Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Final. 2:30 PM Barcelona vs Man U.

Jets Insider VIP

Champions League Final. 2:30 PM Barcelona vs Man U.

On ESPN .. should be fun to watch.

There's a soccer forum for a reason

Hall Of Fame
    if anyone is in Jersey City (Newport area), I'm in the office today and going over to Dorrians at 505 Washington with some friends from work to watch the game

Barca is just flat out dominating. I love it.

The Barca defense is sick. Every time Man U touches the ball they all swarm like they have 30 guys on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    The Barca defense is sick. Every time Man U touches the ball they all swarm like they have 30 guys on the pitch.
    And that was supposed to be their weakness. Puyol and Pique have been unbelievable.

Barca has taken complete control of this match. 2 goals is now insurmountable with the quality of defense they are showing. Crissy Ronaldo has been completely shut out for the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    And that was supposed to be their weakness. Puyol and Pique have been unbelievable.
    Also Ronaldo is such a piece of ****. Puyol has shut him out all game so Ronaldo has seamed to foul him every chance he could.

Also Ronaldo is such a piece of ****. Puyol has shut him out all game so Ronaldo has seamed to foul him every chance he could.
    I'm surprised Ronaldo isn't diving more.

The Italians get all the credit, but when push comes to shove the Portuguese are exceptional divers.

Great save by MAN U and they almost had the break...

Didn't see who it was but he basically tripped himself trying to get the ball in front...

I don't watch much soccer but this was so hyped up I had to give it a shot...

The Spaniards looked pretty solid throughout...

Stroke of genious from Pep Guardiola starting Messi as CF instead of winger... It has rendered Vidic and Ferdinand almost useless. They are not used to that kind of small forward. He keeps seeking away from them and down in the midfield. That's one of the reasons why Barca is dominating...

I'm surprised Ronaldo isn't diving more.

The Italians get all the credit, but when push comes to shove the Portuguese are exceptional divers.
    He's really in a league of his own when it comes to diving.

He's really in a league of his own when it comes to diving.
    Drogba?

Lopsided would be an understatement. While Barca was clearly dominant, ManU for whatever reason decided to not show up. Passing and ball control by their side was miserable.

Frankly, I was a bit disappointed. Not that I'm a ManU fan, but I hoped for it to be a much more competitive match. Oh well, plenty of WC qualifying and international play this summer should liven things up.

On a sidenote, I'm glad C/L is going to FSC coverage next year. The C/L final and ESPN can't shut down that damn annoying ticker on the bottom of the screen for 90 minutes? WTF?!?! Hopefully, FSC will catch up and bring the HD.

Jets Insider VIP
    Meh, pretty boring match.

Happy for Barca for their domination all year long and briulliant play.

I'm drunk and going to bed

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Lopsided would be an understatement. While Barca was clearly dominant, ManU for whatever reason decided to not show up. Passing and ball control by their side was miserable.

Frankly, I was a bit disappointed. Not that I'm a ManU fan, but I hoped for it to be a much more competitive match. Oh well, plenty of WC qualifying and international play this summer should liven things up.

On a sidenote, I'm glad C/L is going to FSC coverage next year. The C/L final and ESPN can't shut down that damn annoying ticker on the bottom of the screen for 90 minutes? WTF?!?! Hopefully, FSC will catch up and bring the HD.

This may sound like a stupid American question, but is HD as widely used in Europe as it is here? Forget big CL matches, I'm talking about league matches within the EPL and Serie A, for example.

All League
    Was a rather disappointing match. Man U showed up for the first 4 mins and Barce just took COMPLETE control. C. Ronaldo was shut down and I wish Tevez got more touches. Saw the match at a PACKED Village Pourhouse on the UWS. The crowd watching the game made up for the lackluster play.

Messi got his, so I'm happy. Can't wait to see where Tevez signs

Veteran
    very boring match

This may sound like a stupid American question, but is HD as widely used in Europe as it is here? Forget big CL matches, I'm talking about league matches within the EPL and Serie A, for example.
    You got me. I have no idea. You would think like here, sports would be the biggest HD draw.

Veteran
    I wasted my lunch time watchin this game