Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still no word from Manny?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Still no word from Manny?

Seriously? A guy who might be the best hitter of this era was caught with a failed drug test, told an obvious lie through his agent, was shown it was a lie, and has yet to say a word about it? Am I the only one who thinks its absurd that he hasn't even had a press conference about his failed drug test?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine if A-Rod ignored it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering Manny's history, I don't find it absurd. At all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    +1.

Why should he give a press conference? What's he gonna say?

He'll do his time and come back and make his millions.

It is what it is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well at some point of time, he's going to have to address it, no?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ask Jordy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Seriously? A guy who might be the best hitter of this era was caught with a failed drug test, told an obvious lie through his agent, was shown it was a lie, and has yet to say a word about it? Am I the only one who thinks its absurd that he hasn't even had a press conference about his failed drug test?
    Manny already tried to deny it and nobody except for die-hard yankee-haters and sux fans believed him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why?

There's no rule a player has to say anything about a suspension.

Plus Torre will cover his ass. "Manny spoke to the team and the players have all moved on...blah blah blah..."

Manny gets a standing O first at-bat back, leads LA into the playoffs...good times.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    They would hound him to the grave either way .. if he talked, didn't talk, whispered, screamed, whatever

I think we all see the double standard, it couldn't be more obvious or unfair
    But you have to ask why is that? Thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why? Do you care? I don't. The guy is a a-hole, always has been.

What do you want to hear? More of the same lame excuses? Why it isn't really his fault? How much pressure he's under? Spare me. I'm sick of the steroids crap. Suspend him and anyone else that comes along. And then let's not give these douches any more mind.

F him. There's nothing he can do or say that will ever redeem him in the eyes of baseball fans. He's a guy with "A+" baseball ability and "F" human ability. And now his career is forever tainted.

Enough with the drama. Save it for People Magazine and the tabloid TV shows. I just want the games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Why?

There's no rule a player has to say anything about a suspension.

Plus Torre will cover his ass. "Manny spoke to the team and the players have all moved on...blah blah blah..."

Manny gets a standing O first at-bat back, leads LA into the playoffs...good times.
    Because, I would assume, every reporter will ask him questions about it after every single game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why? Do you care? I don't. The guy is a a-hole, always has been.

What do you want to hear? More of the same lame excuses? Why it isn't really his fault? How much pressure he's under? Spare me. I'm sick of the steroids crap. Suspend him and anyone else that comes along. And then let's not give these douches any more mind.

F him. There's nothing he can do or say that will ever redeem him in the eyes of baseball fans. He's a guy with "A+" baseball ability and "F" human ability. And now his career is forever tainted.

Enough with the drama. Save it for People Magazine and the tabloid TV shows. I just want the games.
    Well to be honest, I just don't find it fair that A-Rod had to have a big press conference that was analyzed by everyone while Manny does nothing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    +1.

Why should he give a press conference? What's he gonna say?

He'll do his time and come back and make his millions.

It is what it is.
    Agreed. He has no obligation to explain anything to anyone except his teammates and employer. The sport is rife with players taking PED's, he's just another guy that got caught.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Agreed. He has no obligation to explain anything to anyone except his teammates and employer. The sport is rife with players taking PED's, he's just another guy that got caught.
    If reporters continue to ask him and all his teammates about his lie though, doesn't he have an obligation to say something to get rid of the distraction?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, since you asked...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4246848

The dreadlocked slugger, who also talked to manager Joe Torre, told reporters he isn't going to formally address the media about what led to his 50-game ban because it's in the past.

"I don't want to be a distraction for this team," Ramirez said. "What happened, happened. I spoke to [owner] Frank McCourt, I apologized, I spoke to Joe, my teammates and I'm ready to move on.

"I didn't kill nobody, I didn't rape nobody, so that's it, I'm just going to come and play the game."

The fact that he spoke at all could be a problem, however. The terms of his suspension restrict him from addressing reporters, ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney reported. It's not known if he would face further discipline from Major League Baseball.
    So in short, we haven't heard from Manny because of the terms of his suspension. Which he may have just broke anyway, but really, that's besides the point. Oh, and when the suspensions over we still won't be hearing from Manny because he's not here to talk about the past. No one held that against Mark McGwire right, so shouldn't we show Manny the same type of respect?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I didn't kill nobody, I didn't rape nobody, so that's it, I'm just going to come and play the game."

There ya go kids. The modern day athlete in a nutshell. Rock on Manny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I should not be shocked but Manny plays parts of two games after coming back from suspension and needs a day off because he not in baseball shape?

What the hell was he doing while he was suspended? ARod had hip surgery and played how many straight games when he came back? Manny, fully healthy, could not work out enough on his own?

As I said, should not be surprised but this is just further proof of what a loser this guy is.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    So I should not be shocked but Manny plays parts of two games after coming back from suspension and needs a day off because he not in baseball shape?

What the hell was he doing while he was suspended? ARod had hip surgery and played how many straight games when he came back? Manny, fully healthy, could not work out enough on his own?

As I said, should not be surprised but this is just further proof of what a loser this guy is.
    No one disagrees with you at this point. Except Dodger fans.

As long as he is hitting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post

The Dodgers won and Juan Pierre went 4 for 7. Torre knows how to handle the situation. Don't hate

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    They would hound him to the grave either way .. if he talked, didn't talk, whispered, screamed, whatever

I think we all see the double standard, it couldn't be more obvious or unfair
    Exactly. We knew he did it. He said he did it. Are we still talking about it? No. Certainly not as much as if he denied it.

Sure there's a little uncertainty as to WHEN he started/stopped, with reports he started as early as high school, but it doesn't really matter. At the end of the day he took steroids and we will no longer look at him as "clean" anymore, like the MLB wanted it. MLB wanted A-Rod to be the new "clean" HR king and did everything they could to present it like that but in the end the truth was revealed and it will continue to be for other sluggers of the steroid era.