Thread: Day 1 of Shopping for US: Jones turns back on Germany to play for USA

Day 1 of Shopping for US: Jones turns back on Germany to play for USA

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...up2010&cc=5901

This is great news. Jones is a damn good player. Unfortunately he's not available until August so he won't be playing in the Confederations Cup but whatever.

Veteran
    This creates quite the logjam at CM, specifically at the defensive, destroying midfield position. I've never seen Jones play, but apparently he was one of the top rated midfielders in the Bundesliga last year? Personally, i'd love to see Jones paired with Feilhaber. I strongly doubt Bob will ever leave his son out of the starting 11 though, which is one of my primary concerns with Bob. Maurice Edu also can't be counted out. He's getting glowing reviews in Glasgow and is another fantastic option to have. Also, Ricardo Clark is really progressing in my eyes. He had a great match against Honduras, breaking up many attacks and moving the ball very well into the offensive third. Great problem to have I guess.....

Quote Originally Posted by genom View Post
    This creates quite the logjam at CM, specifically at the defensive, destroying midfield position. I've never seen Jones play, but apparently he was one of the top rated midfielders in the Bundesliga last year? Personally, i'd love to see Jones paired with Feilhaber. I strongly doubt Bob will ever leave his son out of the starting 11 though, which is one of my primary concerns with Bob. Maurice Edu also can't be counted out. He's getting glowing reviews in Glasgow and is another fantastic option to have. Also, Ricardo Clark is really progressing in my eyes. He had a great match against Honduras, breaking up many attacks and moving the ball very well into the offensive third. Great problem to have I guess.....
    It'd be tough to leave Michael Bradley off the club. He's played well in the last year (yellow cards are a problem) and has been successful in Germany. I would think Feilhaber would be the odd man out.