Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: The NHL puts the NBA to shame

  1. #1

    The NHL puts the NBA to shame

    A huge 7 game series, big hits, raw emotions and the best trophy in sports... thank God hockey is back from the dead... it rightfully put the NBA finals to shame

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,710
    They both suck

  3. #3
    This was a joke... When you have to wonder about a team putting in full effort (Orlando) then you know a sport is screwed up.

    What a freaking joke. ANd Howard is horribly overrated. I wish they didn't waste everyones time and lost to Cleveland.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,392
    Agreed.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis,Ind
    Posts
    1,695
    Howard is a joke he is one of the worst big man in the league.....U let Paul Gasol do you in thats not a good thing

  6. #6
    NBA is so much better it's not even funny.

    One Stanley Cup finals doesn't change that.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    10,077
    What were the ratings on the hockey game, Jon and Kate Plus 8 reruns had a better rating.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    What were the ratings on the hockey game, Jon and Kate Plus 8 reruns had a better rating.
    The Jonas Brothers also sells more tickets and albums than The Mars Volta.

    Don't know who TMV is?

    Well... I feel bad for.


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    The Jonas Brothers also sells more tickets and albums than The Mars Volta.

    Don't know who TMV is?

    Well... I feel bad for.


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by manmrmoore View Post
    Howard is a joke he is one of the worst big man in the league.....U let Paul Gasol do you in thats not a good thing
    you must not watch basketball much..Pau Gasol behind KG is one one of the most skilled all around big men in the world. Howard is not one of the "worst big men in the league". He might not have much of a post game but he is amazing on the defensive end, hes got the drive to get better on offense and hes only 23 years old.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    you must not watch basketball much..Pau Gasol behind KG is one one of the most skilled all around big men in the world. Howard is not one of the "worst big men in the league". He might not have much of a post game but he is amazing on the defensive end, hes got the drive to get better on offense and hes only 23 years old.
    Gasol amazing on the defensive end? You kidding? Nice player and all but he has no quality that is amazing outside of the ugly factor.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Gasol amazing on the defensive end? You kidding? Nice player and all but he has no quality that is amazing outside of the ugly factor.
    That was about Howard on defense, and Howard is amazing on defense although he has no offensive game.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Why even compare them? One (the NHL) is one of the purest forms of sport known to man.

    The other is some terrible forgery of a game that has ceased to exist on a professional level in this country for over a decade and is almost as scripted and fixed as professional wrestling.

    Don't disrespect the NHL like that, please.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,710
    Yeah. The NBA gets more boring each year. It's pretty sad when the college level is so much better than the pro level. That tells you all you need to know right there.

  15. #15
    NBA gets worse and qworse every year. I feel like there is a foul call on every drive and these calls are week. If Oakley played now he would be fouled out 5 min into the game. Its a shame people dont watch Hockey it is in my opinion far better than basketball.

  16. #16
    Sorry for the mispelling.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    I can't make it thru 2 minutes of a hockey game unless one of the local teams is playing. I'm sorry but unless you have a rooting interest ice hockey absolutely sucks.

    NBA on the other hand I watch every year even though the Knicks haven't been decent since 2000.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 06-15-2009 at 04:19 PM.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by manmrmoore View Post
    Howard is a joke he is one of the worst big man in the league.....U let Paul Gasol do you in thats not a good thing
    Yeah that Dwight Howard guy sucks so bad grabbing 20 points and 15 rebounds almost every night. I'm sure the Magic would gladly give him to us in exchange for Eddy Curry and Danilio Gallinari.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,390
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I can't make it thru 2 minutes of a hockey game unless one of the local teams is playing. I'm sorry but unless you have a rooting interest ice hockey absolutely sucks.

    NBA on the other hand I watch every year even though the Knicks haven't been decent since 2000.
    Simply put, you don't appreciate the game (of hockey) then.

    So you could sit down and watch 4 quarters of the Thunder and the Wizards and say afterwards, "that was great."???

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,952
    I was going to watch hockey. and then I realized that I have no clue what channel the outdoor life network is.
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us