View Poll Results: Which will happen first?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zombie Apocalypse

7 29.17%
  • War of teh Machinez

9 37.50%
  • It doesn't matter -- Mark Sanchez will save us regardless

8 33.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zombie Apocalypse or War of teh Machines??

[QUOTE=SDJETS;3142061]I spend a lot of time thinking about this. Actually, i only think about the impending Zombie Apocalypse, because let's be honest, its not a matter of if but when. I already have my ideal escape route to the most perfect zombie defense stronghold imaginable where I could easily wait it all out.

But I do think its important to point out, before the gun conversation gets too far, that a gun is decidedly NOT your best choice for zombie killing. What you really want is a medium-length metal spear, one end sharp, the other blunt (it could really be anything on either end, but one needs to be sharp to stab with and the other blunt to swing with. And it needs to be medium length to give you separation from the vermin without becoming cumbersome and difficult to wield). That way, no ammo issues, no jamming etc. Just you hacking away. Of course, having some sort of gun or flamethrower is good in case you run into a whole lot of zombies, but if properly prepared, that shouldn't really happen...

All I know is that unlike in the movies, if I even hear so much as an unconfirmed report of the dead rising or people eating each other, I am kicking into full survivalist mode :yes:

[/QUOTE]

you make a valid point with the spear, but at some point you're gonna have to shoot your way out. like you said, the spear is no good if you're under attack from multiple zombies, and if the movies have taught us one thing, it's that the undead like to roam in bunches.

i do like the spear as a defense weapon if you're well-entrenched in your anti-zombie fortress. maybe have some specially designed holes in the wall just to poke 'dem bastards :D

bump for Freestater

:)

Rule 1: Cardio: Fat people die first.

Rule 2: Beware of bathrooms: They'll get you when you're most vulnerable.

Rule 3: Seatbelts: Sh!t's about to get hectic, buckle up.

Rule 4: Doubletap: Carrying a gun is a great idea but it should never be your primary weapon. When you do end up using it for that last minute 'oh ****' moment remember to double tap. Its an emergency and thats why your using it.

Rule 5: No attachments: Finally, an excuse to leave your wife behind.

Rule 6: Travel in a group: After you leave the wife, meet up with strangers. If things go south, shoot a few of them in the leg and run faster than the one's you didn't shoot.

Rule 7: Keep the dumb dumbs close at hand: The lower the IQ the more likely they get eaten first. You may not even have to waste bullets like in the scenario involved with 'Rule 6'.

Rule 8: Kill with efficiency: Use weapons that are convenient and you can swing over and over again. You don't tend to run into 1 Zombie at a time.

Rule 9: Guns are for hunting, not for Zombie killing: Baseball bats don't run out of bullets. You should always have a gun but only use it when you're pinned in a corner.

Rule 10: Be quiet: Its the end of the world as you know it so try to avoid squeeling like a 4th grade school girl and perhaps invest in some good sneakers. Nobody said you have to kill all the zombies and there is certainly no shame in sneaking around and surviving versus tearing around like a madman and ending up being an undead Happy Meal.

Rule 15: Know your way out: Nothing is worse than a poorly planned escape.

Rule 17: Don't be a hero: If Timmy needs saving, let it go. Better him than you.

Rule 18: Limber up: You don't really want to be fleeing a pack of hungry undead only to pull a hammy.

Rule 19: Blend in: When's the last time you saw a Zombie try to eat another Zombie :i_dont_kn

Rule 20: Find the right shelter: Hint - A stationary shelter is not a good idea.

Rule 21: Zombie's can't climb: Let me clarify, they can't scale a wall. Don't leave the fuggin ladder down.

Rule 22: Be ruthless: Killing loved ones it tough but not if they plan to devour your intestines.

Rule 23: God bless Rednecks: Brash, less intelligent and well armed. Provide them with Coor's light and limited ammunition. Slip away as they slowly run out of bullets and it should give you ample time to remove yourself from the situation.

Rule 24: No drinking: Unless of course you want to meet the same fate as 'Buck' from 'Rule 23'.

Rule 31: Check the backseat: No exceptions.

Rule 32: Enjoy the little things: Twinkies, looting, speeding, vandelism, etc. Enjoy them, you probably won't live much longer.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3518653]Rule 1: Cardio: Fat people die first.

Rule 2: Beware of bathrooms: They'll get you when you're most vulnerable.

Rule 3: Seatbelts: Sh!t's about to get hectic, buckle up.

Rule 4: Doubletap: Carrying a gun is a great idea but it should never be your primary weapon. When you do end up using it for that last minute 'oh ****' moment remember to double tap. Its an emergency and thats why your using it.

Rule 5: No attachments: Finally, an excuse to leave your wife behind.

Rule 6: Travel in a group: After you leave the wife, meet up with strangers. If things go south, shoot a few of them in the leg and run faster than the one's you didn't shoot.

Rule 7: Keep the dumb dumbs close at hand: The lower the IQ the more likely they get eaten first. You may not even have to waste bullets like in the scenario involved with 'Rule 6'.

Rule 8: Kill with efficiency: Use weapons that are convenient and you can swing over and over again. You don't tend to run into 1 Zombie at a time.

Rule 9: Guns are for hunting, not for Zombie killing: Baseball bats don't run out of bullets. You should always have a gun but only use it when you're pinned in a corner.

Rule 10: Be quiet: Its the end of the world as you know it so try to avoid squeeling like a 4th grade school girl and perhaps invest in some good sneakers. Nobody said you have to kill all the zombies and there is certainly no shame in sneaking around and surviving versus tearing around like a madman and ending up being an undead Happy Meal.

Rule 15: Know your way out: Nothing is worse than a poorly planned escape.

Rule 17: Don't be a hero: If Timmy needs saving, let it go. Better him than you.

Rule 18: Limber up: You don't really want to be fleeing a pack of hungry undead only to pull a hammy.

Rule 19: Blend in: When's the last time you saw a Zombie try to eat another Zombie :i_dont_kn

Rule 20: Find the right shelter: Hint - A stationary shelter is not a good idea.

Rule 21: Zombie's can't climb: Let me clarify, they can't scale a wall. Don't leave the fuggin ladder down.

Rule 22: Be ruthless: Killing loved ones it tough but not if they plan to devour your intestines.

Rule 23: God bless Rednecks: Brash, less intelligent and well armed. Provide them with Coor's light and limited ammunition. Slip away as they slowly run out of bullets and it should give you ample time to remove yourself from the situation.

Rule 24: No drinking: Unless of course you want to meet the same fate as 'Buck' from 'Rule 23'.

Rule 31: Check the backseat: No exceptions.

Rule 32: Enjoy the little things: Twinkies, looting, speeding, vandelism, etc. Enjoy them, you probably won't live much longer.[/QUOTE]

I feel my life skills and survival rate were increased 10 fold

Thank$ Revi$

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3518597]bump for Freestater

:)[/QUOTE]

I like pot. :)

I think we can take a lesson from history. A good stout thick-bladed shortsword can be very effective in the anti-Zombie future. The Zombie cannot efficiently eat your brains without arms or legs, and a good shortsword cuts through teh undead like buttah.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/71/Uncrossed_gladius.jpg/300px-Uncrossed_gladius.jpg[/IMG]

Honestly, one wouldn't go wrong with a nice stout shield either. Zombies have trouble crawing through metal:

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Scutum_1.jpg/220px-Scutum_1.jpg[/IMG]

It's the Roman Legion re-enacters who will inevitably survive the Zombie Apocalype. Simple, brutal weapons and protection.

Hell, suit of armor wouldn't hurt either, given how many are Zombified via bite wound. Hard to bite through reinforced rolled tungsten carbide chainmail suits, *****es!
    Last edited by Warfish; 03-08-2010 at 12:14 PM.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3518706]I think we can take a lesson from history. A good stout thick-bladed shortsword can be very effective in the anti-Zombie future. The Zombie cannot efficiently eat your brains without arms or legs, and a good shortsword cuts through teh undead like buttah.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/71/Uncrossed_gladius.jpg/300px-Uncrossed_gladius.jpg[/IMG]

Honestly, one wouldn't go wrong with a nice stout shield either. Zombies have trouble crawing through metal:

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Scutum_1.jpg/220px-Scutum_1.jpg[/IMG]

It's the Roman Legion re-enacters who will inevitably survive the Zombie Apocalype. Simple, brutal weapons and protection.

Hell, suit of armor wouldn't hurt either, given how many are Zombified via bite wound. Hard to bite through reinforced rolled tungsten carbide chainmail suits, *****es![/QUOTE]

two words -- **** YEAH!!!

[IMG]http://jakemcmillan.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/gladiator25.jpg[/IMG]

it's no coincidence that Gladiator is my favorite movie -- zombie survival training at its best :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    zombie apocalypse might have a tough time getting off the ground...

[url]http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html[/url]

BTW, I think this thread is one that is OK to thread-necro. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd rather roll with the katana myself, lighter, less likely to tire you out if backed into a corner - like that one from Kill Bill...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3520205]two words -- **** YEAH!!!

[IMG]http://jakemcmillan.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/gladiator25.jpg[/IMG]

[B]it's no coincidence that Gladiator is my favorite movie[/B] -- zombie survival training at its best :yes:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/03/15/graves500__1268652487_6054/539w.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3691387]I'd rather roll with the katana myself, lighter, less likely to tire you out if backed into a corner - like that one from Kill Bill...[/QUOTE]

A machete in each hand would prolly work, too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Chinese Butterfly swords: great for close-in fighting, sturdy, can be used for decapitation or stabbing.

After 100 years of war the humans will have finally fought off the ravages of wars vs both zombies and killer machines.

Then a comet will hit the earth.....

The Jets will be kneeling down to run out the clock being up by 10 points in the super bowl when the comet hits.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3694659]

The Jets will be kneeling down to run out the clock being up by 10 points in the super bowl when the comet hits.[/QUOTE]

Do we get the win? I don't know the rules for that. Where's doggin? :D

Veteran
    I think Rex is a hampurite, and he drafted the...ehm... "FB" [I][SIZE=1]wink-wink[/SIZE]....[/I] from Kentucky juuuuust in case...

Next year we draft either Robert Neville "TE" OSU, or Kenneth (no last name) "DT" from Iowa.

[QUOTE=Dr. Zaiuss;3130396]Lets be honest gentlemen, its going to be the primates... led by teh Mark Sanchez.

Just the thought of my people, led by Mark Sanchez and his greasy, yet curly, locks of JET black hair makes my thighs quiver like its prom night.[/QUOTE]

Saiyonara

[QUOTE=The Turk;3694781]I think Rex is a hampurite, and he drafted the...ehm... "FB" [I][SIZE=1]wink-wink[/SIZE]....[/I] from Kentucky juuuuust in case...

Next year we draft either Robert Neville "TE" OSU, or Kenneth (no last name) "DT" from Iowa.[/QUOTE]

you might be on to something.

it looks as though we'll need John Conner to save our asses sooner rather than later:

"[I]Here's a new way of looking at oil spill clean-up: Forget the big ships, massive work crews and hefty price tags.

Instead, [B]just deploy an [SIZE="5"][U]army[/U] of autonomous[/SIZE], oil-scrubbing [SIZE="5"]robots.[/SIZE][/B] They can find the oil on their own. And when they reach the site of an oil spill, [B][SIZE="5"]they talk to their robot friends[/SIZE][/B] to figure out the best way to get the whole thing mopped up.[/I]"

[url]http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/innovation/08/26/mit.oil.robot/index.html?hpt=T2#fbid=iE6lsfCexVo&wom=false[/url]

WLF are these nerds thinking?? why would they build something like this?? :eek:

we're so ****ed :shakehead

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1310788/The-real-2001-Scientists-teach-robots-trick-humans.html[/url]

[QUOTE][B][SIZE="3"]The real 2001: Scientists teach robots how to trick humans[/SIZE][/B]

By Niall Firth
    Last updated at 1:31 PM on 10th September 2010

It sounds like something straight out of Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey.

But, in a chilling echo of the computer Hal from the iconic film, scientists have developed robots that are able to deceive humans and even hide from their enemies.

An experiment by researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology is believed to be the first detailed examination of robot deception.

The team developed computer algorithms that would let a robot ‘decide’ whether it should deceive a human or another robot and gave it strategies to give it the best chance of not being found out.

The development may alarm those who are concerned that robots who are able to practice deception are not safe to work with humans.

But researchers say that robots that are capable of deception will be valuable in the future, particularly when used in the military.

Robots on the battlefield with the power of deception will be able to successfully hide and mislead the enemy to keep themselves and valuable information safe.

‘Most social robots will probably rarely use deception, but it's still an important tool in the robot's interactive arsenal because robots that recognise the need for deception have advantages in terms of outcome compared to robots that do not recognise the need for deception,’ said the study's co-author, Alan Wagner, a research engineer at the Georgia Tech Research Institute.
    [/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    That certainly sounds like a robot chick would be able to promise me sex after an expensive dinner, and then not deliver. :(

[QUOTE=quantum;3725746]That certainly sounds like a robot chick would be able to promise me sex after an expensive dinner, and then not deliver. :([/QUOTE]

lolz.

so those chicks who turned me down in college were all Cocktease Robots designed to deceive me??

yeah, that makes perfect sense.