Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The NHL puts the NBA to shame

The NHL puts the NBA to shame

A huge 7 game series, big hits, raw emotions and the best trophy in sports... thank God hockey is back from the dead... it rightfully put the NBA finals to shame

Jets Insider VIP
    They both suck

This was a joke... When you have to wonder about a team putting in full effort (Orlando) then you know a sport is screwed up.

What a freaking joke. ANd Howard is horribly overrated. I wish they didn't waste everyones time and lost to Cleveland.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Agreed.

Veteran
    Howard is a joke he is one of the worst big man in the league.....U let Paul Gasol do you in thats not a good thing

NBA is so much better it's not even funny.

One Stanley Cup finals doesn't change that.

Hall Of Fame
    What were the ratings on the hockey game, Jon and Kate Plus 8 reruns had a better rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    What were the ratings on the hockey game, Jon and Kate Plus 8 reruns had a better rating.
    The Jonas Brothers also sells more tickets and albums than The Mars Volta.

Don't know who TMV is?

Well... I feel bad for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    The Jonas Brothers also sells more tickets and albums than The Mars Volta.

Don't know who TMV is?

Well... I feel bad for.

Quote Originally Posted by manmrmoore View Post
    Howard is a joke he is one of the worst big man in the league.....U let Paul Gasol do you in thats not a good thing
    you must not watch basketball much..Pau Gasol behind KG is one one of the most skilled all around big men in the world. Howard is not one of the "worst big men in the league". He might not have much of a post game but he is amazing on the defensive end, hes got the drive to get better on offense and hes only 23 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    you must not watch basketball much..Pau Gasol behind KG is one one of the most skilled all around big men in the world. Howard is not one of the "worst big men in the league". He might not have much of a post game but he is amazing on the defensive end, hes got the drive to get better on offense and hes only 23 years old.
    Gasol amazing on the defensive end? You kidding? Nice player and all but he has no quality that is amazing outside of the ugly factor.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Gasol amazing on the defensive end? You kidding? Nice player and all but he has no quality that is amazing outside of the ugly factor.
    That was about Howard on defense, and Howard is amazing on defense although he has no offensive game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why even compare them? One (the NHL) is one of the purest forms of sport known to man.

The other is some terrible forgery of a game that has ceased to exist on a professional level in this country for over a decade and is almost as scripted and fixed as professional wrestling.

Don't disrespect the NHL like that, please.

Veteran
    Yeah. The NBA gets more boring each year. It's pretty sad when the college level is so much better than the pro level. That tells you all you need to know right there.

NBA gets worse and qworse every year. I feel like there is a foul call on every drive and these calls are week. If Oakley played now he would be fouled out 5 min into the game. Its a shame people dont watch Hockey it is in my opinion far better than basketball.

Sorry for the mispelling.

Banned
    I can't make it thru 2 minutes of a hockey game unless one of the local teams is playing. I'm sorry but unless you have a rooting interest ice hockey absolutely sucks.

NBA on the other hand I watch every year even though the Knicks haven't been decent since 2000.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 06-15-2009 at 04:19 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by manmrmoore View Post
    Yeah that Dwight Howard guy sucks so bad grabbing 20 points and 15 rebounds almost every night. I'm sure the Magic would gladly give him to us in exchange for Eddy Curry and Danilio Gallinari.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I can't make it thru 2 minutes of a hockey game unless one of the local teams is playing. I'm sorry but unless you have a rooting interest ice hockey absolutely sucks.

NBA on the other hand I watch every year even though the Knicks haven't been decent since 2000.
    Simply put, you don't appreciate the game (of hockey) then.

So you could sit down and watch 4 quarters of the Thunder and the Wizards and say afterwards, "that was great."???

Jets Insider VIP
    I was going to watch hockey. and then I realized that I have no clue what channel the outdoor life network is.
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA