Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still no word from Manny?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Well to be honest, I just don't find it fair that A-Rod had to have a big press conference that was analyzed by everyone while Manny does nothing.
    Why is it not fair. A-Rod didn't have to have press conference, he chose to. Manny has chosen not to.

A-Rod didn't have to tell Barbara Walters or whoever it was he had never taken steroids. Manny also chose to not to tell a member of the press he had never taken steroids(to my knowledge).

Manny failed a test for ILLEGAL PED's and was suspended, that is fair.

A-Rod never failed a drug test under the same circumstances and was outed when he should not have been, that is completley unfair.

If A-Rod had not chosen to say on record that he had never taken steroids, he could, and in my opinion, would have done exactly what Manny is doing. What is the point in telling people what they already know.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 07-06-2009 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Why is it not fair. A-Rod didn't have to have press conference, he chose to. Manny has chosen not to.

A-Rod didn't have to tell Barbara Walters or whoever it was he had never taken . Manny also chose to not to tell a member of the press he had never taken steroids(to my knowledge).

Manny failed a test for ILLEGAL PED's and was , that is fair.

A-Rod never failed a under the same circumstances and was outed when he should not have been, that is completley unfair.

If A-Rod had not chosen to say on record that he had never taken steroids, he could, and in my opinion, would have done exactly what Manny is doing. What is the point in telling people what they already know.
    There is a video out there where Manny laughs at the possiblity of taking PED's... I couldn't find it, but it's out there. It was in one of the Manny threads when the story first broke.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    There is a video out there where Manny laughs at the possiblity of taking PED's... I couldn't find it, but it's out there. It was in one of the Manny threads when the story first broke.
    I stand corrected on that point, but I still don't believe it was unfair how either handled the situation, that was their decision, and ultimately they each decided how to go about it.

I will also stress that I don't believe that the way A-Rod's situation came to light is fair by any stretch of the imagination, it's a complete crock, but he could have handeled it just the same as Manny, and I honestly don't think there would be any more or any less talk about it right now if he had.