Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: RUMOR RIGHT NOW BUT it might happen NFL has purchased the Arena Football League

  1. #1

    RUMOR RIGHT NOW BUT it might happen NFL has purchased the Arena Football League

    I was told in a meeting last night that the AFL has been bought 100% by the NFL
    They would like to have each AFL team afilliated with an NFL eventually placing an AFL team under each NFL team but not having more AFL than NFL teams.

    The NFL thinks they can link sponsorship/advertisers and TV deals together to cover both leagues. It would only take a small percentage to be transferred to the AFL. No other company that had shown interset in the AFL can match the money and power of the NFL deal.

    They are trying to work out the details before officially releasing the deal. Yeah, I know, at one point Platinum Equity had also agreed to a $100 million deal and backed out.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,241
    If this is true, I think it would be awesome. I think Arena football is pretty cool, with the kind of resources the NFL has, it could be really cool.

  3. #3
    ZoMG!1!!! This news tops the Jets drafting Mark Sanchez by far.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,304
    PSL's of $20.19 sounds about right.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbia NJ
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    PSL's of $20.19 sounds about right.

  6. #6
    If true this is a great idea!!! A true minor league for NFL teams. Each team can use their AFL team for development purposes.

    For example you can send the basketball player turned TE Bullock to the AFL or some OL for seasoning/experience...

    I know it's not exactly like the NFL game but it's still better than no development league at all

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by readyforthedraft View Post
    I was told in a meeting last night that the AFL has been bought 100% by the NFL
    They would like to have each AFL team afilliated with an NFL eventually placing an AFL team under each NFL team but not having more AFL than NFL teams.

    The NFL thinks they can link sponsorship/advertisers and TV deals together to cover both leagues. It would only take a small percentage to be transferred to the AFL. No other company that had shown interset in the AFL can match the money and power of the NFL deal.

    They are trying to work out the details before officially releasing the deal. Yeah, I know, at one point Platinum Equity had also agreed to a $100 million deal and backed out.



    That would be great! No... that would be freaking awesome!

  8. #8
    is the european football league still in existence?

    cuz it is/was affiliated with the NFL.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by vin777b View Post
    is the european football league still in existence?

    cuz it is/was affiliated with the NFL.



    Yeah but with NFLE, there were no direct affiliations, this is exactly what the NFL needs right now and it would put a damper on the competition too with these fledgling leagues that are about to start.

  10. #10
    1 jet and 1 giant are part owners of the dragons

    so who gets the dragons

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by readyforthedraft View Post
    I was told in a meeting last night that the AFL has been bought 100% by the NFL
    They would like to have each AFL team afilliated with an NFL eventually placing an AFL team under each NFL team but not having more AFL than NFL teams.

    The NFL thinks they can link sponsorship/advertisers and TV deals together to cover both leagues. It would only take a small percentage to be transferred to the AFL. No other company that had shown interset in the AFL can match the money and power of the NFL deal.

    They are trying to work out the details before officially releasing the deal. Yeah, I know, at one point Platinum Equity had also agreed to a $100 million deal and backed out.
    And what meeting was this?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    And what meeting was this?
    i did not write that i should of said that

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by readyforthedraft View Post
    i did not write that i should of said that
    Oh? Ok. Got it.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    so does that mean the dragons move from LI?

  15. #15
    Lets Go Hart-ford (clap clap clapclapclap)
    Lets Go Hart-ford (clap clap clapclapclap)

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbia NJ
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by readyforthedraft View Post
    1 jet and 1 giant are part owners of the dragons

    so who gets the dragons
    lol, tough call...

    id say the NFL, if the plan is to buy the AFL, gives each player equal money for the team, and then its under the NFL's control to assign them to a team??? not sure how well that would work. if the NFL are in control of the AFL then they can control, at first, who gets what team.

    that being said, i think its a great idea to do this.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,924
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJoe View Post
    Lets Go Hart-ford (clap clap clapclapclap)
    Lets Go Hart-ford (clap clap clapclapclap)
    hartford????

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lindenhurst NY
    Posts
    1,917
    This would be pretty cool if its true... What "meeting" are u referring to?

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Riverside, Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by vin777b View Post
    is the european football league still in existence?

    cuz it is/was affiliated with the NFL.
    NO. NFL Europe/NFL Europa disbanded before the start of last season. The revenue wasn't there, to support that many teams in Europe. It ended up being a developmental league for the NFL where MANY players benefited. Some guys need some time to make a transition from College to the NFL. An NFL Developmental League would help BOTH the NFLPA due to the fact that they could increase their membership and strength as well as helping the NFL with revenue, and also the quality of NFL players and the product that gets put onto the field. Just think, how many players in MLB that had spent time in the minor leagues to hone their skills have become quality players at the major league level? Too many NOT to have a developmental league for the NFL.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern 80 View Post
    NO. NFL Europe/NFL Europa disbanded before the start of last season. The revenue wasn't there, to support that many teams in Europe. It ended up being a developmental league for the NFL where MANY players benefited. Some guys need some time to make a transition from College to the NFL. An NFL Developmental League would help BOTH the NFLPA due to the fact that they could increase their membership and strength as well as helping the NFL with revenue, and also the quality of NFL players and the product that gets put onto the field. Just think, how many players in MLB that had spent time in the minor leagues to hone their skills have become quality players at the major league level? Too many NOT to have a developmental league for the NFL.

    thank you for the word. I definitely get your point.

    the only possible con/matter i see in this is: Is the arena league a legitmate form of football? The NCAA, NFLE, USFL, and even the CFL, is/was football.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us