Page 5 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 3456715551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=petejet;3122441]So now season ticket holders cannot get parking passes?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Parking breaks down thusly:

Club Seat Owners: Super-special parking adjacent to the gates.

PSL Owners: 1 pass per 4 seats owned, a 'reserved' section (think Lot 18 in the current stadium) that's sandwiched between the Club parking and the....

Non-PSL Owners: ...general parking. Out far away, no prepaid pass, first come first serve.

I was told there's going to be a ton of parking, but if you're a non-PSL regular season ticket holder, you're going to wait on line to buy a parking pass and then get shoved far, far away from the stadium.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    How's this for Teh suck?

A guy I work with has 6 family seats with some of the earliest seniority in Jetdom. In excess of 40 years. Had pretty much the pick of the stadium.

His Dad met with the Jets and requested Mezzanine Corner of the Endzone $4000 PSL with $120 gameday tickets.

Looking for front row of the Mezzanine.

Was told that the Jets are "reserving" the FIRST FOUR ROWS in each corner for corporate types.

They had to take the fifth row.

Now, if this gig is TOTALLY based on seniority as has been advertised, that is total BS.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3123134]How's this for Teh suck?

A guy I work with has 6 family seats with some of the earliest seniority in Jetdom. In excess of 40 years. Had pretty much the pick of the stadium.

His Dad met with the Jets and requested Mezzanine Corner of the Endzone $4000 PSL with $120 gameday tickets.

Looking for front row of the Mezzanine.

Was told that the Jets are "reserving" the FIRST FOUR ROWS in each corner for corporate types.

They had to take the fifth row.

Now, if this gig is TOTALLY based on seniority as has been advertised, that is total BS.[/QUOTE]

did they actually tell him that where holding them for coporate types? or did they say they where reserving them and he assumed for coporate types?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3123117]Correct, Pete.

Look at this map. These are all the seats that are left once you take out the Upper Deck (will be gone next week), the Club Seats (zany $400 gameday prices), and the undesireable endzones (through the goalposts). These precious few sections will be the battleground for the season ticket holders that remain, say, at the beginning of June.

By then, it'll be two choices: 1) Leave the stadium, no more season tickets, 2) realize that for a good siteline you're out $15k on a PSL or off to the endzone you go.

Out of 82,500 seats you're looking at, what, 25,000 seats in these 'affordable PSL' sections? At 3.3 seats per subscriber, that's 7,500 season ticket holders out of the 13,000 remaining after the Upper Deck is sold out battling for these decent sitelines with affordable gameday prices. It's going to be a bloodbath. Half the people forced to choose a $15k PSL or being punted from the stadium for someone who can afford it. Bloodbath.

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/jetschart2.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

lower corners are fine by me!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3123138]did they actually tell him that where holding them for coporate types? or did they say they where reserving them and he assumed for coporate types?[/QUOTE]

Don't recall exactly.

Does it matter? Reserved for whom?

I thought it was totally based on seniority?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3123143]Don't recall exactly.

Does it matter? Reserved for whom?

I thought it was totally based on seniority?[/QUOTE]

your right - if they are reserving seats it should be as the NFL mandates for visiting teams etc. I know in the current stadium 338 is for visiting team and 115 is for the Jets i believe.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3123150]your right - if they are reserving seats it should be as the NFL mandates for visiting teams etc. I know in the current stadium 338 is for visiting team and 115 is for the Jets i believe.[/QUOTE]

No no no. These is the BEST seats in all four of those sections--the first 4 rows.

These are not for visiting teams--those would be all in one section.

These are for VIPs.

So I guess the mantra that it's based totally on seniority it fraudulent.

All Pro
    i mean i can understand that the team wants to hold back some seatsfor VIP use. Every team in every sport does it. But it should be party of the club area, where regular joes will not be buying.

All Pro
    anyone here with senority of 88-93?

that I would have a problem with - thats BS - we are looking at those corner mezz and I was originally told that they were all in play - even the first 4 rows. But my D-day is not until Tues so they may be saying whatever until then - can we confirm the sections specifically? I assume you mean the ones right next to the club seats on each corner mezz (4 total) or is it more than that?

As for the $10K GL seats - were there for years about 15 rows up and loved it - great seat for the action coming our way but a little tough to see the opposite end. Very good location - I personally dont think its worth the $10K as moving to a corner EZ is not that big a drop off but if you have the scratch go for it!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3123253]anyone here with senority of 88-93?[/QUOTE]

:wave2:

I can also confirm the parking - club seats get prime lots - PSL reserve lots closer and non PSL park in Siberia if at all.

I know its nice to have a no PSL section but buyer beware - the JEts are clearly making a class system - the non psl section will be treated like 2nd class citizens, squeezed and eventually phased out.

So I think the entire Seniority thing is BS...My family has 14 seats since the early 1970's. My selection date is next Tuesday...

Reading this that all the Upper Prime seats are gone has me pissed no end...

How is it possible that 14 seats with early 70's isn't going to be able to even get 4 seats in the upper prime...

I have missed only about 10 home games since 1978...I am ready to tell the rep when he calls if I can't get seats I want (between the 30's in the Upper)...That they can go to hell...

BTW: I have been to 26 stadiums on the road to see the Jets play...Maybe going forward, I will do the last 6 stadiums, and pick 4 road games a year and forget about home games...

[QUOTE=Bleed Green;3123391]So I think the entire Seniority thing is BS...My family has 14 seats since the early 1970's. My selection date is next Tuesday...

How is it possible that 14 seats with early 70's isn't going to be able to even get 4 seats in the upper prime...

I have missed only about 10 home games since 1978...I am ready to tell the rep when he calls if I can't get seats I want (between the 30's in the Upper)...That they can go to hell...

BTW: I have been to 26 stadiums on the road to see the Jets play...Maybe going forward, I will do the last 6 stadiums, and pick 4 road games a year and forget about home games...[/QUOTE]

We have tickets since the Titans. Our current seats are in 111. They called us and we said we don’t want the PSL, give us the best non – PSL seats that you have. They said they would call back this week. If the prime seats are gone I’m amazed. From a seniority standpoint, they must consider the best seats the existing stadium the first row. We’re just under the overhang.

They want to move the old timers out and they’ll get their wish. I wouldn’t be surprised if we give the tickets up after a year because the whole thing just left a bad taste in our mouths. Hey, life goes on. We made the Jets a bigger part of our lives than they deserved to be, but the camaraderie among friends I admit was – priceless!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Bleed Green;3123391]So I think the entire Seniority thing is BS...My family has 14 seats since the early 1970's. My selection date is next Tuesday...

BTW: I have been to 26 stadiums on the road to see the Jets play...[B]Maybe going forward, I will do the last 6 stadiums, and pick 4 road games a year and forget about home games...[/B][/QUOTE]

Ebay/Stubhub - 3-4 home games $125/ticket

2 road games, $125/ticket + travel expenses

the rest in your local watering hole where there are large HD screens and all the wings/pitchers you want for $15-$20.

Home in 10 Minutes. Priceless

Screw Woody and his PSLs.

[QUOTE=petejet;3123588]Ebay/Stubhub - 3-4 home games $125/ticket

2 road games, $125/ticket + travel expenses

the rest in your local watering hole where there are large HD screens and all the wings/pitchers you want for $15-$20.

Home in 10 Minutes. Priceless

Screw Woody and his PSLs.[/QUOTE]

Bingo - you got it right. That sounds like a plan. I'll even through in a nice fall fishing charter for stripers and listen to the game on the radio. The best times may well be ahead of us.

[QUOTE=sec999;3123578]We have tickets since the Titans. Our current seats are in 111. They called us and we said we don’t want the PSL, give us the best non – PSL seats that you have. They said they would call back this week. If the prime seats are gone I’m amazed. From a seniority standpoint, they must consider the best seats the existing stadium the first row. We’re just under the overhang.

They want to move the old timers out and they’ll get their wish. I wouldn’t be surprised if we give the tickets up after a year because the whole thing just left a bad taste in our mouths. Hey, life goes on. We made the Jets a bigger part of our lives than they deserved to be, but the camaraderie among friends I admit was – priceless![/QUOTE]

Does this whole thing reek like Ticketmaster to anyone else? 5 minutes after tix go on sale they are "sold out" and directed to their own scalpers...

Posts of "VIP reserve rows"; no prime upper deck seats after the first few days of sales - I just dont trust this process. If enough people complain maybe the AG gets involved.

[QUOTE=Dcat;3123687]This VIP reserved stuff doesn't pass the smell test. The Jets are violating the terms of the PSL sales AFAIC by holding back choice seats from those that have been their loyal fans. It is a scam and I am more than pissed. FWIW I am going to give them a call today and send a letter with a cc to the NJ attorney general.[/QUOTE]

that would get their attention after the ticket master scam and penalty - I am fine with more senior members getting the prime seats but they can't hold back the best ones in playto give to who they deem worthy!

And if I were looking upper and the prime were sold out before my turn even came up within a week or 2 I would be suspicious as well

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=BrowningNagle;3123698]that would get their attention after the ticket master scam and penalty - I am fine with more senior members getting the prime seats [B]but they can't hold back the best ones in playto give to who they deem worthy! [/B]
    And if I were looking upper and the prime were sold out before my turn even came up within a week or 2 I would be suspicious as well[/QUOTE]

Just curious....why can't they? I agree that its a slimey, distasteful approach, but what exactly is prohibiting them from holding back seats from the sale?

Teams always have "House Seats" on hand. The Jets could theoretically offer these seats for PSLs at a later date to Woody's friends or the like. Again, distasteful and shady, but I'm not sure what part of the PSL arrangement they would be violating.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3123736]Just curious....why can't they? I agree that its a slimey, distasteful approach, but what exactly is prohibiting them from holding back seats from the sale?

Teams always have "House Seats" on hand. The Jets could theoretically offer these seats for PSLs at a later date to Woody's friends or the like. Again, distasteful and shady, but I'm not sure what part of the PSL arrangement they would be violating.[/QUOTE]

I haven't ripped apart the PSL agreement yet - but one could argue fraud in that their public advertising/promotion of the sale is a free open sale of the designated sections. It's like ticketmaster selling all the crappy seats and keeping all the good ones for themselves for resale - it is my understanding that this practice is not allowed.