Thread: Arrivederci Paolo!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrivederci Paolo!

I don't particularly like Milan but I respect the fact that they are a club of tradition. They had only 4 captains in the last 40 years (pic below) and this sunday the last Maldini will play for the Rossoneri for the last time, like it says in the banner its been 25 years and 900 matches. One of the greatest left backs of all time.

They adjusted the prices so that kids will get in for 2 euros. They will also retire the no. 3 - which is almost unheard of in Europe - I can't recall another number being retired by anyone.

Paulie, you gotta watch this match. It should be something special.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm definitely going to watch it, it should be an awesome day. Maldini is a legend and they're going to give him the send off befitting a king.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

A classy guy.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dida is a terrible keeper. ****ing awful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the free kick by Totti or the score by Menez? I only saw the 2nd half.

How Menez had 2 consecutive free runs was awful. Lucky he didn't score on both.

Totti's shot was a nice one-perfectly placed. Still, I don't believe he should be scoring from that far out on a free kick.

At first glance, I thought Ambrosini may have been offsides on his goal. There wasn't but 1 replay, and I don't think anyone made an issue of it, so it may be my eyesight is shot.

Either way, would've liked to see your man Maldini finish with a W. Milan was really stepping it up in the 2nd half. I thought they were going to come away with it. Ronaldinho has his critics, and he may not be the player he once was, but he was fun to watch today.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    On the free kick by Totti or the score by Menez? I only saw the 2nd half.

How Menez had 2 consecutive free runs was awful. Lucky he didn't score on both.

Totti's shot was a nice one-perfectly placed. Still, I don't believe he should be scoring from that far out on a free kick.

At first glance, I thought Ambrosini may have been offsides on his goal. There wasn't but 1 replay, and I don't think anyone made an issue of it, so it may be my eyesight is shot.

Either way, would've liked to see your man Maldini finish with a W. Milan was really stepping it up in the 2nd half. I thought they were going to come away with it. Ronaldinho has his critics, and he may not be the player he once was, but he was fun to watch today.

Gotta hand it to Roma's defense, they were playing tight today. Milan had some decent attacks that were broken up almost immediately by the Roma backfield.

My comment about Dida was in reference to Totti's free kick. You can't let him score like that from that far away, in that moment in the game. Awful job by Dida. I hope Milan cuts ties with him next year because I hate watching him play.

I don't know if Ambrosini was offsides or not. I was watching a feed with an Italian play-by-play, so I really couldn't understand the commentary.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed.

I was watching on FSC, but the offsides I commented about was never even brought up by the announcers .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer for Paolo to lose on his last game.

Was that a missile from Riise or what?! He has an awesome shot.

Ambrosini did seem slightly offsides from the highlights I saw.

For the life of me I can't understand how a prestigious team like Milan can't find a better keeper than Dida. Not much you can blame him on Totti's goal, but still. When you play for Milan, you shouldn't be a JAG.

Highlights here reported a few negative signs in the stands directed at Maldini. Apparently a few years back he called certain fans 'mercenaries'. They decided to throw it back at him today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently one of the fan groups was chanting There is only one Captain : Franco Baresi , during his victory lap.

South Curve had a sign “ On the field you were an immense champion but you lacked respect to those who made you rich”.