Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA Finals Thread: Orlando Magic vs. Denver Nuggets (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    UT needs to stick to football. He knows his sh1t in that area
    Seriously...saying Mo Williams is clearly better than Lewis and Turk is asinine.

Also, he says "So Howard has taken a roster that is "lacking" in star power and has them up 3-1 over the once unbeatable Cleveland Cavs."

However, he also says Mo Williams has sucked in the playoffs compared to those guys...so which is it?! I guess he'd argue it's LeBron's fault Mo is missing a million wide open 3s.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I didn't see yours before I posted mine

I hate getting old

Hey, you're not getting old. You're just losing your mental faculties, ever so slowly.

Banned
    Take that Stern!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Each and every one of those guys is better than Mo friggin Williams. All of those guys can create their own shot and be a capable offensive threat. The offensive threats on the Cavs are...........? You call it people on this board making excuses for the man, but it is what it is. His roster is clearly lacking.
    I want to know what the color of the sky in Untouchable's world is. This guy acts like Mo Williams is the resurrection of Magic Johnson.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    On the flipside, who the hell does Dwight Howard have on his squad? Mo Williams (an all-star) is most definitely more talented than Turkoglu, Lewis, and Alston.
    Oh my God that is a stupid statement.

Are you Isiah Thomas? You have to be maybe the most horrific talent evaluator I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Oh my God that is a stupid statement.

Are you Isiah Thomas? You have to be maybe the most horrific talent evaluator I've ever seen.
    lol thank you...

He did hit one out of three though

Banned
    lol thank you...

He did hit one out of three though
    Yeah Mo Williams is better than Rafer Alston but to say he's better than Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu mostly b/c he got voted into the circus act which is the nba all-star game - that is just asinine.

As for last night's game - the refs are so friggin pro-Lakers it's ridiculous. Anytime in the 4th qtr a Nuggets player drove to the basket and got fouled there was almost never a call but a Laker player with the ball simply looked at the paint the refs called a foul on the Nuggets.

David Stern sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Yeah Mo Williams is better than Rafer Alston but to say he's better than Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu mostly b/c he got voted into the circus act which is the nba all-star game - that is just asinine.

As for last night's game - the refs are so friggin pro-Lakers it's ridiculous. Anytime in the 4th qtr a Nuggets player drove to the basket and got fouled there was almost never a call but a Laker player with the ball simply looked at the paint the refs called a foul on the Nuggets.

David Stern sucks.
    He's been doing this since he was named commissioner and brought Jordan to fame... Not saying Jordan couldn't have done it on his own but yeah...........

Banned
    He's been doing this since he was named commissioner and brought Jordan to fame... Not saying Jordan couldn't have done it on his own but yeah...........
    David Stern is the worst. He is such a biased piece of sh*t. Hates the Dolans and hates the Knicks. Makes Roger Goodell look like Mr. Impartiality.

He's probably lobbying Lebron and his agent to go to LA or Chicago next summer as we speak.

I turned on the game a few times tonight...

How the announcers are justifying some of these calls, I have no idea...

Why there isn't a HUGE outcry from people that the refs are completely biased and are committing injustices to all fans not named the Lakers, I'll never understand...

You can hack a Denver player and it's fine...

You breathe on Kobe or his supporting cast and it's automatic...

I've seen refs call fouls that didn't even have an angle where the supposed call took place...

Denver's stroking some shots with 7 to go... I hope they can close the 14 point deficit but I highly doubt the refs will allow it...

I turned on the game a few times tonight...

How the announcers are justifying some of these calls, I have no idea...

Why there isn't a HUGE outcry from people that the refs are completely biased and are committing injustices to all fans not named the Lakers, I'll never understand...

You can hack a Denver player and it's fine...

You breathe on Kobe or his supporting cast and it's automatic...

I've seen refs call fouls that didn't even have an angle where the supposed call took place...

Denver's stroking some shots with 7 to go... I hope they can close the 14 point deficit but I highly doubt the refs will allow it...
    This time, it was all on the Lakers. The players made some money shots.

Quote Originally Posted by supergumbo View Post
    This time, it was all on the Lakers. The players made some money shots.
    Pretty easy to make shots when the defender has to play two arm lengths away from you for fear of having a foul called

Jets Insider VIP
    Pretty easy to make shots when the defender has to play two arm lengths away from you for fear of having a foul called
    LOLZ

This conspiracy theory regarding David Stern and the Lakers/Cavs has gotten out of control.

Lakers > Nuggets

That's what it comes down to. Not officiating.

Lakers vs Magic

I've said it for weeks now.

The Officiating in the Nuggets/Lakers pretty fair though, more because the terrible calls balanced out. Say what you will but in games 2 and 4 LA got absolutely nothing.

The NBA is ridiculous. It's like every night the refs pick a team. The favor shown towards the Cavs has been laughable though, it's like they're not even trying to hide it.