Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirtstar I Am Calling You Out

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    what would be great is if the americans chokes and misses the world cup and all 16 soccer fans in the country have to follow friggin angola or some ****.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny View Post
    what would be great is if the americans chokes and misses the world cup and all 16 soccer fans in the country have to follow friggin angola or some ****.

lol...

that won't happen, though. they just had a slip-up in CR, but then again, the US Team has NEVER won in Saprissa Stadium and has lost 6 in a row.

after Mexico's Azteca Stadium, Saprissa is one of the toughest venues in CONCACAF -- small field, difficult surface, ROCKIN' crowd, visitors lockerrom right under the rowdiest fans, to the point where the building actually shakes...

the Americans have always had a tough time here, and yesterday was no different. i fully expect them to recover, though. they have a very good team, top to bottom, and should comfortably grab one of the Top 2 spots in qualifying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    lol... all 3 goals were great though, the first with Saborio splitting defenders and shooting across the body with the left (he's right-handed, er, footed); the second with the collective game between Ruiz and Sirias, and the nice half-volley from Borges, and the third with just an unbelievable (really, i still don't believe it) play from Herrera.

to be completely honest, it looked as the the US Pfailed in the scouting department. the way they played some of our guys tells me they had no clue who they were, and didn't respect them. they kept the focus on Centeno and Herron, and left guys like Ruiz and Borges with a ton of room to operate.
    We were had a lot of injuries going into the game. Combined that with the fact we never made it tough for us. I think that the team kind of knew they were facing tough odds here and after the first goal they kind of just gave up. It was disappointing to see that kind of effort.

I feel bad for Tim Howard . His stats take a hit and its undeserved. He didn't play badly last night There was nothing he could do to stop any of those goals. All three of those goals were amazing and 100% the fault of the defense. Bocanegra and Onyewu played terribly last night, Marvell Wynne sucks donkey dick, and Beasley is past it now. None of the midfielders were any help defensively either last night.

The only guy who seemed to give a **** out there other than Howard was Charlie Davies. He came on late but played well in the 10 or so minutes he was on.

it's not literally Astroturf, but it's not a very high-quality surface, either. besides, they've had a ton of concerts and other events in this stadium over the past few years, which has deteriorated the field. the really need to re-surface in the near future, but it probably won't happen for another couple of years until the new National Stadium is completed.
    Why are they building a new National Stadium? The home field advantage they have now is ridiculous. It would be crazy to give that up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Why are they building a new National Stadium? The home field advantage they have now is ridiculous. It would be crazy to give that up.
    well, the old National Stadium was falling apart, for one. also, the Chinese Government is donatin a new 35,000-seat stadium, so can't really complain

but you're right, Saprissa Stadium has been huge for us, i'm sure we'll continue to use it for a lot of games.