Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transactions Thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Citeh have snagged Tevez and Adebayor. Madrid are still trying to poach Alonso from us, but they won't get much change out of 35 million pounds if they succeed. We have our eyes on at least one midfielder from Serie A as a replacement...

United have closed the cheque book - even Slur Alex recognises the insanity around this off-season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Citeh have snagged Tevez and Adebayor. Madrid are still trying to poach Alonso from us, but they won't get much change out of 35 million pounds if they succeed. We have our eyes on at least one midfielder from Serie A as a replacement...

United have closed the cheque book - even Slur Alex recognises the insanity around this off-season.
    The money being thrown around is insane. It's as if Madrid set the market. Now teams are asking for ridiculous money for players, and gettingit.

Lyon just bought Bastos 18 M€. Don't worry if you've never heard of him, he's a random dude..

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

So that means Adebayor won't be signed by Milan, thank God.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Ribery has officially started a war with Bayern to leave.

He said for the first time wednesday: "I want to leave. It's Real or nothing". To which Rummennigge said "well then it's nothing"

And yesterday he left practice at midday, skipping the afternoon session because of a blister

Ugh.. this could get ugly but in the end he'll be in Madrid..
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...F8720D5D4343D7

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has threatened to take legal action against FIFPro as Manchester United and Chelsea target Franck Ribery's plot to quit the German giants took another twist.
    The game's global union for professional players revealed they intend to support the want-away France international's bid to engineer an exit from the Allianz Arena this summer, with a host of elite European suitors vying for the winger's services.
    Real Madrid lead the chase for the £60million-rated 26-year-old and Bayern are braced for Ribery to exploit a FIFA loophole as they desperately seek to hold onto him.

'Everything has a limit and with the stance FIFPro has taken, they have gone overboard,' Rummenigge told Munich-based German daily TZ.

'By releasing an official notice, FIFPro are inviting players to break their contracts, and this is simply madness.
    'What football needs now is stability and not players breaking their commitments. We will examine our legal possibilities and we will ask, if the time comes, for indemnification. FIFPro have exceeded their limits.'
    In light of FIFPro's support, it is understood that Ribery is contemplating Article 17 of FIFA regulations - commonly known as the Webster rule - which states that any player aged between 23 and 28 is permitted to walk away from his club, provided that he has served a minimum of three years of a four or five-year contract.

Ribery is free invoke the clause this season, enters his third year of a five-year deal at Bayern.
    But Rummenigge is assured the player does not want to leave amid fears the club would stand to lose over £40million on the player, who could depart for as little as £14million in compensation fees.
    'We are calm, since we know that Ribery will remain with us. He is not forcing a departure,' he added.
    'We are against this [FIFPro] opinion, which is something that does not correspond to Ribery’s character'
    Rummenigge was also quick to dismiss the notion that the star was feigning an injury as part of his plan to hatch an escape, insisting the former Marseille man is behaving perfectly normal despite constant speculation surrounding his future.
    He said: 'I must make one thing very clear. Franck is currently injured. He is not faking the injury nor is he a problematic player.
    'He is behaving in the correct manner. The fact that he is worried about the offer from Real Madrid is perfectly normal
    .'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmP...eature=related

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...F8720D5D4343D7

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has threatened to take legal action against FIFPro as Manchester United and Chelsea target Franck Ribery's plot to quit the German giants took another twist.
    The game's global union for professional players revealed they intend to support the want-away France international's bid to engineer an exit from the Allianz Arena this summer, with a host of elite European suitors vying for the winger's services.
    Real Madrid lead the chase for the £60million-rated 26-year-old and Bayern are braced for Ribery to exploit a FIFA loophole as they desperately seek to hold onto him.

'Everything has a limit and with the stance FIFPro has taken, they have gone overboard,' Rummenigge told Munich-based German daily TZ.

'By releasing an official notice, FIFPro are inviting players to break their contracts, and this is simply madness.
    'What football needs now is stability and not players breaking their commitments. We will examine our legal possibilities and we will ask, if the time comes, for indemnification. FIFPro have exceeded their limits.'
    In light of FIFPro's support, it is understood that Ribery is contemplating Article 17 of FIFA regulations - commonly known as the Webster rule - which states that any player aged between 23 and 28 is permitted to walk away from his club, provided that he has served a minimum of three years of a four or five-year contract.

Ribery is free invoke the clause this season, enters his third year of a five-year deal at Bayern.
    But Rummenigge is assured the player does not want to leave amid fears the club would stand to lose over £40million on the player, who could depart for as little as £14million in compensation fees.
    'We are calm, since we know that Ribery will remain with us. He is not forcing a departure,' he added.
    'We are against this [FIFPro] opinion, which is something that does not correspond to Ribery’s character'
    Rummenigge was also quick to dismiss the notion that the star was feigning an injury as part of his plan to hatch an escape, insisting the former Marseille man is behaving perfectly normal despite constant speculation surrounding his future.
    He said: 'I must make one thing very clear. Franck is currently injured. He is not faking the injury nor is he a problematic player.
    'He is behaving in the correct manner. The fact that he is worried about the offer from Real Madrid is perfectly normal
    .'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmP...eature=related
    For Bayern, this is all about saving face now and getting the most € possible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Yeah, someone should tell Rummenige how the little bastid left town when he had an offer from Marseille. We woke up one day and saw our winger with a Marseille shirt on. God I hate that little ****e!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Yeah, someone should tell Rummenige how the little bastid left town when he had an offer from Marseille. We woke up one day and saw our winger with a Marseille shirt on. God I hate that little ****e!
    Forgot about that. Guess he's a regular at this.

BTW Ribery and Zidane have the same agent...follow the money.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sven-Goran Eriksson confirmed as director of football at Notts County

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...n-notts-county

Talk about fall from grace. I never tought much of this guy but league two?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    City's spree was bound be an opportunity for some teams and we just became one of those teams:

We signed Elano from city for 7 mio €. I wasn't that familiar with him but I see that he's played 35 times for the Seleçao, so how bad can he be?

Anyone remember watching him play?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    City's spree was bound be an opportunity for some teams and we just became one of those teams:

We signed Elano from city for 7 mio €. I wasn't that familiar with him but I see that he's played 35 times for the Seleçao, so how bad can he be?

Anyone remember watching him play?
    Technically will carve up in Turkey - but a bit of a loose nut in the dressing room. Look for him to do something individually amazing in a game but his teammates to yawn about it because he seems to only care about himself. This element will really only become more obvious in the second half of the season. He did do some amazing things for City in certain games - especially when he wasn't crowded out by 3 or 4 defensive players as I saw in certain games.

He plays (or has played) in an attacking role for the Brazil national team, so he is a freak with the ball at feet; for Gala it is a bit of a coup to pick such a player up. Gala have had a great off-season - though last year it seemed to me their problems were more defensive than offensive, especially in terms of depth.

At this stage I would be putting money on Gala to win Super Lig next season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah - to add to the previous post - bit of a 'pay cheque' player, though one with supreme talent. Won't be shedding blood for the shirt, but when he's on is capable of doing amazing things. Wouldn't mind betting he'll get sent off at various times this season as opposition coaches will work out that they'll have to keep a lid on him, and the only way to do that is to be overtly physical. And he will retaliate.

However, at 8 mill pounds a bit of a steal if you ask me - reason he hasn't been picked up in Spain or England is the concerns I've talked about on this thread.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gala have had a great off-season - though last year it seemed to me their problems were more defensive than offensive, especially in terms of depth.

At this stage I would be putting money on Gala to win Super Lig next season.

spot on on both counts, I'm curious when and how did you watch our matches BD?

Defensively our only pickup is Gokhan Zan, who IMO is a good signing but not really the kind of centre back we needed. He plays for the national team (you may remember him from the Euros he's the big tall really really ugly mofo

he's a good strong centre back but he can't get the ball up to the midfield, now we have two centre backs and a left back over 6 feet tall and on the slow side which may expose us at the back to teams with pace up front.

I hear we're trying to sign Lucas Neil, I like him but I really would prefer a faster right back.

But our biggest signing is Rijkaard, he energized the fan base, hell I bought a season ticket for the first time in 3 years, like we needed more energizing

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    spot on on both counts, I'm curious when and how did you watch our matches BD?

Defensively our only pickup is Gokhan Zan, who IMO is a good signing but not really the kind of centre back we needed. He plays for the national team (you may remember him from the Euros he's the big tall really really ugly mofo

he's a good strong centre back but he can't get the ball up to the midfield, now we have two centre backs and a left back over 6 feet tall and on the slow side which may expose us at the back to teams with pace up front.

I hear we're trying to sign Lucas Neil, I like him but I really would prefer a faster right back.

But our biggest signing is Rijkaard, he energized the fan base, hell I bought a season ticket for the first time in 3 years, like we needed more energizing
    I've seen some UEFA Cup games in which Gala featured and also highlights of some league games because Kewell was playing (they do a regular feature down here on one of the channels of how Australian players are fairing overseas). There is also a Gala fan who posts regularly on a Liverpool forum I frequent; he posts highlights of games etc.

Rijkaard isn't known for his defensive prowess as a manager - you will need to make more defensive signings before the season starts without a doubt.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Alonso now gone as I said: that replacement from Serie A is now pencilled in, however we have our eye on another defensive mid as well (notice I don't mention names for obvious reasons - ie these deals fall through at the last minute for the most bizarre of reasons etc).

With Alonso's departure we are significantly weakened judging from his form from last season. Our manager's prowess will be to the forefront for us if we are to go anywhere in the league in the coming season.

To my mind, Cheatsea are now the favourites for the Premier League in season 09/10.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The new rumor is that Altidore is going to Hull for £6.5 Million

His tweets say he's certainly going to England.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-Altidore.html

.... And with that, I know have 5,000 posts on this site. I'd like to thank all the people that made this possible. The soccer board, and those who played Mafia last summer, and everyone else along the way

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    The new rumor is that Altidore is going to Hull for £6.5 Million

His tweets say he's certainly going to England.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-Altidore.html

.... And with that, I know have 5,000 posts on this site. I'd like to thank all the people that made this possible. The soccer board, and those who played Mafia last summer, and everyone else along the way
    Nice one, mate. Speaks a little of what you do with your spare time. (!! - says me with the number of posts I have on here and the over 5000 I have on a Liverpool dedicated website)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talk about mouth watering:

First match: 29 November...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talk about mouth watering:

First match: 29 November...
    Yep.