Page 1318 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 3188181218126813081316131713181319 LastLast
Results 26,341 to 26,360 of 26367

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4250486]I go to a football game to watch a football game. We are in agreement that honoring soldiers is the right thing to do at NFL games. I'm all for it. Where we disagree is in the [I]amount [/I]of honoring that goes on each season and each game.

I would prefer that if the Jets intend to honor 8 military personnel at a game that they take a full 4 minute TV timeout, bring all 8 onto midfield, put their names up on the screens, and get them a well-deserved standing ovation.

What I don't appreciate is the fact that the Jets honor these 8 people individually, around 2 per quarter, begging the audience for applause. Honoring the military is great, it's well-deserved, it's nothing I disagree with. It's the Jets implementation that makes it tiresome, repetitive, and in my opinion waters-down the enthusiasm the crowd can (and should) demonstrate.

I donate money at charitable events, support local kids serving in the military too. I go to NFL games to forget the real world, not be constantly reminded of it.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I guess we simply disagree. If you think the team is "begging the audience for applause," you really don't understand. The team has been putting up shots on the big screens of fans in the stands for years. In past years, it was kids, cute women and guys dressed outrageously.....anything to draw the eyeballs and maybe bring a warm feeling to the crowds.

Now? The team still puts up those same groups, but have added a new group....soldiers in uniform. And they do it for the same reason as the others.....it brings a warm feeling to those in the crowd. Maybe they have family overseas right now. Maybe they themselves served in the military.

If the sight of a few soldiers per night reminds you of the real world, maybe we should stop other rituals that remind us of what goes on outside the walls of the stadium.......

Let's stop the rule on two beers per person....that reminds me of drunk drivers since they are trying to prevent too many drunks and by extension, DWI fatalities.
    Let's stop the rule on No Smoking in the stadium...that reminds me of all the people that are dying of lung cancer.

What I am saying is that there are reminders everywhere of the outside world in and around football games. There are many of us that not only don't mind these little tips of the cap to soldiers attending the game, we enjoy them and want them to continue.

That being said, if you can't use your tickets one week and need a tax deductible place to donate your tickets, this [B]high school student [/B]has set up a place to do so....and you know the tickets won't be resold to some person online for a profit.

[url]http://www.giticketsfoundation.org/[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4250471]Enough with the soldiers already. Haven't been to a Jets game since 2005 where some military person isn't being honored or it's some special military day. Every 20 minutes, there's some member of the armed forces on the LCD's, every 20 minutes I'm supposed to cheer.

Like any average American, I appreciate what these guys do for our country, I am grateful for how they make the safety of our freedom their mission in life. Truly, I appreciate everything they do.

I just don't need a reminder every time I go to a game.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

just like people don't need a reminder that you drive a low end BMW. but that's not going to stop either. :-)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rgoltsch;4250457]I had an extra pair of tickets for this week's game. Like your Batman, they were also club seats. I was trying to figure out what to do with this extra pair, then I remembered that I read a story in the Star Ledger a few weeks back:
    [url]http://blog.nj.com/njv_mark_diionno/2011/11/di_ionno_jersey_teen_has_ticke.html[/url]

It is a high school junior from New Providence, NJ that set up a charity to provide sports tickets to returning military vets. [url]http://www.giticketsfoundation.org/[/url]

I contacted him this evening, and was able to use the Jets website to forward on to him a pair of tickets. From what he told me, a soldier in the army, and a big Jets fan, is now going to the game.......Like you Batman, I'd rather see a Jet fan come to the game than a Bills fan :yes:

Check out his website. If you have tickets to a game that you want to donate, he can put them in the hands of people that you KNOW will appreciate them. He also accepts donations so that he can purchase tickets for other sporting events for soldiers.[/QUOTE]

this is good to know. i have also given some tickets in the past to the boy scouts (with parking) where i know the tickets get used.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4249583]I don't fit either mold.

I have a PSL. My seats are virtually the same as the old stadium, only twice as expensive. The parking is a bigger pain in the ass and the food is still crap. The only thing that is better is that it is Jetlife Stadium, not the old name.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 PSLs: Lower sidelines and Mezz corner. Game day tickets are $145 and $125, respectively, about $30 - $45 more than my old crappy lower corners with the terrible sightlines were. My seats are monumentally better than my old ones at the dump formerly known as Giamts Stadium. Parking is so much easier now... Quick entry to Lot K (sometimes L) and out onto Route 3 after the game in under 5 minutes after turning the ignition key. Whatever they did, the parking situation for those of us who exit onto 3 West is remarkably better. Food is better now, but still undesirable. I eat before the games, but of course the kids always get hungry during the game no matter how much they eat outside the stadium. Cost of stadium food/drinks is beyond absurd. $7 for a small cup of ice cream for your kids? Really, Jets? F*ck you for that. Parents are hostages to that crap. Now if we could only get rid of that awful PA announcer and his annoying "that's another Jets ________" schtick. Do the Jets have any idea how stupid, annoying and disliked that is?
    Last edited by Dcat; 11-26-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4250486]I go to a football game to watch a football game. We are in agreement that honoring soldiers is the right thing to do at NFL games. I'm all for it. Where we disagree is in the [I]amount [/I]of honoring that goes on each season and each game.

I would prefer that if the Jets intend to honor 8 military personnel at a game that they take a full 4 minute TV timeout, bring all 8 onto midfield, put their names up on the screens, and get them a well-deserved standing ovation.

What I don't appreciate is the fact that the Jets honor these 8 people individually, around 2 per quarter, begging the audience for applause. Honoring the military is great, it's well-deserved, it's nothing I disagree with. It's the Jets implementation that makes it tiresome, repetitive, and in my opinion waters-down the enthusiasm the crowd can (and should) demonstrate.

I donate money at charitable events, support local kids serving in the military too. I go to NFL games to forget the real world, not be constantly reminded of it.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

They should have them all come out earlier in the game because we suck and the poor guy who came out in the 4th qtr. of the Pats game barely got a cheer. I felt bad, and yes, I got to admit, enough is enough, every 5 min. I gotta stand up and say thank you. Thank you once and for all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4250679]I have 2 PSLs: Lower sidelines and Mezz corner. Game day tickets are $145 and $125, respectively, about $30 - $45 more than my old crappy lower corners with the terrible sightlines were. My seats are monumentally better than my old ones at the dump formerly known as Giamts Stadium. Parking is so much easier now... Quick entry to Lot K (sometimes L) and out onto Route 3 after the game in under 5 minutes after turning the ignition key. Whatever they did, the parking situation for those of us who exit onto 3 West is remarkably better. Food is better now, but still undesirable. I eat before the games, but of course the kids always get hungry during the game no matter how much they eat outside the stadium. Cost of stadium food/drinks is beyond absurd. $7 for a small cup of ice cream for your kids? Really, Jets? F*ck you for that. Parents are hostages to that crap. Now if we could only get rid of that awful PA announcer and his annoying "that's another Jets ________" schtick. Do the Jets have any idea how stupid, annoying and disliked that is?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying, I'm interested in your perspective. I think that your math is off because you are not factoring the cost of the PSL. If you bought $20,000 of Con-Ed instead of a PSL, it would pay you and go up in value and not dissapear in 30 years. To me, that's a real cost and gets you to a doubling in price.

The parking situation to me is rough if I want to get to a spot and meet somebody. Different colors and rude or worse (supply your own adjective) attendants don't make it better.

The food, marginally better, but like you said, undesirable and over priced. Try finding something low fat in the place. This is the NYC area, is this the best we can do?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rgoltsch;4250457]I had an extra pair of tickets for this week's game. Like your Batman, they were also club seats. I was trying to figure out what to do with this extra pair, then I remembered that I read a story in the Star Ledger a few weeks back:
    [url]http://blog.nj.com/njv_mark_diionno/2011/11/di_ionno_jersey_teen_has_ticke.html[/url]

It is a high school junior from New Providence, NJ that set up a charity to provide sports tickets to returning military vets. [url]http://www.giticketsfoundation.org/[/url]

I contacted him this evening, and was able to use the Jets website to forward on to him a pair of tickets. From what he told me, a soldier in the army, and a big Jets fan, is now going to the game.......Like you Batman, I'd rather see a Jet fan come to the game than a Bills fan :yes:

Check out his website. If you have tickets to a game that you want to donate, he can put them in the hands of people that you KNOW will appreciate them. He also accepts donations so that he can purchase tickets for other sporting events for soldiers.[/QUOTE]

Props to you for helping someone in service of our country. You have my admiration.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sec340;4250699]They should have them all come out earlier in the game because we suck and the poor guy who came out in the 4th qtr. of the Pats game barely got a cheer. I felt bad, and yes, I got to admit, enough is enough, every 5 min. I gotta stand up and say thank you. Thank you once and for all.[/QUOTE]

Was at the Garden watching the Rangers game this afternoon. Ask me how many times we were asked to recognize a military person.

Zero.

God bless America.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4250805]Thanks for replying, I'm interested in your perspective. I think that your math is off because you are not factoring the cost of the PSL. If you bought $20,000 of Con-Ed instead of a PSL, it would pay you and go up in value and not dissapear in 30 years. To me, that's a real cost and gets you to a doubling in price.

The parking situation to me is rough if I want to get to a spot and meet somebody. Different colors and rude or worse (supply your own adjective) attendants don't make it better.

The food, marginally better, but like you said, undesirable and over priced. Try finding something low fat in the place. This is the NYC area, is this the best we can do?[/QUOTE]

A couple of anecdotes:

- I was in the mezz clubs once last year and there was a place where you can buy sandwiches and the lady in front of me actually had the guy hand her the load of bread so she could read the nutritional info. You could at least get a turkey sandwich on multigrain in there, which ain't bad

- I noticed in the West Gate entrance there is now a place which sells vegetarian options and, I think, some other low fat stuff. I'll snap a pic tomorrow if I remember

- There's also now a Gluten Free stand in the same area for folks with Celiac Disease or Gluten Intolerances

Just a few data points. Last year I griped a bit about how it was hard to find non-lethal food in the stadium outside of the Clubs. Now it seems like there are at least *some* options.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    One other note - the fact that we have folks speaking out against cheering for military folks....at one of the more manly places one can find...watching football, often while drinking beer.....is a sign that the Internet is full.

I'm off to go speak out against other terrible injustices such as motherhood and apple pie.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    How anyone could be annoyed by the fact the Jets recognize soldiers serving our country, and helping us live the life that enables us to go watch football games on Sundays is beyond me.

Actually I find it sickening.

I'm shutting this thread down for a while, it's about seats at the new stadium not bull**** complaints. You've got a bull**** complaint take it to the NY Jets, not JI.

To the brave folks putting their lives on the line so myself and fools that don't appreciate you can live our daily lives without worry because of people like you, thank you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

New stadium thread

I'm starting a new one because the old one was closed.

I liked the old one because it was about the stadium experience. Don't let one person ruin it for everybody.

I think someone will give me some tips on low fat food at the stadium, so please do it here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4251228]I'm starting a new one because the old one was closed.

I liked the old one because it was about the stadium experience. Don't let one person ruin it for everybody.

I think someone will give me some tips on low fat food at the stadium, so please do it here.[/QUOTE]

I'm still mad they took away the turkey sandwiches for some stupid reason. That was the only healthy choice I'm aware of.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a stand with veggie options. At least at the West Gate entrance. Try that one out, I'm fairly certain they have some very low fat options. You may have to consider yourself a dirty, long-haired, Grateful Dead-loving hippy to eat there. But I do think they gots low fat options.

So give 'em a try if you want low fat.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who mocks the support of American Soldiers should be BANNED for LIFE here. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4251244]Anyone who mocks the support of American Soldiers should be BANNED for LIFE here. GOD BLESS AMERICA.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Yet again, its SAR spewing his ridiculous crap. I hope he runs into some nice Upper Deck gentlemen who have Served so that they can have a nice "discussion" about the crap he writes on this board.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cornfed;4251241]There is a stand with veggie options. At least at the West Gate entrance. Try that one out, I'm fairly certain they have some very low fat options. You may have to consider yourself a dirty, long-haired, Grateful Dead-loving hippy to eat there. But I do think they gots low fat options.

So give 'em a try if you want low fat.[/QUOTE]

I never saw one by the west gate, can you give me a better idea? Also, what kind of stuff do they sell?

It's a shame I can't find a grilled chicken or turkey sandwich in the place. They have healthier options at Wendy's for crying out load.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4251319]I never saw one by the west gate, can you give me a better idea? Also, what kind of stuff do they sell?

It's a shame I can't find a grilled chicken or turkey sandwich in the place. They have healthier options at Wendy's for crying out load.[/QUOTE]

Where are you sitting? From what I hear, the clubs have a decent choice of foods that are better for you.....not that I'd know, I have my hot dog, fries and Pepsi for each game. I am not much for fancier fare.

Seriously, I know the mezzanine club on the visitor's side has a sandwich stand, and they have a sign that you can get gluten-free products (I noticed that since my Father in law needs a gluten free diet). I'd bet you can get a nice plain turkey sandwich there....that's a pretty healthy sandwich, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rgoltsch;4251342]Where are you sitting? From what I hear, the clubs have a decent choice of foods that are better for you.....not that I'd know, I have my hot dog, fries and Pepsi for each game. I am not much for fancier fare.

Seriously, I know the mezzanine club on the visitor's side has a sandwich stand, and they have a sign that you can get gluten-free products (I noticed that since my Father in law needs a gluten free diet). I'd bet you can get a nice plain turkey sandwich there....that's a pretty healthy sandwich, right?[/QUOTE]

I'm PSL, not club, so I'm out of luck.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4251244]Anyone who mocks the support of American Soldiers should be BANNED for LIFE here. GOD BLESS AMERICA.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=eaglenj;4251291]Agreed.

Yet again, its SAR spewing his ridiculous crap. I hope he runs into some nice Upper Deck gentlemen who have Served so that they can have a nice "discussion" about the crap he writes on this board.[/QUOTE]

Learn to read.

I'm all for supporting the military, I donate hundreds of dollars each year to local families, my grandmother was injured in 9/11, my father and grandfathers all served.

The Jets can handle honoring the military in a fashion that's better for the soldiers and the fans. That's all I said. You have an issue with that take it to PM and I'll be happy to continue the conversation.

SAR I