Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lebron skips post game presser...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I don't know why his teammates are so loyal too him, its not like he returns the favor, I mean he can't even make a committment to remain with his hometown team and in that press conference at MSG he could not have been more dismissive of his city, team and teammates

OBTW, please don't tell me its because Cleveland is a losing organization, so were the Bulls when Jordan got there, they were perennial losers, an absolute joke, but he was committed to turning that franchise around, and he wasn't even born & raised in Chicago like LeBron was in Cleveland!!

Also, I just don't like the way this kid has been deified by the media since H.S. with all that King James crap, and he's basically been anointed "the chosen one" since before he even played one game in the NBA, and then to make matters worse there are actually a significant number of people who dare to suggest he may someday be better than Jordan, including the so called experts, even Jerry West , which IMO is the biggest joke of all

Lastly, call me a cynic but I'm convinced most of this is calculated and has been orchestrated by David Stern and his PR people, because the NBA was growing less and less popular and he felt like he desperately needed a savior, another Jordan, and he chose LeBron from day one, then proceeded to market the kid like he was indeed the next Air Jordan

So I'm insulted by this whole sham and I absolutely refuse to be manipulated by Stern, ESPN and Madison Ave

As for tonite, I think we saw the real LeBron James and not the heavily marketed version, IMO we got a glimpse at the real spoiled kid who has essentially been deified since H.S. and has a real sense of entitlement

The way he acted tonite, that was quintessential spoiled brat
    Gimme a break with this marketing conspiracy b.s. Of course they had the intention of making him the face of the league. When you have someone with the talent to be a top 5 player ALL TIME your gonna put him on the cover of anything and everything!Everyone seems to forget the NBA is a BUSINESS just like any other sport. And they need to bring their product to the masses. Lebron is a household name that any man, women or child can recognize... can you say the same about ilgauskas, odom, rashard lewis???
    Lebron is a Physical beast, makes incredible plays on a nightly basis that just blow your mind, wins games (no championships yet but theyll come) etc.. so why would you not put him in every highlight reel, cereal box, poster w.e. Just think of what the world would be like if instead of lebron coverage it was non stop hedo turkglu coverage.

And people need to get over this "I dont like him cause they anointed him king when he was a kid" stuff. He was a freak in H.S. who dominated that level, proceeded to average 20,5,5 as an 18 yr old rookie! Name another player that has done that in the modern era. All the HYPE he gets is well deserved. Whether he has a ring to show for it yet or not He is the single most dominant force in the NBA right now. And stop with the jordan comparisons! He is not jordan, jordan is not lebron. they are two seperate beasts. + Jordan didnt win anything either untill he was 6+ yrs in the league and had a few years at UNC on top of that. And yea go watch some tape Jordan use to get referee help alll the time and got away with more stuff then the usual player. I mean hello the game winner vs. utah where he completly threw his defender to the side.

Now to the issue of him staying in Cleveland. How can anyone possibly fault him for not committing to Cleveland yet. Hello hes probably the biggest athlete in the world right now and you want him constrained to Cleveland? Yea i get it, it would be special if the hometown hero stayed his whole career and brought some trophies and goes down as a local legend. But these are all feeble constructs created by us fans so we can go aww what a great story. Would you want to stay in Cleveland for 10+ years if you could move to a Major city like NY and be the KING?

Quote Originally Posted by SantanaMoss83 View Post
    Gimme a break with this marketing conspiracy b.s. Of course they had the intention of making him the face of the league. When you have someone with the talent to be a top 5 player ALL TIME your gonna put him on the cover of anything and everything!Everyone seems to forget the NBA is a BUSINESS just like any other sport. And they need to bring their product to the masses. Lebron is a household name that any man, women or child can recognize... can you say the same about ilgauskas, odom, rashard lewis???
    Lebron is a Physical beast, makes incredible plays on a nightly basis that just blow your mind, wins games (no championships yet but theyll come) etc.. so why would you not put him in every highlight reel, cereal box, poster w.e. Just think of what the world would be like if instead of lebron coverage it was non stop hedo turkglu coverage.

And people need to get over this "I dont like him cause they anointed him king when he was a kid" stuff. He was a freak in H.S. who dominated that level, proceeded to average 20,5,5 as an 18 yr old rookie! Name another player that has done that in the modern era. All the HYPE he gets is well deserved. Whether he has a ring to show for it yet or not He is the single most dominant force in the NBA right now. And stop with the jordan comparisons! He is not jordan, jordan is not lebron. they are two seperate beasts. + Jordan didnt win anything either untill he was 6+ yrs in the league and had a few years at UNC on top of that. And yea go watch some tape Jordan use to get referee help alll the time and got away with more stuff then the usual player. I mean hello the game winner vs. utah where he completly threw his defender to the side.

Now to the issue of him staying in Cleveland. How can anyone possibly fault him for not committing to Cleveland yet. Hello hes probably the biggest athlete in the world right now and you want him constrained to Cleveland? Yea i get it, it would be special if the hometown hero stayed his whole career and brought some trophies and goes down as a local legend. But these are all feeble constructs created by us fans so we can go aww what a great story. Would you want to stay in Cleveland for 10+ years if you could move to a Major city like NY and be the KING?
    the Lebron to NY thing is a pipe dream and aint going to happen....let it go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    So he's going to go to the Knicks feeling better?

The only thing that's going to bring him there is the $$$

Please don't think it's the chance of winning a title that's the main factor in heading there...
    From everything I've read and heard, winning a title is of paramount importance to LBJ.

BTW, all this hate is sickening. And Ham, allowing now TWO steroid threads to remain open when there is no substantiation (that I'm aware of). That's not like you.

All League
    Ham, i can understand most of what your saying but i will say this. Im not sure if the guy cares so much about winning that the emotion just got to him last nite . i kind of get that feeling about him, but i could be wrong.

Also i think Jordan would have left an organization that he felt was going in the wrong direction. Again i could be wrong, but didnt he have a say in his first coach being fired?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    kind of a ***** move if you ask me, the superstars face the music and don't send out Mo Williams as the "representative for the Cleveland players" to blame the ref's.

Why would this surprise anyone?? They only come out to talk their mumbo jumbo and flash their gold teeth and jewelry when they are winning.

agreed, but you have to be fair....the guys legs were bleeding from trying to carry the bunch of bums on his team. Jordan was the greatest closer in sports, but even he had SOME help.
    Oh really Mike didn't win jacksh*t until he shared the ball and placed trust in his teammates. LeBron refers to his teammates as his supporting cast and my shooters is he on that team all alone he is a spoiled brat that benefits from alot of BS calls in his favor and is no more than Dominique Wilkins reincarnated score a ton of points but can't win big games he hasn't learned how to make his teammates better and may never.....................

You have to admit LeBron was unusually big even as a kid and he does have that huge pumpkin head

But that aside, its just kobe (the poster) being kobe, and I think everyone knows he's just playing a character

Anyway, I don't think anyone is taking that stuff very serious, but if you guys tell me you want me to close those threads I will ... if two or three more posters want them closed, just say so and I'll close them
    James gained weight his 10th and 11th grade years lots of it could it have been steroids it's possible but I don't think so. His mom finally got her act together and instead of living on the go he had a settled home life I believe that factored into his weight gain.

I dont hate Lebron as much as someone on this board.

But I lose respect for him based on his post-game behavior last night.

Not shaking hands and no press conference is bush league.

Even Kobe comes out when he loses and congrats the other team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Ham, you dislike the guy.. Why exactly?

Seriously, have you ever heard him speak? have you seen what his teammates have to say about him? He's a "spoiled" child is wayyyyyyyy off

False bravado? He is arguably the best player in the game, and pretty certainly the most well rounded.. Is he comparable to Jordan? No, but neither is Kobe who has been compared to his Airness a lot more. At least throw hate hate hate ridden tantrums towards him too. Be consistent Ham

But I won't even continue, this post is just dripping with irrational hate.

As for him walking out and not talking to the media, I couldn't care less about that. Him not staying on the court and giving the Magic some dap to me meant more....
    It's because Lebron plays in the nba and came in the league after most NYers soured on the nba. So automatically he's a spoiled thug.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 05-31-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Banned
    Yeah he got Doug Collins fired and he was right, Collins was awful and obviously Phil Jackson is a HOF coach, but he never even entertained the idea of leaving Chicago despite the fact that they stunk when they drafted Jordan, they were like the LA Clippers before he got there, but he stuck it out and turned that organization into a dynasty
    You're talking about stuff that happened back in the 80's. Completely different world back then. Pro athletes - not just basketball players - didn't have nearly as much rights, pull or leverage as they do today.

And I'm sure if St. Jordan never got Scottie Pippen, Charles Oakley (leading rebounder in the nba when he was a Bull), and later on Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman he would have ditched Chicago -

Oh wait but he did. He retired when he was 30 years old. I understand his father died but who the hell still retires at the age of 30 at the peak of his career? Plenty of pro athletes suffer tragedies every year yet you don't hear about them retiring. Brett Favre played the next week after his father died. If every person who suffered a tragedy quit therir jobs the world would fall apart. He ditched the Bulls so he could suck as a baseball player.

Jordan ditched Chicago again in '98 b/c he couldn't get along with Jerry Reinsdorf - wah wah. For years after that Jordan was even telling free agents not to sign with Chicago - great loyalty to your team and city right there.

Jordan is also a gambling addict who cheated on his wife and had an extra-marital kid. Was an awful GM in Washington and now Charlotte - almost as bad as Isiah or maybe worse. But since he played in the 80's and 90's and doesn't have tatoos and is generally a quiet guy people say he's a class act and Saint .
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 05-31-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    From everything I've read and heard, winning a title is of paramount importance to LBJ.

BTW, all this hate is sickening. And Ham, allowing now TWO steroid threads to remain open when there is no substantiation (that I'm aware of). That's not like you.
    ya boy has proof he used roids

read tha thread lil homie

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets View Post
    ya boy has proof he used roids

read tha thread lil homie
    Proof?

You mean that untitled "quote" you found on the internet?

agreed, but you have to be fair....the guys legs were bleeding from trying to carry the bunch of bums on his team. Jordan was the greatest closer in sports, but even he had SOME help.
    +1

I hardly watched a NBA game this season until watching the Cavs-Magic series.

All I could think is how the heck did the Cavs have the best record in the regular season.

Cavs also matched up terribly against the Magic. Magic were too big and quick for the Cavs. Besides Lebron and West the Cavs really don't have anyone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

What a loser crybaby b*tch:

Can somebody please tell LeBron James that "King" is not an official title?

James and his Cleveland Cavaliers just lost to Orlando in the Eastern Conference finals, and really, that should have been the low point of his week. It was not. LeBron followed up by refusing to shake hands with the Magic, storming out of Amway Arena in Orlando without answering reporters' questions and then defending himself when he was finally cornered Sunday.

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said.

I'm with you on that, LeBron. Absolutely, it is hard. Not as hard as, say, putting in 12-hour days at a manufacturing plant, and certainly not as hard as getting laid off from the aforementioned manufacturing plant, but it's hard.

"I'm a winner," James continued, and I'll let that one slide, because he played like a winner even if his team did not. But then he said this:

"It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me."

Well, it does make sense to me. And you know who agrees with me?

Michael Jordan!

''I think Isiah did a heck of a job leading his team,'' Jordan said in June 1990 after he lost to his least favorite team (the Pistons) and one of his least favorite players (Isiah Thomas) in the Eastern Conference finals. ''He initiated things and that's what he needed to do."

LeBron also said, "It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand," but actually, it makes plenty of sense. And you know who agrees with me?

Magic Johnson!

"You hear so much talk about him as an individual player," Magic said in 1991, after Jordan's Bulls beat his Lakers, "but he's proved everyone wrong with this championship."

If you gave Jordan the choice between complimenting Isiah and having his tongue removed without an anesthetic, he would have asked you for a pair of pliers. And Magic, one of the most competitive athletes ever, surely did not like Jordan knocking him off his throne.

You're not supposed to like it. But you are supposed to do it.

LeBron needs to understand that.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9...ime-to-grow-up

I hear ya Buzz...

As a matter of fact, when I first heard that, my thoughts immediately went to the UFC and other sports that actually involve an 'ass kicking' and think about the hugs and congratulations given afterward...

Unreal, this guy has put himself on a pedestal and he needs to get down...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Coming from a Kobe fan, this is hilarious

Veteran
    Shows a lack of maturity and leadership, imo. How hard is it to go out there, give them props, make a statement for next season, then go home? He'll learn.

For a kid who was put under more scrutiny than anyone EVER at the age of 16-17...how can you say he hasn't handled it all extremely well? Yes, he made a big mistake leaving the building after that loss, but he will learn from that. His competitive nature is unmatched in basketball and that definitely played into his mistake.

But..don't forget.. he isn't as athletic as Isiah Thomas

Yeah he got Doug Collins fired and he was right, Collins was awful and obviously Phil Jackson is a HOF coach, but he never even entertained the idea of leaving Chicago despite the fact that they stunk when they drafted Jordan, they were like the LA Clippers before he got there, but he stuck it out and turned that organization into a dynasty
    link?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Coming from a Kobe fan, this is hilarious
    Makes no sense. Kobe's always been gracious in defeat.