Page 51 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 26367

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

[QUOTE=djaparz;3157734]Sorry what i meant to ask was do you know what low # rows in the mezz and lower endzones where still available/[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask about low rows in the lowers; however, the lowest row in the mezzanine in 206 was row 7.

All Pro
    thanks for clarifying that... my goal is to get a low row in either lower endzone or mezz endzone... Obviously if i can get row 10 mezz A or row 30 lower endzone i am going mezz

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Dcat;3157738] I can't fathom the idea of hanging lettering over anyone's seat. That would be absurd and would obstruct views of the higher rows. The Columns are a several rows from the back, so as long as you are not in the last 4 or 5 rows, they're are a non issue. IMO, the only rows worth considering are 7,8 9 or 10. Behind row 10, I would start to get that claustrophobic cave-view feeling. But the first few rows under cover always feel open. I believe that people with aisle seats towards the corners in rows 7-10 will be very happy with their choice. Nice downfield view too. They should have made Mezz B less than $4,000. Even if they were $3,000, I'll bet they would be selling well.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/poledancing.jpg[/IMG]

Oh, those signs will definitely be there. Look at the Citifield sign. Look at the Yankee Stadium sign. Large interior signs, can't be missed. If the Jets/Giants want the world's richest naming rights contract there's no place else to put them.

The poles are in and I count 5 or 6 rows towards the back of the Mezz B's that are going to feel like an auto shop lost in a cave. I'd avoid these at all costs. Better to risk a bit of weather on the head twice a season than be lost in there. You may be in Stalag 17, but they'd be in Detroit.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3157748]thanks for clarifying that... my goal is to get a low row in either lower endzone or mezz endzone... Obviously if i can get row 10 mezz A or row 30 lower endzone i am going mezz[/QUOTE]

Funny. I'm currently in Row 13 in the lower level at the Meadowlands and I'd give anything to be in Row 25 or higher. The angle is a little rough. I get a GREAT view of everything inside the 30 yard line on my side. Over the 50 yard line towards the other end I have to watch the big screen.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3157749][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/poledancing.jpg[/IMG]

Oh, those signs will definitely be there. Look at the Citifield sign. Look at the Yankee Stadium sign. Large interior signs, can't be missed. If the Jets/Giants want the world's richest naming rights contract there's no place else to put them.

The poles are in and I count 5 or 6 rows towards the back of the Mezz B's that are going to feel like an auto shop lost in a cave. I'd avoid these at all costs. Better to risk a bit of weather on the head twice a season than be lost in there. You may be in Stalag 17, but they'd be in Detroit.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I agree. And, all the covered seats of the stadium probably total what...10% of all seats at most? Most seats are out in the open, uncovered. Clubbies get to run inside the restaurant if the drizzle starts but there will be thousands of seats with $10K and $15K cover charges that are exposed to the elements.

I'm with ya on the Mezz, SAR. I think the "a" sections are where it's at for 3 reasons:

1. Respectable angle on the game if you're towards the corners in front of the jumbotrons.
    2. Low enough to see some player detail, high enough for a good "TV" perspective on the action.
    3. $4K is a major value, especially when you consider the higher-ups in Mezz. "b" are paying the same and the guys below you in Lower Endzone are paying $5K to be maybe just a little closer to the action. You're almost in the same position as the guys undercover in the Lower Endzone.

Oh, and the bonus reason...Refreshmentation. :D

[QUOTE=SAR I;3157726][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/dripdrip.jpg[/IMG]

Oh, yeah. Be careful up high in the Mezz "B"s. Water has a funny way of traveling where it wants to; if you're under one of those sign beams could be the wettest driest seat in the house.

[B]Those beams are definitely going to be an obstruction in the highest rows.[/B]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Remember, these seats are in the endzones so you are looking straight out at the field. There is no reason to have to look side to side as you would with sideline seats. Do you really think that a beam to the left or right is going to be an obstruction? I would think you are far enough back for them to not be an issue. That being said, i'd still stay away from the mezzanine "b" sections.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=fbutlercpa;3157817]Remember, these seats are in the endzones so you are looking straight out at the field. There is no reason to have to look side to side as you would with sideline seats. Do you really think that a beam to the left or right is going to be an obstruction? I would think you are far enough back for them to not be an issue. That being said, i'd still stay away from the mezzanine "b" sections.[/QUOTE]

If you look at the photo from the panorama webcam, you'll see that there are 5 or 6 rows in Mezz B behind the columns and those people will definitely have an obstruction here and there.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Dcat;3157826]By the way, from the construction photo you can see that the Mezz B section closest to the jumbotron is adjacent to the walkway/tunnel to the side of the jumbotron leading out to the concourse. No wall (yet) nor do I think there will be. Building a wall from ground to top of the B sections would be a waste of money and I think what you see there now is what you get. No "lonely" isolated feeling Scott. Those sections are quite large and should be quite loud. And I hope there are lots of empty seats in there when it rains and we sneak up :D

[/QUOTE]

Well, if they don't put up a wall, then the sound of several thousand fans cheering will swamp the mezzanine food concourses in echoed screams and make it tough to hear the beer girl. Most stadiums want a quieter environment so its easier for us to take out our wallets and pay people.

SAR I

I changed my seat from section 106, row 38 to 106, row 40. Apparently, the dripline is at row 37; however, I was told that row 38 although seemingly under cover, might not be protected from the elements, especially with the wind factor. Therefore, to be safe, when I called him back, my ticket rep. suggested I choose row 40. I just wanted to give a heads up to others.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3157653][IMG]http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/85.Concourse200_jets_0415.jpg[/IMG]

Speculation based on fact, I guess.

I currently sit in the mezzanine and its a mini-paradise up there. Very few fans, never any major lines at the concession stands. Yes, there are more taps/registers on the lower levels but there are more fans too. Far less crowded in the mezzanine.

Can I say for sure that that will be the case in the new digs? No. But in every other stadium I've ever been to, the mezzanine seems to have the best ratio of services-to-seats and the fastest egress. The geometry of the new facility at the very least puts the mezzanine fan many steps closer to the concessions and bathrooms and escalators out.

From the looks of things, the concourses aren't that deep which makes sense seeing that the top rows of all the sections touch the outer skin of the stadium. Not like Giants Stadium where the food wraps 'around' the seats. Here everything's under them.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LOL.... I am in line next to the guy in the black tank top...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;3158038]LOL.... I am in line next to the guy in the black tank top...[/QUOTE]

We need to Photoshop people into that picture. :D

[QUOTE=Dcat;3158037]good move. and you are only 3 rows back from the beginning of the overhang so you won't get that cave-like experience the way the back rows do under cover.[/QUOTE]

Right, I wanted to avoid the cave-like effect at all costs.

Question though: Initially, I could have had 131, row 40 aisle seats. I had aisles previously, and really wanted them. However, because my aisle seats would have been to the left of section 131 (towards 133), and not the right, I was worried about people going up and down the steps obstructing my view. Good or bad move--should I have taken those aisle seats? I of course can no longer get them.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/85.Concourse200_jets_0415.jpg[/IMG]

I realize this is only the mezz concourse, but is it any bigger/wider than the current one at Giants Stadium?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=darrelle09;3158056]Right, I wanted to avoid the cave-like effect at all costs.

Question though: Initially, I could have had 131, row 40 aisle seats. I had aisles previously, and really wanted them. However, because my aisle seats would have been to the left of section 131 (towards 133), and not the right, I was worried about people going up and down the steps obstructing my view. Good or bad move--should I have taken those aisle seats? I of course can no longer get them.[/QUOTE]

I think you're good. I currently have aisle seats and kinda like them too but I'm down on row 13 which somewhat limits the traffic compared to the 30 rows behind me. I think my ideal situation would be a couple of seats in from the aisle...not a lot but maybe 2 to 4 seats.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3158063]

I realize this is only the mezz concourse, but is it any bigger/wider than the current one at Giants Stadium?[/QUOTE]

It looks a bit wider, but its a heck of a lot higher and brighter. It's under the stands and right up against the outer skin of the facility.

SAR I

All Pro
    so anyone get seats today? Anyone get an email saying when they go today?

Does anyone know if the handrails between lower sections will block your view from a end of the row seat?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Jet116;3158458]Does anyone know if the handrails between lower sections will block your view from a end of the row seat?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/psldollarsatwork.jpg[/IMG]

Yes, depending on how high up upon it you are if you're on the slidelines looking sharply left/right throughout the game. So, in this photo, if you were in the last row of a handrail, on the aisle, on the 10 yard line, if the ball moved to your right you'd be looking through that rail for half the game.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3158537][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/psldollarsatwork.jpg[/IMG]

Yes, depending on how high up upon it you are if you're on the slidelines looking sharply left/right throughout the game. So, in this photo, if you were in the last row of a handrail, on the aisle, on the 10 yard line, if the ball moved to your right you'd be looking through that rail for half the game.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing when I looked at Mezzanine section 245. Basically, that little slice of pie which is separated from the E/W Club Corner seems to have a railing on the aisle. That could definitely obstruct views, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3158350]so anyone get seats today? Anyone get an email saying when they go today?[/QUOTE]

Spoke to my ticket guy, my official call is tomorrow morning. I'm looking at either Mezz corners like 206 or lower endzone corners like 106. He said there's availability but we'll discuss specifics tomorrow (like rows, proximity to the aisles, etc.)