Page 3 of 1319 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Tickets Info (merged)

[QUOTE=SAR I;3121671]"I told you so."

SAR I[/QUOTE]

???

On a side note, got this today.......

The New York Jets would like to thank you for your recent payment of your Season Ticket Account.

Your tickets will be mailed to you via regular US Postal Mail in late July.

Thank you for your continued support of the New York Jets.

We look forward to seeing you at the games, Go Jets!

1 Jets Drive| Florham Park, New Jersey 07932 | Phone:(973) 549-4600 | Fax (973) 549-4610

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=regen;3121301]

Has anyone but me wondered if they'll feel like a total chump for letting Woody get away with sticking it to us loyal fans, if you'll feel stupid just sitting there knowing you paid all that money (whatever the amount may be)?

I got some thinking to do tonight.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/hotdogbeer.jpg[/IMG]

No need to think. Do the math. Take the PSL number, divide it by the 30 years you'll be enjoying the games with your family and friends.

It'll be less than $50 a game. Beer and a couple of hot dogs, that's all. Don't stress over it. It's inevitable. You're not giving your seats up. Nope. You love the team too much and they love you too.

SAR I

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3121672]"We're sorry, but all the $5000 PSL's are sold out. We do have a few of the $10000 PSL's and $15000 PSL's available. Would you like a 15 year financing plan?"

SAR I[/QUOTE]

If they dropped the deposit down to 10% for the $10,000 then i would really consider it... But right now i want 5,000 then 4,000.00

When I spoke to my lovely PSL rep she advised me I should be able to get a $4-$5k PSL. I don't think many people want/like to sit in the endzones.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3121701]When I spoke to my lovely PSL rep she advised me I should be able to get a $4-$5k PSL. I don't think many people want/like to sit in the endzones.[/QUOTE]

what is your senority?

2008, only my second year with tickets. Was on that waiting list for a long time.

[QUOTE=djaparz;3121513]why can't you pick from lower PSL sections??[/QUOTE]

I could, but I guess after forty plus years of having great seats, I'm spoiled. My dad took me as a kid and after he passed away, I took over the seats. Now I take my two teenage boys and I hope one day to take their kids.

It just kills me that forty plus years of loyally paying and going to games is being repaid by Woody's greed. I feel I'm being penalized cause my dad had the foresight to buy the seats in '62. Is that wrong?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=regen;3121910]I could, but I guess after forty plus years of having great seats, I'm spoiled. My dad took me as a kid and after he passed away, I took over the seats. Now I take my two teenage boys and I hope one day to take their kids.

It just kills me that forty plus years of loyally paying and going to games is being repaid by Woody's greed. I feel I'm being penalized cause my dad had the foresight to buy the seats in '62. Is that wrong?[/QUOTE]

Oh ok i t hought the rep told you that you where only able to buy in seat locations that are in the same area as you sit now, but its actually your preference. I can undertsand what your saying. Its a tradition you a your dad shared and now you and your kids. I am willing to pay the PSLs (no more than $10,000.00 and that is really pushing it) but i still feel like the perks of a PSl to the seat holder is nothing. My tickets still increased in price, i still need to buy a parking pass, etc. Basically i am paying to have the right to pay for something that i have purchased every year with out even thinking twice about it for 17 years.

Got my call yesterday afternoon. I wanted the first 4 Rows closest to the 50. I have 2 seats. The best was 341, Row 3. Based on the seat simulator on the website it appears 341 is aprrox b/t 10-20 (prob a little wider span than that). I am in 332, Row 6 right now and love my seats. They're on the 40. So I have 1977 and had to sacrifice a little. I'm not complaining, just letting you know those 1st 4 Rows will be gone fast.
    What I didn't like was the explanation that [B][COLOR="Red"]"the NFL and the team holds back seats in Sec 338 & 339 / 313 & 314"[/COLOR][/B]. I think that's ridicoulous.
    I believe there are 25 seats per Row so that is important info. Could be the difference between 10 yards left or right.
    Plus was told Row 6 in new Stadium = Top Row of current stadium, Thats huuuuggggge.
    If you want med to high PSL, should have no problem. Thanks guys....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mike D;3121534]This thread should be stickied and continously updated through the summer. No reason for every poster to start a new thread. Can't wait for my call in August, I'll probably no before then whether the $4-$5k psl's are all sold out (hoping not).[/QUOTE]

Good point. It should be stickied. What year is your seniority? I was hoping for 4K but I am not holding my breath.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=djaparz;3121691]If they dropped the deposit down to 10% for the $10,000 then i would really consider it... But right now i want 5,000 then 4,000.00[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. The difference on a 10% deposit between a $10k PSL and a $5k PSL is $500. Is that the big obstacle?

Credit card, baby. Charge it and pay it down over a few months.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=regen;3121910]
    It just kills me that forty plus years of loyally paying and going to games is being repaid by Woody's greed. I feel I'm being penalized cause my dad had the foresight to buy the seats in '62. Is that wrong?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's wrong. You need to look at it this way:

The new PSL math is the way it should have been since 1995, when PSL's started to dominate in the NFL. In the nation's largest market, you [I]should [/I]have been paying $50 more per ticket anyway. Being able to have great seats on the 50 yard line for $75 a seat (on average) for the past 14 years is a bargain. What you're about to pay just [I]makes up [/I]for that great deal. Add up the last 14 years and the next 14 years and over that 28 year period you're still paying less than, say, a Ravens fan or a Redskins fan has in that time. Ravens fans have PSL's to deal with, Redskins fans have high ticket prices. Jets fans have had none of this.

It's all about perspective. You can rationalize the $50 vig per seat away very easily. It's very justifiable.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=regen;3121910]I could, but I guess after forty plus years of having great seats, I'm spoiled. My dad took me as a kid and after he passed away, I took over the seats. Now I take my two teenage boys and I hope one day to take their kids.

It just kills me that forty plus years of loyally paying and going to games is being repaid by Woody's greed. I feel I'm being penalized cause my dad had the foresight to buy the seats in '62. [B] Is that wrong?[/B][/QUOTE]

Not to derail this topic, but IMO, yes, you are wrong. You are actually in the best situation of anyone, precisely on account of your dad buying tickets in 62'. The Jets are giving you the option of keeping your tickets where they are now and paying the inflated price, or moving practically anywhere in the Stadium and having first choice at the best seats in any price range. In contrast, Giant fans don't have that option. If you (or your family) had Giant tix dating back to the Polo Grounds and have been sitting in Sect 131 since the opening of Giant Stadium, you were basically relegated to buying Club Seats. If you didn't want those, you basically went to the back of the line and got the scraps. The Jets treated folks like you (i.e. long time STHs) like royalty - relatively speaking, of course.

For those who have had great seats for years and years and now are being forced to make a tough decision, I empathize with you, but I don't necessarily feel bad for you. In every other sport, the best seats cost exponentially more than the ordinary seats. The Jets and the Giants are just joining the pack a lot later.

Do PSLs suck? Of course they do. But within the levels of suckdom, you at least have the highest priority. Little consolation when you have to write that check, but at least you have a choice, and its basically your pick of the litter.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Mike D;3121701]When I spoke to my lovely PSL rep she advised me I should be able to get a $4-$5k PSL. I don't think many people want/like to sit in the endzones.[/QUOTE]

Nope. They're only 3 days into the process, contacting old-timers with 1977 seniority.

A month from now, all the good PSL-free uppers will be gone, then the seats will disappear in order of PSL price, low to high. The $4k endzones, then the $5k, etc. etc.

SAR I

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3122098]I'm confused. The difference on a 10% deposit between a $10k PSL and a $5k PSL is $500. Is that the big obstacle?

Credit card, baby. Charge it and pay it down over a few months.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

2 tickets at $10k is 4,000.00 down at 20% down - they won't do 10% on anything above the $5k.

I don't have a credit card with 4k on it... if they move the 10k seat to a 10% depsoit then if i have to i will get those

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=djaparz;3122114]2 tickets at $10k is 4,000.00 down at 20% down - they won't do 10% on anything above the $5k.

I don't have a credit card with 4k on it... if they move the 10k seat to a 10% depsoit then if i have to i will get those[/QUOTE]

Ah, sorry. Misunderstood the situation. If you have multiple credit cards, you can split it between them. Also, requesting a credit limit increase may not be too difficult for that reasonable amount; worth a phone call to your CC company perhaps.

Let us know what you decide.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I just don't understand the Jets, they are offering reduced down payments only on cheaper PSL's, they are holding a big piece of good seats for the league and themselves...it just doesn't seem right.

so I confirmed that my call will be early next week. The rep said that the uppers were getting filled in the first 10 rows but in the cheap PSL sections (Endzones) you can practically get row 1 anywhere.

We are looking at the endzone PSL's but can't decide between the mezz and lower level. I think it would be cool to be row 1 in the lower endzone - so close to the action on our side - but the other side must suck. I think the mezz row 1 endzone would provide a better viewing experience but never sat there - anyone have experience with that? Plus the mezz seems more intimate with only 12 rows in the front mezz sections vs 40+ rows in the lower. Any thoughts on straight middle vs the corners? I'll be happy to return the favor if anyone wants to know the experience in lower level goal line seats about 12 rows up. $10K area.

Also parking was confirmed - 1 pass for the 1st 4 seats and option to buy an additional pass each 2 seats thereafter. When I asked why there is a limit at all when pre construction there was no limit and this lot supposedly will be bigger plus the train means theres hould be a ton of spots for everyone...no good answer.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BrowningNagle;3122151]so I confirmed that my call will be early next week. The rep said that the uppers were getting filled in the first 10 rows but in the cheap PSL sections (Endzones) you can practically get row 1 anywhere.

We are looking at the endzone PSL's but can't decide between the mezz and lower level. I think it would be cool to be row 1 in the lower endzone - so close to the action on our side - but the other side must suck. I think the mezz row 1 endzone would provide a better viewing experience but never sat there - anyone have experience with that? Plus the mezz seems more intimate with only 12 rows in the front mezz sections vs 40+ rows in the lower. Any thoughts on straight middle vs the corners? I'll be happy to return the favor if anyone wants to know the experience in lower level goal line seats about 12 rows up. $10K area.

Also parking was confirmed - 1 pass for the 1st 4 seats and option to buy an additional pass each 2 seats thereafter. When I asked why there is a limit at all when pre construction there was no limit and this lot supposedly will be bigger plus the train means theres hould be a ton of spots for everyone...no good answer.[/QUOTE]

so parking passes are free for the 1st 4 tickets of PSL?
    I sit lower endzone corner. I have also sat in mezz corner once and also lower endzone middle - the corners are pretty cool.. .the higher the better, also middle the goal post cross bar gets in the way of some rows.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=SAR I;3122110]Nope. They're only 3 days into the process, contacting old-timers with 1977 seniority.

A month from now, all the good PSL-free uppers will be gone, then the seats will disappear in order of PSL price, low to high. The $4k endzones, then the $5k, etc. etc.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I happen to think you are wrong about that. I am on the waitlist and I am willing to bet a relatively small amount of money that I will have the opportunity to purchase a PSL of $5k.