Page 52 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 26367

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3158551]I thought the same thing when I looked at Mezzanine section 245. Basically, that little slice of pie which is separated from the E/W Club Corner seems to have a railing on the aisle. That could definitely obstruct views, right?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/ontherails.jpg[/IMG]

Every aisle in the stadium has a single double-high rail running down the center of it.

The closer you are to the aisle and the more you need to turn your head, the more the rail will be an obstruction.

Sit in the middle of a section, no rail issues. Sit facing the field straight-on (corners, end-line) and your head never turns, no rail issues. Looks like if you were in the lowest row where the rail terminates and there's a 'hole' with no rail to see through and you picked the correct side of that section vis-a-vi your head's orientation to the field you could see 'through' the rail row.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3158552]Spoke to my ticket guy, my official call is tomorrow morning. I'm looking at either Mezz corners like 206 or lower endzone corners like 106. He said there's availability but we'll discuss specifics tomorrow (like rows, proximity to the aisles, etc.)[/QUOTE]

1. Go 206. Don't be foolish. Take the mezzanine view if you've got the seniority to do it.

2. Both 206 and 106 will have no rail issues because you're facing up the field and won't have to turn your head much at all during the game.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys what is the downside of section 206 compared to 207a. The guy from the Jets said the wall in between 207a is a non-issue. Decisions decisions

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3158559]Guys what is the downside of section 206 compared to 207a. The guy from the Jets said the wall in between 207a is a non-issue. Decisions decisions[/QUOTE]

There are three primary differences between Mezz A's and standard Mezz sections:

1. You have a slightly better view, diagonally across the field. It's slightly more towards the sidelines, less in the endzone.

2. There are half as many people in the A's, meaning half as many times you have to stand up to let others out to go to the bathroom, food, etc. In fact, the first row has only 6 seats, the second row only 9. If you can get a lower seat you'll go virtually undisturbed.

3. On resale in a decade, you can advertise "the section adjacent to the Club Seats at 1/5 the PSL price and 1/4 the gameday ticket price!"

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3158557]1. Go 206. Don't be foolish. Take the mezzanine view if you've got the seniority to do it.

2. Both 206 and 106 will have no rail issues because you're facing up the field and won't have to turn your head much at all during the game.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

So Sar any Mezz "A" section would be better than any lower endzones?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3158565]So Sar any Mezz "A" section would be better than any lower endzones?[/QUOTE]

My opinion:

Definitely, mainly because of the higher elevation which is essential when looking up the field for half the game. The lower you go, the more that far endzone looks shallow and small and you're not going to see anything. The higher up you go, that far endzone deepens and widens and you can see plays develop.

There are other bonuses like quicker entrance/exit and faster getting to food/bathrooms because of 50% less fans up there.

Compare this Mezzanine view to...

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/download-1.jpg[/IMG]

....these Lower Endzone views.

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3081/3162130892_e248d6679e.jpg?v=0[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bremertonian/football/GiantsStadiumEndZone1.bmp[/IMG]

Mezzanine view, you can see the other endzone. Lower Endzone view, forget it.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3158562]There are three primary differences between Mezz A's and standard Mezz sections:

1. You have a slightly better view, diagonally across the field. It's slightly more towards the sidelines, less in the endzone.

2. There are half as many people in the A's, meaning half as many times you have to stand up to let others out to go to the bathroom, food, etc. In fact, the first row has only 6 seats, the second row only 9. If you can get a lower seat you'll go virtually undisturbed.

3. On resale in a decade, you can advertise "the section adjacent to the Club Seats at 1/5 the PSL price and 1/4 the gameday ticket price!"

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Thanks, do you think the wall is an issue by 207a?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3158592]Thanks, do you think the wall is an issue by 207a?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but only if you're sitting on top of it. You're up against the wall, literally. Your sholulder will touch concrete and there's a rail on top of it.

I'm fine with the outside of the Mezz A's, not so good on the inside.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    if one were to get seats in row 14 lowers will they feel close to the field, could they hear some hitting?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3158595]Yes, but only if you're sitting on top of it. You're up against the wall, literally. Your sholulder will touch concrete and there's a rail on top of it.

I'm fine with the outside of the Mezz A's, not so good on the inside.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Inside you mean by the goal post in the end-zone and outside by the club seating

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3158603]Inside you mean by the goal post in the end-zone and outside by the club seating[/QUOTE]

No. "Inside" I mean against the wall of the A section. "Outside" I mean the seats in the A section that are far away from the wall or are on the aisle.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3158605]I think he was inquiring about the huge piece of metal currently sticking out of the concrete wall separating 245a from the club seats. (you can see it in the daily constuction cam #1 directly across to the corner opposite the cam. Best view of the 245 corner is in the morning when the sun hits it.) I believe someone posted that this was [U]reinforcement for the cement while it cures[/U] and will be removed leaving only the 4 ft wall. Is this correct?[/QUOTE]

That was me and that's just a guess. I check that panorama for the answer to that question daily.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    , is it true they are now at 10%, can I get the 10% back?
    Last edited by Jet116; 09-20-2009 at 05:07 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet116;3158627]i paid 20% on my psl may 23, is it true they are now at 10%, can I get the 10% back?[/QUOTE]

th e10% is only for $5 & $4k tickets

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    am i crazy going for the 15k psl

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Jet116; 09-20-2009 at 05:06 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3158655]Tha metal seems to surround it like a mesh. Could be reinforcement. I have no clue. I'll ask Sergeant Shultz when he makes his rounds. But he probably knows nothing, sees nothing and hears nothing.[/QUOTE]

Those Club Seat snobs, they don't want our sons sleeping with their daughters. If they only knew that we could afford their seats if we wanted too. Oh well. Just have to make nicey with the security dude again.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3158556][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/ontherails.jpg[/IMG]

Every aisle in the stadium has a single double-high rail running down the center of it.

The closer you are to the aisle and the more you need to turn your head, the more the rail will be an obstruction.

Sit in the middle of a section, no rail issues. Sit facing the field straight-on (corners, end-line) and your head never turns, no rail issues. Looks like if you were in the lowest row where the rail terminates and there's a 'hole' with no rail to see through and you picked the correct side of that section vis-a-vi your head's orientation to the field you could see 'through' the rail row.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

My friend got tix in 224b (alchohol free), a few rows up, on the aisle of 225b. Do you think the railing will be an obstruction there, or is the section angled enough so you're looking straight? Thoughts? Thanks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen;3158684]My friend got tix in 224b (alchohol free), a few rows up, on the aisle of 225b. Do you think the railing will be an obstruction there, or is the section angled enough so you're looking straight? Thoughts? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

As the World's Foremost Authority On Stadium Obstructions, I can assure you that 224b will not be obstructed by railings. It's a straight on shot to the field. The head does not turn more than 0.5 degrees based on my lengthy, and patented, calculations.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3158686]As the World's Foremost Authority On Stadium Obstructions, I can assure you that 224b will not be obstructed by railings. It's a straight on shot to the field. The head does not turn more than 0.5 degrees based on my lengthy, and patented, calculations.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Your expert opinion is most appreciated. Thanks.