Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Champions League Final. 2:30 PM Barcelona vs Man U.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    This may sound like a stupid American question, but is HD as widely used in Europe as it is here? Forget big CL matches, I'm talking about league matches within the EPL and Serie A, for example.
    sky sports has hd and so does bbc supposedly.

i dont know if they do local affiliates over there

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    This may sound like a stupid American question, but is HD as widely used in Europe as it is here? Forget big CL matches, I'm talking about league matches within the EPL and Serie A, for example.
    I'm not sure how widely it's used in the States (I assume very) but in Turkey the Turkish Super League matches are broadcast on HD.

About the match, I really didn't expect another thriller a la Liverpool- Arsenal, Barça -Real, like the super bowl finals rarely satisfy the expectations. But I loved Barcelona, for a couple of minutes in the middle of the first half they were passing the ball around like they were training against the B team of Logrones.

And I loved the fact that Messi with his 1.69 height scored a header against a tandem of Vidic and Ferdinand who are both over 1.90.

I enjoyed even more the anguish of that arrogant prick Ronaldo.

It will be very hard for Pep Guardiola to live up to the expectations he created for himself. He won the treble (La Liga, Copa del Rey, CL) in his first season as a coach. I mean he was the same age with the oppositions keeper last night. He has nothing left to win after only one season.

He was one of my favorites as a player but it looks like he'll be an even better coach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was a fantastic and absorbing final - the midfield play from Barcelona, the link ups with the driving players from deep, was of the absolute highest quality. United were absolutely played off the park - and I loved every minute of it. United were shown up for what they really are, flat track bullies led by a tactically clueless dipsomaniac in Slur Alex Ferguson. United took 5 points out of a possible 18 against the other big 3 clubs in the Premiership this season and could only get points against far weaker teams - the whipping they recieved from Barca was thoroughly deserved. The United midfield are a rabble against quality opposition - they do not have a defensive midfielder of any standing and their passing for a supposedly 'top team' is a disgrace. They lucked out in winning last year and had a very easy run towards this year's final. United are a blot on world football and their risible claim to being one of the world's 'top clubs' should be greatly disputed. If their was any justice in the world they would be relegated to the Championship next season and their fans would **** off back to watching the NBA or whatever it is they were watching before they jumped on the bandwagon.

Barca, on the other hand, were sublime yesterday - Iniesta and Xavi were simply awesome and their play is best that football has to offer. If the score reflected the play Barca should really have won by 7 or 8 goals. However, against a more tactically aware manager, such as a Guus Hiddink or a Rafa Benitez, they would have had a far sterner test. Ferguson didn't even have a Plan A, let alone a Plan B or C.

Having said that, Barca are thoroughly deserving European club champions and now Spain look to be favourites for the next World Cup, considering the strong link between the Spanish team and the Barca one. Great season for Barca and probably a great season for Spain next year as well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Song sung next season by Liverpool fans when playing United:

To the tune of LOLA

Eto ran, we were sure he'd score,
    he beat van de sar, and uniteds back four
    barce..lona, One Nil, barcelona

When Xavi stuck it on Messi's head.
    Fergies face turned a new shade of red
    barce...lona two nil barcelona

Dressed in white, London's pride
    outclassed by the better side