Page 819 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819820821829869919 ... LastLast
Results 16,361 to 16,380 of 26367

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mullet87;3634057]after many, many phone calls and emails and back and forths, we too took the plunge and upgraded to LGL - ozu's seats i believe. section 134 row 22, 4 off the aisle. Thanks for the heads up on what was available. we emailed our rep immediately and got confirmation today that they are ours. so now, anyone looking to upgrade to touchdown corner, our former seats were in sec. 133, row 9, aisle. when we first got these seats we were excited, but after my tour of the stadium i was concerned about 1)being so close to the field and losing downfield view, and 2) being right next to the lower tunnel, and constantly having to ask people to hurry up or down so that we can see the field. Row 22 solves both of those problems. Also, the photos from the open practice helped us make up our minds that we definitely had to move. the views from LGL section are awesome! Have to thank Christie for hooking us up. also. thanks to this forum for all of the advice and insights. Please adjust the spreadsheet accordingly.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to section 134!

I have the same concern with my seats in row 11 but I dont think there is anything on the aisle left in either LGL or LSL sections so I am staying put with my seats. Unless someone has a lead for me for seats on the aisle in any of the LGL or LSL (visitor) sections?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BOOMER118;3634118]MY BROTHER IS HAVING TROUBLE POSTING!!! IT IS SAYING THAT HE MAY NOT POST REPLIES!!! CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!![/QUOTE]

DOES HE HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT? I CAN SOLVE HIS PROBLEM FOR $50.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3634106]116 Row 33 5 seats from 15K PSL[/QUOTE]

We should each be fooled into thinking that we have the best seats in the stadium. Except me.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3634126]Is he logged in?[/QUOTE]

I am logged in under my brother's name.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    great read... thanks for posting. I never read saw this.

[QUOTE=Mike247;3634101]
    Heinlein, the principal architect of 360 Architecture, said his design blends the best of 21st-century amenities with the ancient ambience of the Colosseum in Rome. [B]His structure will not duplicate what he says are mistakes in stadiums in Pittsburgh, Indianapolis and Dallas. "We have lost our way," Heinlein said of football stadium design. He said architects try to put too many people up too high on the sidelines and have abandoned end-zone grandstands to allow views of city skylines.[/B]

That concept works for ballparks, Heinlein said, because baseball is a leisurely summer sport in which fans "get up, they mosey around." But [B]football, he said, "is a gladiator sport" better presented when a big crowd surrounds the rectangular field.[/B]

[B]When sound cannot escape, he said, it is a home-field advantage. "You create intimidation," Heinlein said. "You lose a tremendous amount of energy inside the stadium when you open almost the entire end zone up."[/B]

He cited Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, where one end zone is almost entirely void of seats. "I think they will regret doing that over time," Heinlein said[/QUOTE].

awesome points which back what I have said all along about the fully wrapping stadium vs. crappy open ended designs like Gillette

[QUOTE]Another problem of modern stadium design, Heinlein said, is that extra decks accommodate more luxury boxes at low levels. To keep upper decks as close to the field, he said, architects compromise the sightlines of the lower decks.

That makes it harder for people to see over those in front of them. "The rake of the lower bowl is sometimes decreased slightly so that they can keep the upper deck where they want it and be able to put as much premium product in the middle section," Heinlein said. [B]The new Meadowlands stadium, he said, will have "a very steep lower bowl."[/B] Heinlein said he had spent most of his career designing arenas for basketball and hockey, and that some of those newer buildings had already been renovated.[/QUOTE]

and this is why the lower level at NMS is the best place to watch a game. I noticed how steep it was the first time I went in. So much for the "standing on toppy-toes all game to see over people in front of you" argument.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BOOMER118;3634143]I am logged in under my brother's name.[/QUOTE]

Log out (on top) & log in under your name

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3634144]

and this is why the lower level at NMS is the best place to watch a game. I noticed how steep it was the first time I went in. So much for the "standing on toppy-toes all game to see over people in front of you" argument.[/QUOTE]

not starting a debate, just honestly asking a question. Wouldnt the last rows of the LL EZ be almost exactly the same as the first 5 rows of Mezz A? doesnt Mezz A hangover? I know this may not be the case on the Sidelines but def in the EZ?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3634138]DOES HE HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT? I CAN SOLVE HIS PROBLEM FOR $50.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    HEY! You have been so helpful in this whole process. Whether I agree or disagree with you, you always bring humor and sarcasm to almost every conversation. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3634147]Log out (on top) & log in under your name[/QUOTE]

OK. What should I do next? Thank you for your help. BTW you have great seats (116). We are in 110. Sunnyside 110.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3634139]We should each be fooled into thinking that we have the best seats in the stadium. Except me.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

It is cool we both feel that way, hopefully the other 82,498 do also.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BOOMER118;3634150]OK. What should I do next? Thank you for your help. BTW you have great seats (116). We are in 110. Sunnyside 110.[/QUOTE]

After you log your brother out [B]relogin. Top left[/B]. Almost wound up in your section. I wanted as high and as close to 15k seats without the isle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]We should each be fooled into thinking that we have the best seats in the stadium. Except me.[/QUOTE]

No need for us LSL and LGL ticket owners to make up fictitious issues about other sections and long winded explanations why our seats are the best... pictures do the job on their own ;)

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2rxikx0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2cxxnw1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/o8z9cl.jpg[/IMG]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3633929]Yes, because I knew that Row 1 Mezz A corner seats would be gone. So [B]since I was going to have to look through other fans' heads anyway[/B], the thought was that I might as well move down to the LL in a high row as that would be the best seat I could get.

Once I got the Day 1 seniority and realized that I might be able to get Row 1's, that was the decision. Literally, I was on the phone with the rep and if he said that I couldn't get Row 1, I'd have gone for those LGL last rows. Wasn't about the money. Fortunately the call came 10 minutes into the process and he had the Mezz A Row 1's on the shady side and that was that. I've been in Row 1 Mezz seats since 2001 and it was very hard to let them go even if I was 20 yards into the corner. [B]I like dictating whether others stand up or not, don't like having no choice in the matter[/B]. Once you're used to Business Class on flights it's very hard to settle back into Coach.

Again, very high row LGL's and LSL's are great seats. They cost more and they are simply better. That never was an argument. However, if others are going to point out the downsides of Mezz A's then they're going to hear the downsides of LGL's and LSL's too. Every seat has its issues.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Are you really that short or do you just not like standing up at games? (joking) :D I'm not the tallest person in the world, but I've never had a problem seeing the field during those times when people are standing and usually I'm standing before the person in front of me. Maybe I've just been lucky and/or annoying the people behind me.

The reason I remembered your initial choice in the LGL was because that was my original choice before this process started. When I read your post way back then I thought we were competing for the same seats.

Your seats are great (originally I was right across the aisle from you), however my specifc circumstances just brought me downstairs. You are right that every seat has it's issues...but have no fear. I checked and that backbrace company will give you the Lower Level group discount. It's definitely going to be a strain on your lower back reaching way down to the floor to get your drink :P

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3634159]No need for us LSL and LGL ticket owners to make up fictitious issues about other sections and long winded explanations why our seats are the best... pictures do the job on their own ;)

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/o8z9cl.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

A picture is worth a thousand words:). Can't wait to watch a football game in them.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3634157]After you log your brother out [B]relogin. Top left[/B]. Almost wound up in your section. I wanted as high and as close to 15k seats without the isle.[/QUOTE]
    I just tried to login on top left of page. Still not working. It is saying I may NOT post. Once again thanks for your help.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BOOMER118;3634167]I just tried to login on top left of page. Still not working. It is saying I may NOT post. Once again thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

Sorry not sure maybe e-mail one of the mods

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3634159]No need for us LSL and LGL ticket owners to make up fictitious issues about other sections and long winded explanations why our seats are the best... pictures do the job on their own ;)

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/o8z9cl.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

who the hell wants these crappy views ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fbutlercpa;3633523]You'd have to prove there was a legitimate business purpose for the expense. (meaning you generated, or had the potential to generate, revenue as a result of the entertainment expense) Remember too, that you can only deduct 50% of it...and I'd be weary of taking business deductions for entertainment with clients with the same last name as myself...of course, all of this only matters if the return is audited...not suggesting anything, just saying ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I think I might actually be able to write off at least a few games a year then. If you're ever in need any software/web development info, just let me know.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenLantern;3633941]+1

Just being there is a plus for me. The tailgating, atmosphere at the game, is more enjoyable than waiting on my couch, to watch the game, lol[/QUOTE]

For sure. When I told my son last year we were leaving the house at 830 for the 1pm game, he said "why so late"? If we don't do a postgame tailgate they get irked at me!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=buickrob;3634049]You can see the corner of the endzone is definitely closer in the GS pic for sure. Splitting hairs I guess but at row 8 in GS it just looks closer than row 1 of NMS.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing - NMS pushed back a bit for sure.

Still an excellent view for a game, IMO.