Page 13 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

Banned
    [QUOTE=seanymac;3128319]had top priority pick....section 334 row 5 seats 6-10 gave a deposit of $2,500[/QUOTE]

damn, thats amazing man. J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3128330]I go to the Macy's Parade very year as well.....we get there at 9AM in the 56th Street area....we bring ladders for the kids to sit on top of....much more efficient...[/QUOTE]

This is ENTERTAINMENT. This isn't LIFE. This is a LUXURY. Not a NECESSITY.

Someone takes your job away, takes food away, takes medicine away, makes you outraged, we're here to listen and support you.

Someone takes your jetski or your summer house away, makes you outraged, we're going to sit with open mouths and reject you.

You've been spending thousands of LUXURY dollars on an ENTERTAINMENT event for decades. You're being asked to spend more. Do it. Or don't. Just don't complain about it. It isn't LIFE. It's ENTERTAINMENT.

People say "I've been a season ticket holder since 1968 and have gone to every game since the Shea days. This PSL thing is an outrage!"

I say "So, you're admitting that you've spent enough money on watching footbasll games to buy yourself a beach house for the past 40 years and you're complaining about [I]what[/I]? You've spent frivilous dollars on the Jets longer than I've been alive. Spend a little more and stop crying."

Someone tell me where I'm wrong, becuase I really don't see it. This isn't LIFE. This is a MOVIE. It's a COMIC BOOK.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 05-12-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3128330]I go to the Macy's Parade very year as well.....we get there at 9AM in the 56th Street area....we bring ladders for the kids to sit on top of....much more efficient...[/QUOTE]

I went once- got to watch from a Physical Therapy 2nd floor office facing Broadway with a full brunch spread, including Bloody Marys. Got there at nine o'clock, too. Those poor people on the street watching looked crowded and cold!:D

just an FYI for those of you with later dates - we were able to add 2 seats to our acct easily - could have added more. IF you are a later holder and know some with earlier seniority you should piggy back with them - you could leapfrog thousands. If you dont know anyone - make friends quick!

My godfather would have gotten the call in July - now he is right in the row behind us!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3128347]This is ENTERTAINMENT. This isn't LIFE. This is a LUXURY. Not a NECESSITY.

Someone takes your job away, takes food away, takes medicine away, makes you outraged, we're here to listen and support you.

Someone takes your jetski or your summer house away, makes you outraged, we're going to sit with open mouths and reject you.

You've been spending thousands of LUXURY dollars on an ENTERTAINMENT event for decades. You're being asked to spend more. Do it. Or don't. Just don't complain about it. It isn't LIFE. It's ENTERTAINMENT.

People say "I've been a season ticket holder since 1968 and have gone to every game since the Shea days. This PSL thing is an outrage!"

I say "So, you're admitting that you've spent enough money on watching footbasll games to buy yourself a beach house for the past 40 years and you're complaining about [I]what[/I]? You've spent frivilous dollars on the Jets longer than I've been alive. Spend a little more and stop crying."

Someone tell me where I'm wrong, becuase I really don't see it. This isn't LIFE. This is a MOVIE. It's a COMIC BOOK.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

except for gas, parking, tolls and a cup of coffee the Macy's Parade doesn't cost anything.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrowningNagle;3128358]just an FYI for those of you with later dates - we were able to add 2 seats to our acct easily - could have added more. IF you are a later holder and know some with earlier seniority you should piggy back with them - you could leapfrog thousands. If you dont know anyone - make friends quick!

My godfather would have gotten the call in July - now he is right in the row behind us![/QUOTE]

that's gonna wrankle some feathers....

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3128376]except for gas, parking, tolls and a cup of coffee the Macy's Parade doesn't cost anything.....[/QUOTE]

You see my analogy, yes? You're taking your 25th two-week cruise to Greece. Please don't complain that the towels aren't as soft and that it cost you more that it used to.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3128388]You see my analogy, yes? You're taking your 25th two-week cruise to Greece. Please don't complain that the towels aren't as soft and that it cost you more that it used to.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

actually we are leaving for a seven day western carribean Disney Cruise on Friday- we did greece on our honeymoon...Santorini is highly reccomended...

but I disagree with your analogy- if the price is going up the product should be better or they should be giving you more....the bigger issue is why should people pay for PSL's for a stadium they (Jets/Giants) didn't need other than to rape people's wallets???
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 05-12-2009 at 08:12 PM.

8:45 snd still no call. I understand the system was down according to another post but if true they could at least call and let me know. What the Heck. I am leaving a message for my rep. This stinks!

[QUOTE=WesWalker85;3128409]8:45 snd still no call. I understand the system was down according to another post but if true they could at least call and let me know. What the Heck. I am leaving a message for my rep. This stinks![/QUOTE]

absolutely call - I think they are done for the night and I'm sure they are behind but reach out to your rep. If not - call Christie the executive secretary on the site - she is very knowledgeable and nice - she can give you an update and leave a message for your rep.

[QUOTE=seanymac;3128319]had top priority pick....section 334 row 5 seats 6-10 gave a deposit of $2,500[/QUOTE]

Is that upper deck?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BrowningNagle;3128358]just an FYI for those of you with later dates - we were able to add 2 seats to our acct easily - could have added more. IF you are a later holder and know some with earlier seniority you should piggy back with them - you could leapfrog thousands. If you dont know anyone - make friends quick!

My godfather would have gotten the call in July - now he is right in the row behind us![/QUOTE]
    If this is true this is horse**** move on the Jets part.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3128449]Is that upper deck?[/QUOTE]

that is upper deck but I think they are taking $500 deposit for upper decks - kind of funny as that is more per seat than the $4K PSL deposit

I spoke with my rep this afternoon and I have to call him first thing in the morning to confirm the seats and give them a Credit Card.

I am repsonsible for 14 seats. The original plan was to do 6 PSL's in the mezz. corners and 8 seats around 40's in the upper deck.

After much time thought and many discussions, we (4 people who are paying the bill) decided that we are going to do all 14 seats in section 340, row 13 and 14. (8 seats in row 13, and 6 seats in row 14).

Nothing new to report, except it seems to me that the reps are telling everyone they are selling something different when it comes to parking passes and seat availability.

I think the Mezz. PSL's and the Lower End Zone PSL's are going be available for those of you with late 80's and early 90's seniority...That is just my view oppinion.

So they're allowing you to add seats to your account before reaching out to the rest of the people. That sucks. If that is the case and everyone adds seats couldn't they fill the stadium before logically reaching the end of the list (won't happen, but....)

[QUOTE=SAR I;3128339]
    Because at $10k on a PSL for 2 seats on the 20's over 30 years, that's only $666 a year or $66 a game for that guy. To some people, $66 more a game for the ability to be a season ticket holder isn't a lot of money. $666 is a monthly car payment for most people. Instead of 12 payments a year his Lexus, it's 13 and he gets to go to every Jets game. Finally, after waiting 20 years for the privalege of doing so.

In 15 years I'll be 60 years old and ready to listen to good offers for my PSL. If I lose my seat it'll be because I chose to give it up. And that's the SAME thing that's going on now for the old timers, right? Move up to the free upper deck -or- get an affordable $4k PSL or choose to give it up. No one is taking away any old timer's seats. The Jets are just asking them to move to a different location and are being VERY generous with 27,000 seats being PSL-free.

I too wish there were no PSL's. I too wish that a movie cost 10 cents. I too wish the Dodgers never left Brooklyn. I too wish that I didn't spend the equivalent of my father's monthly income on DirecTV payments. These are nice wishes. Better to live in the real world where you either adjust to the new economics or you don't.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

The whole reason I have to money to pay this PSL is because I’m not foolish enough to finance a sporting event or any form of entertainment for that matter. You’re also making the assumption the PSL will have value in 15 or 20 years, if the Jets decide to opt out or the Jets/Giants change the stadium configuration the current PSL agreement is voided and they can start this misery again; you now have 10 years of payments for nothing; you have said it yourself the PSL is no investment. Plus most of the guys I know would like to pass their tickets on to their kids, who have just started to attend games when they retire not sell them.

If the Jets/Giants came out and said the new stadium pricing would be raised and/or the seat price would double for the ‘good seats’ I could accept that, but there’s no way I can agree with charging people for the right to buy the ticket.

I inquired about this back in February and was told by my rep that you could add club seats anytime and other seats ONLY after every account had a chance to select seats, which seemed fair. If people with early seniority are able to add 2 or more tickets to every account, how can they guarantee every account gets seats?

Of course I was looking to do the exact same thing for my buddy's nephew, so I'm no saint...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mike D;3128580]So they're allowing you to add seats to your account before reaching out to the rest of the people. That sucks. If that is the case and everyone adds seats couldn't they fill the stadium before logically reaching the end of the list (won't happen, but....)[/QUOTE]

That is such a crock of sh!t. How can they let people add seats in the cheaper or non PSL section without reaching out to all current season ticket holders first? I don't buy it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=petejet;3128665]That is such a crock of sh!t. How can they let people add seats in the cheaper or non PSL section without reaching out to all current season ticket holders first? I don't buy it.[/QUOTE]

agreed they should go through entire season ticket holders now and if you request tickets they contact you after the initial sales. Then you can move on to the waiting list or even go to waiting list then back to current holders who want to add a seat.

I was reading that post on the Newsday story on MLB ticket prices. Wouldnít that be something if at the end of the day the PSL holders had to sell their tickets at discounts and the seniors make out on the deal. I usually donít look at this site too much this time of year, but this is like reality TV. Now Iím checking in every morning to see the next episode. They let you buy two extra tickets Ė thatís great. You got the bucks we got the tickets.