Thread: Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Veteran

Ronaldo to Real Madrid

I have heard rumors for a long time about christiano ronaldo heading to real madrid, but all rumors i have heard have kind of been washed away, until today....

watching the news here in australia i heard that ronaldo will be headed to real madrid after this season, for a sum of 143 MILLION dollars. im not sure if that is aussie money or what, and i dont know what cut of it goes to ronaldo, or if there is anyone else involved in this deal... it was very brief on the news.. if anyone has a link, or has heard this before, please post...

IMO i feel that its a bad move for ronaldo, although money like that would make anyone move from one of the greatest teams at the moment...

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd be surprised if any of these rumors are true until the season is over.

MU still has the Premiership and CL to think about. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Real though

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I'd be surprised if any of these rumors are true until the season is over.

MU still has the Premiership and CL to think about. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Real though
    same, MU has a lot of talent in the club, and for what i know about RM, they arent as well off as MU... I think it would be a stupid move soccer-wise myself, but the money they were talking about on the news would be hard to turn down... Im with you though. id be surprised if he leaves.

Wow! Real seems to be kicking up alot of dust. This article claims Real has just struck a deal with Frank Ribery from Bayern....I thought Frank was on record as saying the only team he'd go play for was Barcelona?

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/22...d-offer-report

Somebody fill me in here, but word I get is that Real is infamous for stirring the pot this way.

Then again, reports earlier this week had Man U ponying up some large money to try to get Frank-possibly to replace Ronaldo if he's out?...maybe there will be some shuffling going on...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Wow! Real seems to be kicking up alot of dust. This article claims Real has just struck a deal with Frank Ribery from Bayern....I thought Frank was on record as saying the only team he'd go play for was Barcelona?

Somebody fill me in here, but word I get is that Real is infamous for stirring the pot this way.

Then again, reports earlier this week had Man U ponying up some large money to try to get Frank-possibly to replace Ronaldo if he's out?...maybe there will be some shuffling going on...

If I’m not mistaken there’s a vote this offseason for the Presidency.

One candidate, can’t remember who, is publicly campaigning with Zidane as his ‘consultant’. In Spain, the socios (fans) are a sort of shareholder, and they vote for the President. Zidane is yapping all over the place that Ribery would be great for Real. Considering there’s a chance Bayern may miss the CL, I’m guessing there’s a very good chance Ribery goes to Real, especially if Zidane is part of the Head Office.

In any case, after the 6-2 spanking, Real is in for an overhaul and will make a splash.

JMO

He supports Real though so it wouldn't be to suprising if he was to go. As long as the summer isn't dominated again by will he/won't he leave stories then I'll be happy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    If Iím not mistaken thereís a vote this offseason for the Presidency.

One candidate, canít remember who, is publicly campaigning with Zidane as his Ďconsultantí. In Spain, the socios (fans) are a sort of shareholder, and they vote for the President. Zidane is yapping all over the place that Ribery would be great for Real. Considering thereís a chance Bayern may miss the CL, Iím guessing thereís a very good chance Ribery goes to Real, especially if Zidane is part of the Head Office.

In any case, after the 6-2 spanking, Real is in for an overhaul and will make a splash.

JMO
    His name was Florentino Peres if I remember correctly.

He was the guy who put together the first batch of "Galacticos" in the early part of this decade. Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham etc.

If he wins I think it's a sure thing Ronaldo, Ribery and maybe even Kaka will be playing for Real next year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post

now that you mention ribery, i heard that MU also put an offer in for the midfielder... and it was like the largest offer in history for a midfielder??? im not positive the numbers or waht, but again it probably was another rumor... damn media confusing the hell out of us!

That was Man City with the largest ever offer in jauary, 100M (either Euros or Pounds) for Kaka, the scariest part was they were going to pay the full amount immediately in cash which is unheard of at top level football these days.

Election years in Spain always stir up a lot, with Perez running again its fairly safe to say there will be at least 1 big signing by Real over the summer.