Page 4 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mike D;3121701]When I spoke to my lovely PSL rep she advised me I should be able to get a $4-$5k PSL. I don't think many people want/like to sit in the endzones.[/QUOTE]

Believe it when you see it. For many people who cannot afford the higher PSLs and cannot get into the upper bowl the 4-5K is their only option. Endzone seating is also the smallest sections. FWIW - when I get my initial call I was told I had a good chance to get into the upper bowl. Now I know that is not an option.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=petejet;3122182]Believe it when you see it. For many people who cannot afford the higher PSLs and cannot get into the upper bowl the 4-5K is their only option. Endzone seating is also the smallest sections. FWIW - when I get my initial call I was told I had a good chance to get into the upper bowl. Now I know that is not an option.[/QUOTE]

what is your senority?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=djaparz;3122187]what is your senority?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=djaparz;3122003]Oh ok i t hought the rep told you that you where only able to buy in seat locations that are in the same area as you sit now, but its actually your preference. I can undertsand what your saying. Its a tradition you a your dad shared and now you and your kids. I am willing to pay the PSLs (no more than $10,000.00 and that is really pushing it) but i still feel like the perks of a PSl to the seat holder is nothing. My tickets still increased in price, i still need to buy a parking pass, etc. Basically i am paying to have the right to pay for something that i have purchased every year with out even thinking twice about it for 17 years.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you're saying. The whole idea sucks in that PSLs are not going to be an "investment" if you're planning on using the seats. I could opt to go down from six seats to four or five, or move over one section and pay 5K less per PSL. I know sitting where we have all these years has spoiled me, but I also feel the team is penalizing people for seniority (i.e. longtime loyalty). Just because you have good seats doesn't mean you're wealthy (I do fine, but my kids have to go to college in a few years), but that's the way the Jets are treating it. Throw in parking and the fact they will not guarantee increases in individual seat prices and it just seems like a scam. A friend told me to just drop the seats entirely and buy individual seats on Stub Hub and I'm considering it.

I just don't want to be one of those people sitting in the good Yanks and Mets seats who look like idiots for having shelled out so much money.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3122098]I'm confused. The difference on a 10% deposit between a $10k PSL and a $5k PSL is $500. Is that the big obstacle?

Credit card, baby. Charge it and pay it down over a few months.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

As 1 of WOODY`S Sales People /kiss up Boy`s you wouldn`t see the difference would you ,the fact that Woody is getting $5000, RIGHT OFF THE BAT FOR THE RIGHT FOR US TO GIVE HIM MORE MONEY TO BUY SEASON TICKET`S THEN CHARGE US INTEREST ON THE MONEY THAT WE ARE BORROWING FROM THE BANK OF WOODY, who wipes his but with $100 bills.I will tell you what SAR if they call me on June 12th and tell me all the $5000 End zone PSL`S are sold out thats it I am done ,It took mea ,long time to convince myself to spend that much

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=regen;3122207]I know exactly what you're saying. The whole idea sucks in that PSLs are not going to be an "investment" if you're planning on using the seats. I could opt to go down from six seats to four or five, or move over one section and pay 5K less per PSL. I know sitting where we have all these years has spoiled me, but I also feel the team is penalizing people for seniority (i.e. longtime loyalty). Just because you have good seats doesn't mean you're wealthy (I do fine, but my kids have to go to college in a few years), but that's the way the Jets are treating it. Throw in parking and the fact they will not guarantee increases in individual seat prices and it just seems like a scam. [B]A friend told me to just drop the seats entirely and buy individual seats on Stub Hub and I'm considering it.[/B]

I just don't want to be one of those people sitting in the good Yanks and Mets seats who look like idiots for having shelled out so much money.[/QUOTE]

You have to do what is reasonable for you and your family. I am not so sure that going into debt in any amount for a friggin football game is reasonable. I am serious leaning toward the ebay/stubhub option. I can do a few home games and a couple of road games and save a ton of cash. As I get older the need to go to every home game becomes less and less. Especially when it becomes a 10-12 hour ordeal every week.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;3120574]No PSLs are still the same. They said they have intention of lowering them.[/QUOTE]

Did you just forget to type in "NO" inbetween they have{ } intention of lowering them or did they tell you they actually may be lowering the PSL`s?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=petejet;3122203]99[/QUOTE]

i am 93 - i am hoping for a $5k PSl (2 tickets)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=regen;3122207]I know exactly what you're saying. The whole idea sucks in that PSLs are not going to be an "investment" if you're planning on using the seats. I could opt to go down from six seats to four or five, or move over one section and pay 5K less per PSL. I know sitting where we have all these years has spoiled me, but I also feel the team is penalizing people for seniority (i.e. longtime loyalty). Just because you have good seats doesn't mean you're wealthy (I do fine, but my kids have to go to college in a few years), but that's the way the Jets are treating it. Throw in parking and the fact they will not guarantee increases in individual seat prices and it just seems like a scam. A friend told me to just drop the seats entirely and buy individual seats on Stub Hub and I'm considering it.

I just don't want to be one of those people sitting in the good Yanks and Mets seats who look like idiots for having shelled out so much money.[/QUOTE]

its funny you say spoiled - i have sat in every level of the stadium for either football. My seats are lower corner endzone. And i love them.. I sat up in the uppers for a concert and i was like oh no this is no good.

I lucked out when i got my seats and i hope i can keep them

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote=Dcat;3122247]. The 5 and 15 year interest rates are above market. Rep says that this matches the rates the Jets are paying to finance construction. What a load of poop that is. Installment plans are fine if the rate is reasonable. In the Jets' case I think the [B]6.5% and 8% rates are f-ing outrageous[/B].[/quote]

agreed

fyi

5yr = 2.11
    10yr = 3.23
    30yr = 4.14

as we speak

[QUOTE=petejet;3122222]You have to do what is reasonable for you and your family. I am not so sure that going into debt in any amount for a friggin football game is reasonable. I am serious leaning toward the ebay/stubhub option. I can do a few home games and a couple of road games and save a ton of cash. As I get older the need to go to every home game becomes less and less. Especially when it becomes a 10-12 hour ordeal every week.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I'm conflicted over the sentimental part (from my dad to me to my kids to, hopefully, their kids) but as the provider and breadwinner I also feel i have to be responsible financially. Will I go every week, will I want to spend hours in a parking lot when I'm 60? The whole thing used to be a no-brainer- eight Sundays a year I got together with my friends and family and had a great time. But now I don't know.

I really hate Woody for putting us all in this position. The sales rep is telling me "decide now or lose 'em". That's how you reward forty plus years of loyalty? And ultimately, i have to weigh whether I'll just sit in my PSL seats feeling like a chump for having forked out or sit at home watching the game and wishing I were there. I hate this, I really do.

All of a sudden I am a popular person with them since they did not get my season ticket ck last week. i pointed out to them I was not going to fork over the cash for this season without knowing I would have uppers in the new stadium. 18 years of having them and they could not insure me I could continue without forking over a PSL due to senority. I asked them why it took so long for the Jet process based on what the Big Blew did with getting the information out....no answer. I am still getting information on the PSL program and am amazed they want $500 deposit for uppers per ticket. Must be nice to float that kind of scratch for 27,000 seats for a yr? It hasn't been as hard as I thought it was going to be giving them up to be honest.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[QUOTE=jetswin;3122256]agreed

fyi

5yr = 2.11
    10yr = 3.23
    30yr = 4.14

as we speak[/QUOTE]

5 yr. or under should be interest Free (give the folks an insentive to get it all paid off quick) 10 years should be 3.25 &15 years should be 6.50 ,those would be reasonable interest rates.

I just spoke to the ticket office in regards to a parking pass for this upcoming season. They told me to call back in a few weeks and they will know, originally they said first week in May.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mike D;3122425]I just spoke to the ticket office in regards to a parking pass for this upcoming season. They told me to call back in a few weeks and they will know, originally they said first week in May.[/QUOTE]

So now season ticket holders cannot get parking passes?

It is going to be a long few months waiting to see when I get my call and what tickets will be available..

I have my top ten list in terms of sections after a TON of consideration (the sun, bathroom access, costs, transportation, etc).

BZ

[QUOTE=petejet;3122441]So now season ticket holders cannot get parking passes?[/QUOTE]

No, I did not have a parking pass last year.

I wasn't given the option to buy one this year and they told me originally to call back May 1st. The guy today said it will take few more weeks to determine how many extra parking passes they have but it shouldn't be an issue.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Dcat;3122117]You are correct but one small correction: PSL-free uppers between the goal lines will be gone way before one month from now. Within the next week or two.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=petejet;3122182]Believe it when you see it. For many people who cannot afford the higher PSLs and cannot get into the upper bowl the 4-5K is their only option. Endzone seating is also the smallest sections. FWIW - when I get my initial call I was told I had a good chance to get into the upper bowl. Now I know that is not an option.[/QUOTE]

Correct, Pete.

Look at this map. These are all the seats that are left once you take out the Upper Deck (will be gone next week), the Club Seats (zany $400 gameday prices), and the undesireable endzones (through the goalposts). These precious few sections will be the battleground for the season ticket holders that remain, say, at the beginning of June.

By then, it'll be two choices: 1) Leave the stadium, no more season tickets, 2) realize that for a good siteline you're out $15k on a PSL or off to the endzone you go.

Out of 82,500 seats you're looking at, what, 25,000 seats in these 'affordable PSL' sections? At 3.3 seats per subscriber, that's 7,500 season ticket holders out of the 13,000 remaining after the Upper Deck is sold out battling for these decent sitelines with affordable gameday prices. It's going to be a bloodbath. Half the people forced to choose a $15k PSL or being punted from the stadium for someone who can afford it. Bloodbath.

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/jetschart2.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 05-07-2009 at 07:30 PM.

[QUOTE=BrowningNagle;3122151]so I confirmed that my call will be early next week. The rep said that the uppers were getting filled in the first 10 rows but in the cheap PSL sections (Endzones) you can practically get row 1 anywhere.

We are looking at the endzone PSL's but can't decide between the mezz and lower level. I think it would be cool to be row 1 in the lower endzone - so close to the action on our side - but the other side must suck. I think the mezz row 1 endzone would provide a better viewing experience but never sat there - anyone have experience with that? Plus the mezz seems more intimate with only 12 rows in the front mezz sections vs 40+ rows in the lower. Any thoughts on straight middle vs the corners? [B]I'll be happy to return the favor if anyone wants to know the experience in lower level goal line seats about 12 rows up. $10K area[/B].

Also parking was confirmed - 1 pass for the 1st 4 seats and option to buy an additional pass each 2 seats thereafter. When I asked why there is a limit at all when pre construction there was no limit and this lot supposedly will be bigger plus the train means theres hould be a ton of spots for everyone...no good answer.[/QUOTE]

Whats it like there? we are thinking of choosing that psl