tickets; and
    2) We will almost certainly change sections.
    - Mezz A is appealing b/c I like the view and the price change is almost (or possibly) nothing. With a smaller number of rows and what seems to be a slightly more mellow crowd, those seats might be more "daughter" friendly.
    - Mezz B has a family section that is appealing.

When that happens 2 seats open up and nothing went "wrong" for the Jets.

Bottom line: there always has been and always will be "some" turnover on seats.[/QUOTE]

I think there is less of a "crowd" in LLEZ than the Mezz. Mezz B is a pretty big section and the public areas around those seats seems smaller and more corwded than the LLEZ. Just my opinion.

Club seats are probably the best viewing area, but way expensive and probabably increasing at a faster rate than the rest of the stadium.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pantograph3;4117534]Believe what you want, but the fact remains that the current mezz and upper deck are way higher and further from the field than they used to be. The views from the old stadium pretty much anywhere were great. Look at the views you posted from the old stadium - they all look great to me.[/QUOTE]

Yes. New Mezz is much higher and further from the field than it was at Giants Stadium. That has been understood for a while now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4119316]Yes. New Mezz is much higher and further from the field than it was at Giants Stadium. That has been understood for a while now.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/mezcomparo1.jpg[/IMG]

Nope. But rolling cameras and standing fans block 135 and the rest of the LL routinely.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4119312]I think there is less of a "crowd" in LLEZ than the Mezz. Mezz B is a pretty big section and the public areas around those seats seems smaller and more corwded than the LLEZ. Just my opinion.

Club seats are probably the best viewing area, but way expensive and probabably increasing at a faster rate than the rest of the stadium.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on Mezz B. The only section there that we would consider is the family section. With no booze allowed and foul language discouraged, we might consider it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just donated my Thursday night pre season game tickets to charity. It's a crime that the NFL charges us full price for the 4th pre season game. Game on Monday Night and then a game on Thursday night. No way any team plays starters or even their back-ups.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYDreamer;4119349]Just donated my Thursday night pre season game tickets to charity. It's a crime that the NFL charges us full price for the 4th pre season game. Game on Monday Night and then a game on Thursday night. No way any team plays starters or even their back-ups.[/QUOTE]

The Jets have not played any starters in Game 4 of the preseason since the end of the Pete Carroll era.

Stop looking for reasons to get mad. You've got a Super Bowl caliber team and a fantastic stadium with a seat that you were allowed to choose yourself. Believe it or not, this is the top of the mountain. Better enjoy it.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    weather.com is showing "few showers" on Thursday after a few nice days in a row. What is up with all the rain in the new stadium? I think I'll go buy some really fancy rain gear to guarantee that it never rains again for a home game...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cornfed;4119384]weather.com is showing "few showers" on Thursday after a few nice days in a row. What is up with all the rain in the new stadium? I think I'll go buy some really fancy rain gear to guarantee that it never rains again for a home game...[/QUOTE]

I love my covered seats better each rain storm.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4119405]I love my covered seats better each rain storm.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. I've just changed my mindset. I used to get frustrated about a wet tailgate and challenging grilling. Now I just leave home later, bring food, and eat a sandwich and drink a couple beers in the car while listening to AM radio like it's 1980. Last week I forgot a bottle opener and had to use a snow scraper to open bottles. I felt like I was back in college. And then if I buy beer in the stadium I get bottles instead of cups to minimize the amount of rain in my drinks.

But yes, covered seats would be really nice in those situations. Club access wouldn't hurt, either :)