Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I've pasted the gay pic so much, google prolly puts it first just for me
    Yeah, I'm sure Google already has your personal preferences set.

Veteran
    I can imagine you IT guys when you search for those italian pics..

- Hey Remy, le pede veux les photos teh ghey italiens, encore.

- Tu pense qu'il fap dans sa office?

- bien-sur...tu sais il est tant pas interrese dans les filles qu'il a lacher une vesse une fois devant Emmanuelle...

-oui je sais. C'est seulment les mecs itallens pour lui...

Get this -- on a hunch I went to google.fr, instead of google.com, and searched for Gattuso... the first pic that came up was indeed the gay pic.

LOL... Google is just in tune with its ghey French audience.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    italia

Call me a dreamer, but I'm hoping the good ole USA makes it out of the 1st stage this time. quit laughing...it could happen. Qualifier vs Costa Rica on June 3rd...let the mudslinging with Dirstar commence!

UK is due for a good showing. They were picking on the Brit fans in Germany at the last WC for sunburns. 'Lobster' was the popular nickname given to my fav fans. Understandable, the temps 'were consistently greater than 70F, and the sun was out for more than 3 hours a day. The South Africa climate should be quite a test for them. They're a gritty bunch though, and they countered the intense heat in '06 with massive beer consumption. Munich nearly canceled Oktoberfest that fall due to a depleting stockpile, but Englands early exit saved the event. Besides, where else do you get to see a guy like Peter Crouch bust a move?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFN9rxlRCRo

Finally, Deutschland. They're due.

PORTUGAL! too bad theyre stacked on the wings and thin everywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by jetss1971 View Post

The Krauts will win it this year
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    [/url]

Finally, Deutschland. They're due.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Germany particularly dreadful in Euro '08? I know that doesn't have a huge bearing on the World Cup, but I seem to remember them playing surprisingly bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Germany particularly dreadful in Euro '08? I know that doesn't have a huge bearing on the World Cup, but I seem to remember them playing surprisingly bad.
    They sucked all the way to the Final...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I can imagine you IT guys when you search for those italian pics..

- Hey Remy, le pede veux les photos teh ghey italiens, encore.

- Tu pense qu'il fap dans sa office?

- bien-sur...tu sais il est tant pas interrese dans les filles qu'il a lacher une vesse une fois devant Emmanuelle...

-oui je sais. C'est seulment les mecs itallens pour lui...

LOL

Not too shabby French there.

Get this -- on a hunch I went to google.fr, instead of google.com, and searched for Gattuso... the first pic that came up was indeed the gay pic.

LOL... Google is just in tune with its ghey French audience.
    Same thing for Google.it

I'm hoping for Germany to win it all, but you just never know about that team.

They were flat out owned by Spain in the final. Overall in Euro '08, they didn't play up to expectations (realistic or not). I'm hoping Joachim Low has improved with time and matches, and has them playing up a notch or two.

They sucked all the way to the Final...
    LOL, I forgot they were in the final against Spain. My bad.

Still, they lost, so.... you could say they blew it hardcore in the final, and are so embarrassed that it has affected their program for years -- nay, decades -- to come.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL, I forgot they were in the final against Spain. My bad.

Still, they lost, so.... you could say they blew it hardcore in the final, and are so embarrassed that it has affected their program for years -- nay, decades -- to come.
    Actually our teams are the ones who got pretty embarrassed..

Actually our teams are the ones who got pretty embarrassed..
    That was every bit of a group of death we were in... at least Italy survived it

Jets Insider VIP
    That was every bit of a group of death we were in... at least Italy survived it
    Small consolation for being thrashed by the Dutch and a penalty save by Buffon away from complete shame.

Small consolation for being thrashed by the Dutch and a penalty save by Buffon away from complete shame.
    And what a save that was!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    They were flat out owned by Spain in the final. Overall in Euro '08, they didn't play up to expectations (realistic or not). I'm hoping Joachim Low has improved with time and matches, and has them playing up a notch or two.
    I'm not really that much into the National team, (I can't bring myself to completely root for a team with sewerbird players on it) but I have to say, Germany wouldn't have made it to the final had we been a complete squad in the semis against them. We were playing 2 midfielders in the back 4 our and our reserve goalie. We had only 4 or f5 substitutes because of all the injuries and suspentions. Even so the Germans only squeeked by on a last minute goal by Lahm to win 3-2.

THey weren't as bad as teh ghey bros in blue down south of course but the Germans were the Germans. efficient but nothing spectacular. I expect the same from them again.

And you guys know there's still a whole year until the world cup right?

If the WC was this year I'd expect an Argentina-Spain final. But a full year will change a lot.

Jets Insider VIP
    If the WC was this year I'd expect an Argentina-Spain final. But a full year will change a lot.
    Agreed. I'd pay serious cash to see that game.

Paulie, what's the starting team for Italy right now?

Especially defenders. Isn't everyone going to be like 40 come WC time?

I'm not really that much into the National team, (I can't bring myself to completely root for a team with sewerbird players on it) but I have to say, Germany wouldn't have made it to the final had we been a complete squad in the semis against them. We were playing 2 midfielders in the back 4 our and our reserve goalie. We had only 4 or f5 substitutes because of all the injuries and suspentions. Even so the Germans only squeeked by on a last minute goal by Lahm to win 3-2.

THey weren't as bad as teh ghey bros in blue down south of course but the Germans were the Germans. efficient but nothing spectacular. I expect the same from them again.

And you guys know there's still a whole year until the world cup right?

Turkey played their asses off that tournament, and supplied some of the best drama one could hope for. I forget exactly the sequence of events, but some insanely well timed spectacular goals in closing seconds to force OT if I remember right.

When Germany had a rough time closing out a depleted Turkey squad, I think it was a given they would flop vs Spain. I haven't watched the national team lately, but I gather Low is bringing in some young blood to shake things up. As you said, lots of time between now and then...

Speaking of which, if Paulie and Duke are already hurling grenades, this can only get better as we get closer.