Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72

Thread: Starting to watch a lot of soccer (no homo)

  1. #41
    I was the coach pitcher for my daughters 6U softball team. Some of the 'fans' (parents) hurled some very hurtful insults at me! It was horrible!

    I actually enjoyed watching Rocker pitch-that psycho brought out more emotion from the fans than any player I can remember in a long time (and I was a Mets fan)...too bad he turned out to be such a doosh.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,143
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    haha, he did. If you don't remember what happened with Rocker, being from Europea and all, here's a breakdown of the controversy from wikipedia:
    Wow, he really did have it coming. I think he hates NY even more than Jason Taylor.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post

    I actually enjoyed watching Rocker pitch-that psycho brought out more emotion from the fans than any player I can remember in a long time (and I was a Mets fan)...too bad he turned out to be such a doosh.
    Remember how he used to sprint at full speed from the bullpen to the mound? The dude was nuts.

  4. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    in Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing...
    I wonder if this guy even knows where Beirut is. The idiot

    Copenhagen and Frick yo'reright in that the English, us and the Greeks bring a weeee bit more crazy to the table than the others but really not that much. At least not for us anyways

    That fight in Copenhagen was really over the top even by our standards.

    But you know there are still Galatasaray fans who go the Parken stadium as something like a pilgrimage. Edit: Not because of the fight because that cup was and ans still is the greatest accomplishment in Turkish club soccer history.
    Last edited by The Turk; 05-14-2009 at 05:38 AM.

  5. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbia NJ
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I wonder if this guy even knows where Beirut is. The idiot

    Copenhagen and Frick yo'reright in that the English, us and the Greeks bring a weeee bit more crazy to the table than the others but really not that much. At least not for us anyways

    That fight in Copenhagen was really over the top even by our standards.

    But you know there are still Galatasaray fans who go the Parken stadium as something like a pilgrimage.
    Here's my proof of how american soccer fans are no where near that level...

    3 craziest things ive seen at a NY red bulls game....

    1. these guys had these little smoke bombs, they dropped them under the seats and they must have been smoke bombs from the dollar store, b/c they didnt cover half the stands.. they were sh**

    2. this was kind of wild... after one game, there was a huge group of people with flags and drums singing like crazy in the walkway at jets stadium (yeah i said it)... and people were moshing like crazy. saw a few dudes get clocked in the face, the whole bit.

    3. one time a friend of mine wore this childrens sized super man costume to the game (he is close to 275 pounds)... and was crowd surfing in the entire section, until security decided to step in..

    besides that and a few quarels here and there, thats about it... besides the one section of fans that sit behind the goal (fan club called the Empire Soccer Supporters)... most of the fans are parents with their children who are taking their kids out for a cheap ticket game.... and until there's some craziness in the stadiums, and more passion for the sport.. soccer will remain a second level sport in the USA. it will never pass NFL, but i wish it would get better.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Remember how he used to sprint at full speed from the bullpen to the mound? The dude was nuts.
    I was looking for some vids of Johnny making his entrance, but can't find any. I guess MLB would just rather let that chapter just go away.

    During the search, I came across Johnny Boy's website. http://www.johnrocker.net/ Guess he's trying to clean up his image-sort of? The pic with the kitten is my favorite. lol--can't be serious.

    Then, just when you thing the guy might, and I mean might, be trying to turn the page, he gets bumped from a hotel bar he snuck into in Atlanta for being an ass.

    http://www.ajc.com/printedition/cont.../buzz0124.html

  7. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbia NJ
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    I was looking for some vids of Johnny making his entrance, but can't find any. I guess MLB would just rather let that chapter just go away.

    During the search, I came across Johnny Boy's website. http://www.johnrocker.net/ Guess he's trying to clean up his image-sort of? The pic with the kitten is my favorite. lol--can't be serious.

    Then, just when you thing the guy might, and I mean might, be trying to turn the page, he gets bumped from a hotel bar he snuck into in Atlanta for being an ass.

    http://www.ajc.com/printedition/cont.../buzz0124.html
    LOL he is part of the "speak english campaign"

    classic

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    I was looking for some vids of Johnny making his entrance, but can't find any. I guess MLB would just rather let that chapter just go away.

    During the search, I came across Johnny Boy's website. http://www.johnrocker.net/ Guess he's trying to clean up his image-sort of? The pic with the kitten is my favorite. lol--can't be serious.

    Then, just when you thing the guy might, and I mean might, be trying to turn the page, he gets bumped from a hotel bar he snuck into in Atlanta for being an ass.

    http://www.ajc.com/printedition/cont.../buzz0124.html
    He looks even more like a steroid-addled freak now.

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Materazzi is an idiot...

    This is from 2 years ago:

    Ambrosini is holding up the sign after Inter won the Scudetto and Milan won the CL. It says "Inter thake the Scudetto and shove it up your ass"

    and this one from Gattuso says "I haven't won this cup in 42 years"


    this is that idiot Materazzi's answer



    Ambrosini I still have plenty of room left in my ass
    wtf

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,143
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Materazzi is an idiot...

    This is from 2 years ago:

    Ambrosini is holding up the sign after Inter won the Scudetto and Milan won the CL. It says "Inter thake the Scudetto and shove it up your ass"

    and this one from Gattuso says "I haven't won this cup in 42 years"


    this is that idiot Materazzi's answer



    Ambrosini I still have plenty of room left in my ass
    wtf
    I told you: gay





  11. #51
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,885
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    I was looking for some vids of Johnny making his entrance, but can't find any. I guess MLB would just rather let that chapter just go away.

    During the search, I came across Johnny Boy's website. http://www.johnrocker.net/ Guess he's trying to clean up his image-sort of? The pic with the kitten is my favorite. lol--can't be serious.

    Then, just when you thing the guy might, and I mean might, be trying to turn the page, he gets bumped from a hotel bar he snuck into in Atlanta for being an ass.

    http://www.ajc.com/printedition/cont.../buzz0124.html
    Wow. That guy is a piece of work. I'm shocked that none of his latino and black teammates have ever just taken him out back and kicked his ass.

    Anyone read his page with the article on Hurricane Katrina?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Materazzi is an idiot...

    This is from 2 years ago:

    Ambrosini is holding up the sign after Inter won the Scudetto and Milan won the CL. It says "Inter thake the Scudetto and shove it up your ass"

    and this one from Gattuso says "I haven't won this cup in 42 years"


    this is that idiot Materazzi's answer



    Ambrosini I still have plenty of room left in my ass
    wtf

    LOL, dumbass. That's great. Inter sucks.

  13. #53
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,143
    SBIII, did you start a thread and leave again?

    I feel violated.

  14. #54
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,681
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    I was the coach pitcher for my daughters 6U softball team. Some of the 'fans' (parents) hurled some very hurtful insults at me! It was horrible!

    I actually enjoyed watching Rocker pitch-that psycho brought out more emotion from the fans than any player I can remember in a long time (and I was a Mets fan)...too bad he turned out to be such a doosh.
    I guess we're pu$$ycats down here. My daughter plays 12U and in the 7 years she's played ball, I haven't seen that happen! Now I have seen umps eject coaches and parents for being too abrasive towards them but that's not as surprising.

    Oh and Turk, you're right, it is nutz over there! You can keep it over there too!

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I guess we're pu$$ycats down here. My daughter plays 12U and in the 7 years she's played ball, I haven't seen that happen! Now I have seen umps eject coaches and parents for being too abrasive towards them but that's not as surprising.
    :
    Down here? This was in the 'burbs of Atlanta, but my experience wasn't that bad. I embellished a little

    There have actually been a couple instances of police being called to escort parents/umps from the field: Parents for being unruly and refusing to leave after the umps ran them, and umps because they were afraid of some of the fans after the game. It was in another age bracket, (boys 10U I believe), but it happened locally.

    A few weeks ago, there was an ump that walked out in the middle of a little league game because the coaches/fans from the 2 teams were unbearable.

    It's really not that common, but to happen at all is disgraceful. I feel terrible for the parents kids as they have to be completely embarrassed.

    I don't believe I'll ever figure out how something like kids sports has such an effect on adults. It must really be an empty and sad life for this to mean so much to them.

  16. #56
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,681
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Down here? This was in the 'burbs of Atlanta, but my experience wasn't that bad. I embellished a little

    I don't believe I'll ever figure out how something like kids sports has such an effect on adults. It must really be an empty and sad life for this to mean so much to them.
    -Sorry, I ASSumed you were up nawth.
    -It's called living your life thru your child. Some people just get caught up in it.

    I've always told my daughter:

    1) I'm not doing your work for you, if you have a problem with your coach, YOU need to handle it, not me. I'll give advice, but I believe this to be a learning experience.

    2) When you feel it isn't fun anymore, feel free to stop (once your commitment to that season is over).

    Youth athletics is a great learning experience. Independence, assertiveness, loyalty, commitment, comradery to name a few, are the lifelong benefits they reap. Of course I realize I'm preaching to the choir!

    Btw, FF2 was a fastpitch parent too.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    -Sorry, I ASSumed you were up nawth.
    -It's called living your life thru your child. Some people just get caught up in it.

    I've always told my daughter:

    1) I'm not doing your work for you, if you have a problem with your coach, YOU need to handle it, not me. I'll give advice, but I believe this to be a learning experience.

    2) When you feel it isn't fun anymore, feel free to stop (once your commitment to that season is over).

    Youth athletics is a great learning experience. Independence, assertiveness, loyalty, commitment, comradery to name a few, are the lifelong benefits they reap. Of course I realize I'm preaching to the choir!

    Btw, FF2 was a fastpitch parent too.
    Don't sweat it. I'm a damn yankee transplant 3 years ago. (Most in the area seem to be transplants).

    Agreed on all counts. Truer words have never been spoken.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,443
    I think I made my choice.

    Chelsea.

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    I think I made my choice.

    Chelsea.
    BOOOOO!!!!

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    I think I made my choice.

    Chelsea.
    Oh God, no. That's an awful choice.

    Chelsea is owned by a Russian mafia boss. Everyone hates Chelsea. I would suggest Fulham, Newcastle, Liverpool, or Tottenham.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 05-19-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us