Thread: UFC 2009 and upcoming PPV.

UFC 2009 and upcoming PPV.

Anyone check this game out yet (demo), pretty sick. Comes out Tuesday. Followed up by a great fight card next weekend, Serra!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Pretty decent card, I'm not going to buy it though. Probably look for a link to watch it online and save the $.

I think Hughes/Serra goes the distance, unanimous decision for Hughes.

The Machida/Evans fight is tough to call. Evans is undefeated and has beat some good fighters (Chuck, Bisping, Forrest) but I don't think Machida has ever even lost a round I think we'll end up seeing Rashad chase Machida all fight, with Machida picking him him apart for 5 rounds.

On the undercard, I like Sozinsky (sp ?) from TUF 8, he trains with Dan Henderson out here in Southern CA.

Edited: I'm changing my prediction for the Evans/Machida fight - Evans by late round TKO or decision. I think he'll be successful in getting takedowns on Machida.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 05-22-2009 at 03:52 PM.

As much as I hate Evans, I hope he wins. I'd prefer to see Rampage knock his block off when they fight and give him his first loss. I also think he is going to win. Rashad is not slow and he'll find a way to get to Machida.

Hughes hasn't fought in a while and I don't think he will be able to keep up with Serra. Serra will TKO him in the 2nd round.

Edgar vs. Sherk should be a great fight.

Larson, Nover, Kryzsztof, all on the undercard (pretty stacked)

Card is definitely worth ordering. The next few months of UFCs are going to be great.

i have been playing the game since yesterday...pretty cool. The career mode was a let down so the replay value suffers no doubt. But a cool game non the less.

As far as the PPV...Serra/Hughes...who cares? this fight was cool 5 years ago. Mochida/Evans is going to be a war....Machida has not been touched since he came to the UFC never mind dominated like Evans has dominated guys...all in all...i say Evans by decision.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i have been playing the game since yesterday...pretty cool. The career mode was a let down so the replay value suffers no doubt. But a cool game non the less.

As far as the PPV...Serra/Hughes...who cares? this fight was cool 5 years ago. Mochida/Evans is going to be a war....Machida has not been touched since he came to the UFC never mind dominated like Evans has dominated guys...all in all...i say Evans by decision.
    You have it already? Did it come out early? The demo only allows you to play 1 match exhibition (Liddell v. Shogun).

How did you get it already? That's awesome.

What sucks about career mode? Have you created your own guy yet?

I agree about Serra/Hughes, but still hope Serra kicks his ass into retirement. I am probably the minority with that.

yes, i have ti already...and no it didnt come out early first of all you can only do a career mode using a created fighter...but when you create a fighter he sucksssss and you have to build him up by sparring A LOT. In any case, its ust kind of a bore the career mode thing, but perhaps i am doing something wrong.

The game itself is pretty sick if you use the real fighters Anthony Johnson is amazing...
    Last edited by K-Met57; 05-16-2009 at 07:26 PM.

yes, i have ti already...and no it didnt come out early first of all you can only do a career mode using a created fighter...but when you create a fighter he sucksssss and you have to build him up by sparring A LOT. In any case, its ust kind of a bore the career mode thing, but perhaps i am doing something wrong.

The game itself is pretty sick if you use the real fighters Anthony Johnson is amazing...
    Well, are you going to inform your JI brothers on how you got it early??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Well, are you going to inform your JI brothers on how you got it early??!!
    There are places you can get it if you know people, the retailers got the shipments on Friday....but cant sell until Tuesday morning. Thats all i can say

There are places you can get it if you know people, the retailers got the shipments on Friday....but cant sell until Tuesday morning. Thats all i can say
    When I used to work at Best Buy we always got games in early but weren't allowed to sell them.

My guess is someone from a small store was able to sell it to you.

All Pro
    I stopped watching UFC when every fight was only offered on PPV.

I got one and spent $50 on it, bothered me and stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I stopped watching UFC when every fight was only offered on PPV.

I got one and spent $50 on it, bothered me and stopped.
    UFC has plenty of events for free on Spike TV every 3-4 months. Plus WEC is free and live on Versus.