Page 53 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455631031535531053 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 26367

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3158559]Guys what is the downside of section 206 compared to 207a. The guy from the Jets said the wall in between 207a is a non-issue. Decisions decisions[/QUOTE]

206 by its nature is an "A" section because there is no B behind it, only the jumbotron. 207A is a nice little corner that has a small B area that looks to be about 5 or 6 rows deep.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet116;3158641]am i crazy going for the 15k psl[/QUOTE]

If you're right next to the Club seats and in a good row like 20-30, I think you're perfect. If you look to sell them you might have a problem though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

upper bowl

In the upper bowl, what row do you think those stadium lights will drip onto when it rains?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets340;3158772]In the upper bowl, what row do you think those stadium lights will drip onto when it rains?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/dripdeck.jpg[/IMG]

Based on my expertise as an International Man Of Dripology, I have concluded, within 99.98% certainty, that the drips will follow a pattern illustrated above. Using secret and patented geometric calculations from the vaunted School of Refreshmentism, the problem areas have been concluded to be:

* The 7th and 8th rows from the top.

* Rows 1 through 8, 2 seats wide, that sit beneath the horizontal support beams for said lights.

While I do not entirely agree with my esteemed partner, Dr. Thomas Threen, his conclusion is that at that altitude, running water will turn to vapor prior to it decending from the light tower to the seats below. He wonders if oxygen masks will be provided to the aged sitting up there and I point out, quite logically, that it's the Jets plan to have these octogenarians expire as soon as possible so the threat of electrocution is what I'd focus on. A large, plastic umbrella and an aluminum cane with tennis ball feet is the recommendation to cover both possibilities.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3158605]I believe someone posted that this was reinforcement for the cement while it cures and will be removed leaving only the 4 ft wall. Is this correct?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/dontsweattherail.jpg[/IMG]

Good news. Forgot that my beloved Interior Webcam Panorama is also a time machine. Going back to March 11 to look at the Mezz A's, here's that same one we've been studying before that component was installed. You can see clearly that every section in the stadium has a not-for-public-consumption el-cheapo rusting steel railing. Must be for the workers safety. So until that concrete slab is cured and finalized that temporary railing will stay there.

Now, that's not to say that they won't add a small railing atop the cement wall, but methinks that since no sales rep has stated it and that the architectural plans and 3D renderings do not illustrate that feature, I don't think a rail is in the cards for Stalag 17 to be seperated from the wealthy BMW-driving, Rolex wearing, beach-house owning posh fans in the Club.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets340;3158772]In the upper bowl, what row do you think those stadium lights will drip onto when it rains?[/QUOTE]

Your row.

:D j/k but it's Murphy's Law, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3158806][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/dontsweattherail.jpg[/IMG]

Good news. Forgot that my beloved Interior Webcam Panorama is also a time machine. Going back to March 11 to look at the Mezz A's, here's that same one we've been studying before that component was installed. You can see clearly that every section in the stadium has a not-for-public-consumption el-cheapo rusting steel railing. Must be for the workers safety. So until that concrete slab is cured and finalized that temporary railing will stay there.

Now, that's not to say that they won't add a small railing atop the cement wall, but methinks that since no sales rep has stated it and that the architectural plans and 3D renderings do not illustrate that feature, [B]I don't think a rail is in the cards for Stalag 17 to be seperated from the wealthy BMW-driving, Rolex wearing, beach-house owning posh fans in the Club[/B].

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Cool. So I'll basically be able to reach over that little wall and steal a $400 Woody buffalo wing right out of your Rolex-wearing hand? ;)

PS - I'm still slightly worried about that little wall. I'm shooting for a "slice" corner like 207, 220, 232, 245 but I'm still concerned their may be an obstruction even though the 3D viewer makes it seem completely unobtrusive here...

[IMG]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/5803/207ajets.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by jetstream23; 06-17-2009 at 11:34 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3158819]This is what was available for 4 seats together in those sections last Friday morning:

207a - Row 15 (last row) seats 3-6 (3 seats off the aisle)
    220a - none
    232a - Row 13, seats 8-11 (near the wall)
    245a - Row 11, seats 9-12 (on the aisle across from 246) TAKEN :D

If you are looking for 2 or even 3, there might be better. Anyone looking for 3 could be in luck because in a row with an odd number of seats, if there are 3 seats left, they won't sell to someone who only wants a pair. They will wait for the person who wants 3. No way do they want single left over seats in any PSL section.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff, Dcat. Man, if it came down to it I might have to add a seat and go with 3 to get a specific row. I hadn't thought about that. That kinda throws a wrench in the works.

Question - If you are in Row 11 on the aisle next to 246 are you at all worried that the railing on the steps will obstruct your view at all if you're looking left into the near endzone opposite corner?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 06-18-2009 at 01:55 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3158552]Spoke to my ticket guy, my official call is tomorrow morning. I'm looking at either Mezz corners like 206 or lower endzone corners like 106. He said there's availability but we'll discuss specifics tomorrow (like rows, proximity to the aisles, etc.)[/QUOTE]

What is your year?

BZ

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3158793][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/dripdeck.jpg[/IMG]

Based on my expertise as an International Man Of Dripology, I have concluded, within 99.98% certainty, that the drips will follow a pattern illustrated above. Using secret and patented geometric calculations from the vaunted School of Refreshmentism, the problem areas have been concluded to be:

* The 7th and 8th rows from the top.

* Rows 1 through 8, 2 seats wide, that sit beneath the horizontal support beams for said lights.

While I do not entirely agree with my esteemed partner, Dr. Thomas Threen, his conclusion is that at that altitude, running water will turn to vapor prior to it decending from the light tower to the seats below. He wonders if oxygen masks will be provided to the aged sitting up there and I point out, quite logically, that it's the Jets plan to have these octogenarians expire as soon as possible so the threat of electrocution is what I'd focus on. A large, plastic umbrella and an aluminum cane with tennis ball feet is the recommendation to cover both possibilities.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I am always impressed with the detailed answers you provide. Thanks for the insight. I am 11 rows from to top, which looks like I am safe from the dreaded dripline.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone for 1993 get the email yet for the PSL date?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all your help guys got section 207a row 15 2 seats from the isle, yes SAR the other side from the wall.

GO Jets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

section 207 a row 15?

I thought 207a only went to row 13? is that correct? thanks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tinsink91;3158912]I thought 207a only went to row 13? is that correct? thanks[/QUOTE]

No the agent told me it goes up to 15, we are in the last row of 207a.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3158919]nope. not at all. Do you honestly think that they designed a $1.6 billion dollar stadium with obstructed views for thousands of seats on the aisles throughout the stadium due to stairway handrails? Please...

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/greenhanzo/245a.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Quote:
    Originally Posted by [B]Dcat[/B] [URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3158819#post3158819"][IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/images_greenish/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    [I]This is what was available for 4 seats together in those sections last Friday morning:

207a - [B]Row 15 (last row) seats 3-6 [/B](3 seats off the aisle)[/I]
    [I] [/I]
    [I]Those are the ones I got but just seat 3&4
    [/I]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3158924]Quote:
    Originally Posted by [B]Dcat[/B] [URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3158819#post3158819"][IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/images_greenish/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    [I]This is what was available for 4 seats together in those sections last Friday morning:

207a - [B]Row 15 (last row) seats 3-6 [/B](3 seats off the aisle)[/I]
    [I] [/I]
    [I]Those are the ones I got but just seat 3&4
    [/I][/QUOTE]

you just may be sitting next to jetstream23. I sincerely hope that if you do, you only address each other by your JI handles.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks

decisions decisions

sunny side end zone mezzanine?
    shady side corner a section mezzanine?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3158927]you just may be sitting next to jetstream23. I sincerely hope that if you do, you only address each other by your JI handles.[/QUOTE]

We will meet at the airport

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3158936]the shade is where plays are made. :D

personally, I like the shady side in September and October. I have sat on the sunny side on hot days feeling like I was going to melt, just counting the minutes until the earth turned enough that I would finally be in the shade. I don't like the glare of the sun directly in my eyes. The shady side is the same side as the TV view. It faces the Jets bench. I would rather see the Jets bench straight on than from behind. In the winter it is a bit colder for sure but you are so bundled up anyway does it really matter?[/QUOTE]

That's the logic right there.

There is no upside to sun in the winter. There is only downside to sun in the summer.

You get a fractional, if that, increase in warmth in sunshine in December when you're bundled up anyway. You just burn to death in the sun in September. You can always put on another layer in the winter, can't strip naked and cover yourself in aloe vera in the summer.

Besides, if you look at how many 1pm home games we've had in December its next to nothing. We're always looking at that 4pm rainy/icy Broncos game year in, year out.

Sunny side = bad.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I ordered my seats one disturbing situation is the parking. Parking might be sold by lot number. What really sucks if I park in my lot say "lot 12" and my buddies have parking in "lot 18" I will not be able to park next to them even though we have been tailgating for years