Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals Thread: Orlando Magic vs. Denver Nuggets (merged)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

NBA Finals Thread: Orlando Magic vs. Denver Nuggets (merged)

What?

It could happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    What?

It could happen.
    I was shocked by the Cavs result last night for one main reason... I saw LeBron scored 49 (I wasn't able to watch because I had a soccer finals game in MSG!!) and since they lost I immediately pictured a desperation Kobe night where he jacks up 40+ shots. However, he was super efficient 20/30 with 6 and 6 or whatever. Can someone enlighten me how they lost this game who watched it!? I mean it must have been horrendous defense I guess?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    I was shocked by the Cavs result last night for one main reason... I saw LeBron scored 49 (I wasn't able to watch because I had a soccer finals game in MSG!!) and since they lost I immediately pictured a desperation Kobe night where he jacks up 40+ shots. However, he was super efficient 20/30 with 6 and 6 or whatever. Can someone enlighten me how they lost this game who watched it!? I mean it must have been horrendous defense I guess?
    The Cavs are not a great team outside of Lebron James. Who else on the Cavs scares you besides Lebron? Mo Williams? Ilgauskas? C'mon.

Magic are a deeper team with the best big man in the game and they have a long lengthy defenders like Turkoglu and Lewis and take up alot of space and lanes and Howard is a monster on the boards.

The Cavs are never going to get Lebron his Scottie Pippen or Abdul-Jabbar.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    The Cavs are not a great team outside of Lebron James. Who else on the Cavs scares you besides Lebron? Mo Williams? Ilgauskas? C'mon.

Magic are a deeper team with the best big man in the game and they have a long lengthy defenders like Turkoglu and Lewis and take up alot of space and lanes and Howard is a monster on the boards.

The Cavs are never going to get Lebron his Scottie Pippen or Abdul-Jabbar.
    Ok...I mean you're talking about the best team in the regular season (and so far the post-season) in the NBA. I realize LeBron is the main reason for that, but Mo Williams is a clutch shooter who can take some pressure of LeBron and although not many other people scare you offensively, they are a dominant defensive team where everyone hustles on every play. As great as LeBron is their team defense and Mo Williams put them over the hump this year from being dangerous to being dominant. I'm just wondering how LeBron has his best game of the playoffs and they lose...not really sure what LeBron's pippen has to do with that.

Also, please please please LeBron come to the Knicks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...I mean you're talking about the best team in the regular season (and so far the post-season) in the NBA. I realize LeBron is the main reason for that, but Mo Williams is a clutch shooter who can take some pressure of LeBron and although not many other people scare you offensively, they are a dominant defensive team where everyone hustles on every play. As great as LeBron is their team defense and Mo Williams put them over the hump this year from being dangerous to being dominant. I'm just wondering how LeBron has his best game of the playoffs and they lose...not really sure what LeBron's pippen has to do with that.

Also, please please please LeBron come to the Knicks.
    Best regular season team doesn't necessarily mean best playoff team. You need superstars to win in the playoffs and the Cavs have just 1. Williams is a nice role player but he is not Rashard Lewis or even Turkoglu.

I want Lebron here too and I think business-wise it would make the most sense for him. A player of his caliber in NY would be the biggest sports star in the world.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cavs perimeter D was not good down the stretch and Rashard Lewis was hitting jumper after jumper and the Magic made a couple of stops when they had to.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    David Stern is on the phone today. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS TRAVESTY!!!!

If LeBron loses he coming to NY.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    David Stern is on the phone today. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS TRAVESTY!!!!

If LeBron loses he coming to NY.
    Stern will probably sh*t himself if the Cavs aren't playing his precious Lakers in the finals.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stern will probably sh*t himself if the Cavs aren't playing his precious Lakers in the finals.
    I think David Stern is starting to poop himself already!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think David Stern is starting to poop himself already!
    I think he already had to change his shorts.

Go Nuggets!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

***The Official MAGIC VS NUGGETS Finals Thread***

Take that Stern!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best regular season team doesn't necessarily mean best playoff team. You need superstars to win in the playoffs and the Cavs have just 1. Williams is a nice role player but he is not Rashard Lewis or even Turkoglu.

I want Lebron here too and I think business-wise it would make the most sense for him. A player of his caliber in NY would be the biggest sports star in the world.
    You need superstars to win in the playoffs?

Then can you please explain to me how the Pistons almost went on a dynastic run a few years ago?

Please don't try telling me that Tayshaun Prince, Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, and Rasheed Wallace are/were superstars.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 05-27-2009 at 01:05 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You need superstars to win in the playoffs?

Then can you please explain to me how the Pistons almost went on a dynastic run a few years ago?

Please don't try telling me that Tayshaun Prince, Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, and Rasheed Wallace are/were superstars.
    Each and every one of those guys is better than Mo friggin Williams. All of those guys can create their own shot and be a capable offensive threat. The offensive threats on the Cavs are...........? You call it people on this board making excuses for the man, but it is what it is. His roster is clearly lacking.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Each and every one of those guys is better than Mo friggin Williams. All of those guys can create their own shot and be a capable offensive threat. The offensive threats on the Cavs are...........? You call it people on this board making excuses for the man, but it is what it is. His roster is clearly lacking.
    You just missed the entire point, Vincenzo said you can't win in the postseason without superstars. Nobody in their right mind can claim that any of those guys are superstars.

On the flipside, who the hell does Dwight Howard have on his squad? Mo Williams (an all-star) is most definitely more talented than Turkoglu, Lewis, and Alston.

So Howard has taken a roster that is "lacking" in star power and has them up 3-1 over the once unbeatable Cleveland Cavs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You just missed the entire point, Vincenzo said you can't win in the postseason without superstars. Nobody in their right mind can claim that any of those guys are superstars.

On the flipside, who the hell does Dwight Howard have on his squad? Mo Williams (an all-star) is most definitely more talented than Turkoglu, Lewis, and Alston.

So Howard has taken a roster that is "lacking" in star power and has them up 3-1 over the once unbeatable Cleveland Cavs.
    I didn't miss the point, I understand what you are saying. I'm simply stating I'd take any of those guys over Mo Williams.

Can we stop with the Mo Williams= all star jist? He got in because 2 other guys bowed out, geez. He wasn't voted in by the players, coaches or fans.

And Mo by NO means is better than Turk or Lewis, not even close.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    And Mo by NO means is better than Turk or Lewis, not even close.
    LOL

Why's that? Because those two guys have shown up in the playoffs and Mo hasn't?

Doesn't discount that Mo Williams is more talented and a more highly regarded player than both of them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You can NOT be serious. Not to mentioning you're listing 3 decent scorers on the Magic compared to ONE. (The one isn't even as good as Turk or Lewis in my opinion.)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Why's that? Because those two guys have shown up in the playoffs and Mo hasn't?

Doesn't discount that Mo Williams is more talented and a more highly regarded player than both of them.
    Why laugh?

Both are extremely gifted 6'10 offensive dynamos who bring more to the table than Mo could ever dream of.

Seriously, UT, if you think Mo is more talented (forget "better" for a second) than Hedo or Lewis, you need to watch each of the above play more often. There aren't many guys in the entire league with the size/skillset that Hedo/Lewis have. That isn't to say they are "great" players. But they are very good, rare players. Not to mention Turkoglu is absolutely one of the best 4th Q players in the business. Mo can't touch either one of them talent wise, and a highly regarded player according to what? The media?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can NOT be serious. Not to mentioning you're listing 3 decent scorers on the Magic compared to ONE. (The one isn't even as good as Turk or Lewis in my opinion.)
    UT needs to stick to football. He knows his sh1t in that area

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see yours before I posted mine

I hate getting old