Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: lebron chokes again

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    So you're saying Kobe is a better closer or a better player? I am a big Kobe and LeBron fan, but if you think the Cavs are even IN these games to have a chance to close them if Kobe and LeBron swapped teams for the post-season you are sorely mistaken. Kobe a better closer? Absolutely... one of the most deadly jump shooting 4th quarter guys ever.
    I'm saying Kobe is the better closer and the better player right now.

And I disagree. If you put arguably the best closer since MJ on the Cavs, a team whose biggest problem has been closing out games, I think they are in this series. They sure as hell wouldn't be down 3-1 if you ask me.

If it wasn't for a last second buzzer beater in game 2, this would be a clean sweep in Orlando's favor. Despite everyone hailing the Cavs as unbeatable both in the regular season and the post season.

Jordan>Kobe
    stop jockin on Kobe, u fake son

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

And I disagree. If you put arguably the best closer since MJ on the Cavs, I think they are in this series. They sure as hell wouldn't be down 3-1 if you ask me.

If it wasn't for a last second buzzer beater in game 2, this would be a clean sweep in Orlando's favor. Despite everyone hailing the Cavs as unbeatable both in the regular season and the post season.
    Kobe is a better closer and perhaps (although arguable) a better player right now, but he has NEVER elevated his teammates a la jordan or even lebron this year. He did nothing after Shaq left and nothing before the Grizzlies gave away Gasol to them. He always would show up his teammates on the court when they didn't play up to his level. He has never elevated mediocre players and made them look better than they are.

I wondered all year how the Cavs were playing so well when I looked at their team and was like there really isn't anyone good on this team. Mo Williams is ok, but that is about it. This team is being exposed right now, they have no size esp. in the backcourt and only because of Lebron are they even staying close in these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

And I disagree. If you put arguably the best closer since MJ on the Cavs, a team whose biggest problem has been closing out games, I think they are in this series. They sure as hell wouldn't be down 3-1 if you ask me.

Well.. clearly neither of us can know, but let's remember the "last second buzzer beater" was LeBron hitting the clutch-shot of the entire post-season which seems to go against your argument. You seem to be forgetting that LeBron is absolutely stuffing the stat sheet and my point is that you have to be close in the 4th in order to close it. Sure maybe Kobe closes game 1, but does he score 49 points with 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks etc to even have them in it? I say no, but I guess we can never be sure. In other words... yes Cleveland has a hard time closing games, but you wouldn't be putting Kobe on that team... you'd be swapping out the league MVP for him. The Cavs are DRASTICALLY different in that case.

Edit: Also LeBron doesn't have Pao Gasol among others drawing the defense away. He gets double teamed every play and has to carry the ball half the time because there is no good true point guard on that team. (That or Mike Brown BLOWS as an offensive coach...maybe both.)
    Last edited by Carlton; 05-27-2009 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    LeBron James <==== Overrated

Dwight Howard <==== Underrated

If I was starting a team and you told me I could have James or Howard, I would take Howard in a heartbeat
    +1.

Howard has more upside and could end up a more COMPLETE player.

Veteran
    Kobe = Rapist steroid choker

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    +1.

Howard has more upside and could end up a more COMPLETE player.
    Great article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...JShadow-090528

Also, LeBron led his team in every statistical category this year. Howard can't pass and has zero post moves. More dominant someday? Maybe... more complete? Hellllll no.

Great article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...JShadow-090528

Also, LeBron led his team in every statistical category this year. Howard can't pass and has zero post moves. More dominant someday? Maybe... more complete? Hellllll no.
    I said: "could end up". I think we have seen the best of LeBron. I don't think we've seen Howard reach his peak.

Also, LeBron led his team in every statistical category this year.
    Exactly...he doesn't make the players around him better.

Veteran
    david donaghy stern fixed another game for his gay lover lebron tha steroid takin choke artist james

this dude screwed up tha nba

ya cant even watch anymore

if kobe barely touches some one its a flagnat foul

if lebron tha steroid takin choke artist goes into roid rage and starts hittin people it aint a foul

this is bs

Practice Squad
    This thread is funny.

I can't understand how anyone could compare who LeBron plays with to who Kobe plays with. Cleveland would be the Wizards w/out LeBron and the Lakers would probably still make thee playoffs in the west.

Howard cannot shoot a jumper or pass, meanwhile LBJ can put up a triple double on any given night and Howard is better? Is this a joke?

So what if he has hit his peak (which he hasn't imo) he is the MVP of the league.

Look numbers this series.

Quote Originally Posted by rlucas4137 View Post
    This thread is funny.

I can't understand how anyone could compare who LeBron plays with to who Kobe plays with. Cleveland would be the Wizards w/out LeBron and the Lakers would probably still make thee playoffs in the west.

Howard cannot shoot a jumper or pass, meanwhile LBJ can put up a triple double on any given night and Howard is better? Is this a joke?

So what if he has hit his peak (which he hasn't imo) he is the MVP of the league.

Look numbers this series.
    So why does Lebron need the officials to help him win games?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets View Post
    david donaghy stern fixed another game for his gay lover lebron tha steroid takin choke artist james

if lebron tha steroid takin choke artist goes into roid rage and starts hittin people it aint a foul

this is bs

Yeah I bet you were crying when Stern was giving all those BS calls for LA last night. I don't even like Cleveland or LeBron all that much, but this thread is beyond f%ckin dumb

ya better hope Kobe and the the Lakers win it all bc if they lose to any of these teams after showing how good of an all around team they are then they are a bunch of chumps
    Last edited by rlucas4137; 05-28-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    So why does Lebron need the officials to help him win games?
    I think every star in the NBA gets gay calls (Melo, LBJ, Howard, Kobe) and it is pretty irritating, but if you are referring to the three pt play on Howard tonight at the end I gotta say it was a good call. Dwight Howard never seems to hold his position on D and acts like Mutombo on every foul call against him.

Last night was complete BS when Denver was getting back into

BTW I'm not rooting for Cleveland or LA. I think Kobe is better than LeBron RIGHT NOW. LA is a far superior a team to Cleveland imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rlucas4137 View Post
    I think every star in the NBA gets gay calls (Melo, LBJ, Howard, Kobe) and it is pretty irritating, but if you are referring to the three pt play on Howard tonight at the end I gotta say it was a good call. Dwight Howard never seems to hold his position on D and acts like Mutombo on every foul call against him.

Last night was complete BS when Denver was getting back into

BTW I'm not rooting for Cleveland or LA. I think Kobe is better than LeBron RIGHT NOW. LA is a far superior a team to Cleveland imo.
    I'm going for the Magic / Nuggets series honestly...

Lebron AND Kobe get more calls than any player in the NBA...

Why? Because they're the face of the league...

Stern is absolutely in the referees ears about how to control the game...

It's just sad that even though the refs tried to hand this series to Lebron, he still found himself in a 3-1 hole...

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'm going for the Magic / Nuggets series honestly...

Lebron AND Kobe get more calls than any player in the NBA...

Why? Because they're the face of the league...

Stern is absolutely in the referees ears about how to control the game...

It's just sad that even though the refs tried to hand this series to Lebron, he still found himself in a 3-1 hole...

agreed. This has been going on in the NBA for a long time. Maybe even before MJ. But LBJ took over in the 4th tonight and overpowered Petrius, who I like alot, and showed that he cannot be guarded 1 on 1.

Again I do not dispute he gets x amount of calls per game.

My brother-in-law and I always talk about it. He and I were positive it would be LA vs. CLE, so hopefully a CLE loss will put some of the cynicism to rest for us. I am a freakin Knicks fan so believe me I am quite cynical.

I was rooting for Houston, but now I just root for the Nuggets because I don't really like any of the other teams.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets View Post

this is bs
    Stern has a finger up your boys ass too. Might even have two...

Hahaha.. do you even watch basketball?

37, 14, 12 last night... first players to post at least those #s in a playoff game since Oscar Robertson in 1963. Where's Ham?! That's a stat he can relate to.

Jets Insider VIP
    I said: "could end up". I think we have seen the best of LeBron. I don't think we've seen Howard reach his peak.
    FF2, dude, I would recommend sticking with your comfort zones like trolling on the Strip and strolling in the hamper.

Obviously, basketball is not your schtick.

Banned
    Hahaha.. do you even watch basketball?

37, 14, 12 last night... first players to post at least those #s in a playoff game since Oscar Robertson in 1963. Where's Ham?! That's a stat he can relate to.
    Lebron last night was just incredible. Kobe is the better scorer but Lebron is better at everything else.