Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA Draft Lottery Thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    This is a dumb thing to argue about but I'm from Montclair, NJ (12 miles west of NYC) and I work in Manhattan.

I've lived here my entire life and I wouldn't say that I am not a "true-blooded" New Yorker.
    Agreed, it is a pretty dumb thing to argue about.

Montclair, eh? I go to school at Montclair State.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Agreed, it is a pretty dumb thing to argue about.

Montclair, eh? I go to school at Montclair State.
    Nice, Red Hawk Diner is pretty $...but back to the Knicks, I think its pretty much a lock for D'Antoni and Walsh to go after a pure point guard in the first round of the draft. I know he's the popular choice but I don't believe that Stephen Curry is a pure pg, to me he's more of a combo guard that might have difficulties maintaining the pace that Mikey D's system commands.

With Jonny Flynn you know Flynn is a leader (went to the Elite 8), has a solid jump shot (.317 3pt % for the season) and has the stamina to run the court non-stop for 4 quarters or more as witnessed in the Big East Champ game vs. UCONN.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, Red Hawk Diner is pretty $...but back to the Knicks, I think its pretty much a lock for D'Antoni and Walsh to go after a pure point guard in the first round of the draft. I know he's the popular choice but I don't believe that Stephen Curry is a pure pg, to me he's more of a combo guard that might have difficulties maintaining the pace that Mikey D's system commands.

With Jonny Flynn you know Flynn is a leader (went to the Elite 8), has a solid jump shot (.317 3pt % for the season) and has the stamina to run the court non-stop for 4 quarters or more as witnessed in the Big East Champ game vs. UCONN.
    I wouldn't be disappointed if the Knicks were to get Flynn. I was very impressed with what I saw from him in both the Big East and NCAA Tourney's, as was everyone else. I would just prefer Stephen Curry.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they're going to end up taking Curry. He's a safe pick - won't be a star but definitely will be a contributor. With Curry and Duhon Knicks are pretty much set at pg for the next several years and can concentrate on other positions.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade back and take Jonny Flynn, hes a true-blooded New Yorker (Niagra Falls, Syracuse) and a pure PG.
    Lol at this line of reasoning, as if this is some kind of credential .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Flynn didn't go to the Elite 8, in his only NCAA Tourney he led SU to the Sweet 16. I like Flynn but he's no Ty Lawson.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    Lol at this line of reasoning, as if this is some kind of credential .
    Poisonberry was a red-blooded Brooklyn boy. How'd that work out?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Flynn didn't go to the Elite 8, in his only NCAA Tourney he led SU to the Sweet 16. I like Flynn but he's no Ty Lawson.
    You may be right, but Lawson probably had 6 better players on UNC then the next best player on Syracuse. (Prob Devendorf). It's a little easier to game plan for Flynn than Lawson. I see a lot of Chris Paul in Flynn. Not sure who I see in Lawson.