Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transactions Thread

Veteran

Transactions Thread

So i was talking to a friend from home who was watching FSC (fox soccer channel)... He said that he heard news of Barcelona going after Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and that Zlatan is keen to get a deal to go out there. I have read that Eto'o is on his way out of Barca, and Ibrohimavic is the target for replacement.

I also heard that Tevez is on his way out of MU, and there are "controversial negotiations" going on.

As per a previous thread, Christiano Ronaldo rumored to go to Real Madrid..

I have to run to class now but if anyone has any links etc about these and more, maybe we can get a little transaction thread going... seems like a lot of contracts are coming to an end in international soccer...

Veteran
    The local reports here are:

Our coach will be Berndt Schuster (ex-getafe, ex-real madrid) next season, and our goalie will be Leo Franco from Atletico Madrid.

Arda looks to be on his way out to Bayern to replace Ribery. And Mehmet Topal is rumored to have agreed to terms with Everton.

RD, Le Guen is rumored to have agreed to a deal with the sewerbirds, you heard anything over there? I'd love to see Kezman's face the moment he heard of that news And why did L'OM not renew with Gerets?

A lot of other coaches will also move around in the summer; Van Gaal will be coaching at Bayern and Felix Magath will be at Schalke, Ancelotti will probably go to Chelsea or Real, Juve will certainly have a new coach, and if Ancelotti leaves so will Milan. Spaletti probably will go to one of those two and then Roma will be looking for a coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Kezman has been the very definition of BUST. The coach hates him, teammates hate him and the fans hate him. Good riddance.

As for Le Guen, for the life of me, I'll never understand how the f*ck they make decisions in that place. The team sucked the past 2 years and they stuck by their man, which I thought was great. Now, we fighting for 3rd place with 3 games to go (which was a pipe dream at the begining of the year, and they're letting him go?? : Whatever...

As for Gerets, he left for $$$ of Saudi Arabia or something. Deschamps has signed, which is an awesome move for Marseille IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cannavaro has signed with Juve for next year.

It will be interesting to see how he's greeted by fans since he left when they went down to Serie B.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Cannavaro has signed with Juve for next year.

It will be interesting to see how he's greeted by fans since he left when they went down to Serie B.

They didn't want him and they were pretty vocal about it too.

Inter is reportedly close to signing Motta and Milito from Genoa.

Veteran
    Raoul,

I spoke with a friend of mine close to our management last night and it seems that we were after Gerard Houlier but his contract was finishing at the end of the year which would mean that we'd be out of a coach for the initial part of the season. So after they couldn't convince Houlier they spoke with Le Guen and agreed with him. He was very confident that Le Guen will be our coach next year.

So RD I need some more info on him. Does he play an attacking or a defensive style? How's he with youngsters? I think you said he was a disciplinarian?

Spill it mate...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Raoul,

I spoke with a friend of mine close to our management last night and it seems that we were after Gerard Houlier but his contract was finishing at the end of the year which would mean that we'd be out of a coach for the initial part of the season. So after they couldn't convince Houlier they spoke with Le Guen and agreed with him. He was very confident that Le Guen will be our coach next year.

So RD I need some more info on him. Does he play an attacking or a defensive style? How's he with youngsters? I think you said he was a disciplinarian?

Spill it mate...
    Houiller?? He's Technical Director or something for the National team right?

I wrote this on Le Guen in the Inter Milan Thread

I’m a bit harsh with him. I am actually pissed we’re firing him, because I think stability would do us good and like you said, 5th place was a pipe dream.

He won 3 titles with Lyon and went 3 times to the quarter finals of the Champions League. They won titles before and after him, so in essence, he managed a very good ship at that time where he had more to lose than win. Lyon was blowing everyone out of the water.

He went to Glasgow, and ended up quiting after a rift appeared with his players.

He came to PSG and had 1 and ½ years of hell. How much is his fault? Not much, maybe, but in that case, he doesn’t deserve much credit in the fact things have turned around. We’re a totally dysfunctional team and management. Paris is one the worst places to play in France when things go wrong, with media and fans. To turns things around you need players with cojones, which we didn’t have last year.

This year, something happened that hasn’t happened in ages: the recruits actually played up to the hype: Hoarau, Sessegnon, Giuly and Makelele have had a direct impact on play and the overall confidence.

He was a very good holding midfielder so that can give you an idea as to how he thinks. With the right players (ie: when he coached Lyon), the play was brilliant. He’s methodical, organized and rather cerebral. He’s not a fiery leader, who’ll throw his shoe at a ref. I would say he doesn't have a style and adapts style of play to the players he has.

One thing he did do is bring up guys from the younger programs which was refreshing. A guy like N’Gog got his shot with Le Guen and was picked up by Liverpool or MU can’t remember. So if you have promising youngsters he won't hesitate to give them a shot.

I wouldn’t call him a disciplinarian, it’s just guys who step out of line get sanctioned which I find normal. They go play for a game or 2 with the reserve team. Guys who don’t perform, sit. He stands by his guys when things go wrong, and doesn’t throw them under the bus.

Another perspective is from Makelele. He just came out with his autobiography, he said Le Guen was a ‘good’ coach. Not great, just good. He’s had better.

Ah and another thing which might come in handy for Istanbul, I find he handles media pressure very well. Calm, cool and collect. After the sh*t he went through here last year, it was rather amazing how he handled press conferences.

In conclusion, you'll probably find him boring as a person.
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 05-28-2009 at 05:35 AM.

Veteran
    Houiller?? He's Technical Director or something for the National team right?

I wrote this on Le Guen in the Inter Milan Thread

He was a very good holding midfielder so that can give you an idea as to how he thinks. With the right players (ie: when he coached Lyon), the play was brilliant. He’s methodical, organized and rather cerebral. He’s not a fiery leader, who’ll throw his shoe at a ref. I would say he doesn't have a style and adapts style of play to the players he has.

One thing he did do is bring up guys from the younger programs which was refreshing. A guy like N’Gog got his shot with Le Guen and was picked up by Liverpool or MU can’t remember. So if you have promising youngsters he won't hesitate to give them a shot.

I wouldn’t call him a disciplinarian, it’s just guys who step out of line get sanctioned which I find normal. They go play for a game or 2 with the reserve team. Guys who don’t perform, sit. He stands by his guys when things go wrong, and doesn’t throw them under the bus.

Another perspective is from Makelele. He just came out with his autobiography, he said Le Guen was a ‘good’ coach. Not great, just good. He’s had better.

Ah and another thing which might come in handy for Istanbul, I find he handles media pressure very well. Calm, cool and collect. After the sh*t he went through here last year, it was rather amazing how he handled press conferences.

In conclusion, you'll probably find him boring as a person.
    Thanks mate. I gues it's also safe to say he won't be saying buy me Kezman any time soon?

and yeah Houiller does something for the FFF but I'm not sure exactly what.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hey Turk, guess where Erding will most likely end up?

Veteran
    Hey Turk, guess where Erding will most likely end up?

over here he's been linked a lot with the sewerbirds but from your toothy grins I'm guessing PSG?

Jets Insider VIP
    over here he's been linked a lot with the sewerbirds but from your toothy grins I'm guessing PSG?
    Newspapers reported that parties have met several times, and an agreement is not far away. Take it with a grain of salt, I'm just reporting what I read.

Is he known to be a night owl? That’s my only beef with guys wanting to come here, since it’s not for the UEFA or anything. I hope he’s a serious character and wants to have a great season before the WC, and stays out of nightclubs.

Besides that fear, he’d be a good signing for us.

Apparently "the sewerbirds" are very interested in Oguchi Onyewu and are one of four teams to have offered him a contract in the last few days. I really hope he doesn't end up there cause I don't want to hear Turk talking **** about him for the next few years.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Apparently "the sewerbirds" are very interested in Oguchi Onyewu and are one of four teams to have offered him a contract in the last few days. I really hope he doesn't end up there cause I don't want to hear Turk talking **** about him for the next few years.
    LOL

I've become too predictable.

RD,

I have no idea about his habits. I just watched him a couple of times for the national team. And as I said before I don't watch the national team with a whole lot of enthusiasm I really don't know anything about him except that he seems to be quick.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't watch the national team with a whole lot of enthusiasm

Geez, what's it like when you get enthousiastic?

EDIT: Scratch the question. The answer is: I throw bathroom tiles at people

Veteran

Geez, what's it like when you get enthousiastic?

EDIT: Scratch the question. The answer is: I throw bathroom tiles at people
    No I don't!

I try to cause emotional damage only, and only to sewerbird fans not people. Jeez!

Veteran

We just signed Frank Rijkaard!

I can't ****ing believe it... YEEEEEES!!!! PHUCK YEEEEEES!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

We just signed Frank Rijkaard!

I can't ****ing believe it... YEEEEEES!!!! PHUCK YEEEEEES!!!!

Impressive.

Awesome news dude!

Veteran
    Impressive.

Awesome news dude!

OLEEEE OLEEEE OLEE OLEEEE
    WE'RE GONA BUTTRAPE SOME SEWERBIRDS...

Jets Insider VIP
    A lot of reports saying Kaka/Milan are closing in on a deal with Real.

Paulie =>

Veteran
    A lot of reports saying Kaka/Milan are closing in on a deal with Real.

Paulie =>
    Appearantly Guardiola's success has made hiring young inexperienced former footballers as TD's "in"..

Leonardo has been appointed at Milan (remember him RD? - I effin do from the cup winners cup match at 1996 he ran circles around us that day...)

and Ferrara has been appointed at Juve.