Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official Confederations Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    not to be an *******, but what did you guys think was gonna happen against Italy and Brazil???

those teams are just on a completely different level, it's like they're playing another sport. the best a CONCACAF team can hope for against such teams is not to get completely, and utterly embarrassed.

OR you can take the Bora Milutinovic approach and jam your side of the field with 10 defenders and pray for the draw.
    You answered your own question there. All I wanted from this tournament was to not get embarrassed in the first two games and to get a win against Egypt.

Part 1 failed and I'm not sure that Part 2 is anymore likely.

I realize that Brazil has much more talent than we do but there is no excuse to look like that out there. Where the **** was the preparation and the effort? If you are not as good as your opponent you should at least train harder than them and play harder than them. Nope not us. A goal in the 7th minute off a free kick are you kidding me? Thats basic ****. Why was no one marking that guy?

Bob Bradley has got to go. This was a ****ing embarrassment. Why the **** does he insist on sending Beasley out there? He's done. Why is the last one in the world to figure that out the ****ing coach of the national team?

Oh and **** the refs. Two games and two bull**** reds. It didn't really matter in this game but still **** you whoever you are.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    You answered your own question there. All I wanted from this tournament was to not get embarrassed in the first two games and to get a win against Egypt.

Part 1 failed and I'm not sure that Part 2 is anymore likely.

I realize that Brazil has much more talent than we do but there is no excuse to look like that out there. Where the **** was the preparation and the effort? If you are not as good as your opponent you should at least train harder than them and play harder than them. Nope not us. A goal in the 7th minute off a free kick are you kidding me? Thats basic ****. Why was no one marking that guy?

Bob Bradley has got to go. This was a ****ing embarrassment. Why the **** does he insist on sending Beasley out there? He's done. Why is the last one in the world to figure that out the ****ing coach of the national team?

Oh and **** the refs. Two games and two bull**** reds. It didn't really matter in this game but still **** you whoever you are.
    alright, so this is more of a coaching issue than just the fact that you lost those 2 games.

and i agree -- Bradley is an ******* and should be fired. from playing favorites with his son to sticking with guys who are in serious slumps, the guy just strikes me as a stubborn, tough guy wannabe who just doesn't have the connection with his players or the track record to pull it off.

he tries to act like Arena, but his guys just don't buy into his **** anymore. it's actually very reminiscent of BB and Mangini. yikes

alright, so this is more of a coaching issue than just the fact that you lost those 2 games.

and i agree -- Bradley is an ******* and should be fired. from playing favorites with his son to sticking with guys who are in serious slumps, the guy just strikes me as a stubborn, tough guy wannabe who just doesn't have the connection with his players or the track record to pull it off.

he tries to act like Arena, but his guys just don't buy into his **** anymore. it's actually very reminiscent of BB and Mangini. yikes
    Hey leave Michael out of this. He's a damn good player and deserves his spot on the team.

That actually brings up a fairly good point though. Besides providing Michael's mother with his seed I can't really think anything else Bob did right.

Hey leave Michael out of this. He's a damn good player and deserves his spot on the team.

That actually brings up a fairly good point though. Besides providing Michael's mother with his seed I can't really think anything else Bob did right.
    i like Mike Bradley as a player, but the US has a lot of good players at that position that should at least be getting a look, and you get the feeling that as long as Bob is HC, Michael will be untouchable.

if the US is gonna make a coaching change, RIGHT NOW is the time to do it. you're comfortably in 2nd place in qualifying, and even if Mexico recovers, i don't see any of the other teams stepping up to bounce the US (or Costa Rica, for that matter) out of the top 3. but if the US continues its poor streak, then you could drop right into a dogfight with Mexico, Honduras and El Salvador.

with the Gold Cup coming up, and almost two months before the next qualifying game, this is the perfect time to make a change. if you don't make it now, then you gotta ride with Bradley all the way to the WC.

I wouldn't say Bradley shouldn't be untouchable, but I don't think the US has midfielders that are better than him.
    Beasley is an inexplicable play... Dempsey should not be playing, I don't care if he starts for Fulham, he just doesn't seem to care when he plays for US. Or he certainly acts like it.

Also, I understand that US fans all overrate Adu, but what is there to lose by putting him in after the 70th minute, or instead of Conor Casey. There's some ridiculous notion of "not being match fit" but that didn't keep other guys off the field.

As for starting 0-2. That's not as bothersome as why they are 0-2. They looked good for large parts of the Italy game, Donovan created 3 chances that could have easily been goals if the US had anyone who could finish. But against Brazil, they were totally embarrassed in every way. They didn't mark players, and they didn't complete passes.
    The 2nd goal was one of the most disgraceful goals I've seen allowed by the US. That's just a lack of concentration.

They need to go in a different direction at coach. I just don't know if they will.

If they lose to both Egypt and Mexico by 2 goals or more, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a change. The team continues to make reckless tackles (and even if I don't agree with the call, they are certainly reckless), and they played with 0 heart.

Someone named Homos just scored for Egypt. lol Homos

Someone named Homos just scored for Egypt. lol Homos
    Homos score all the time

Homos score all the time
    blech pitooey. ( 32Green)

Italy are getting smashed by Brazil. If it stays like this and you guys win 3-0 you could go through on goals scored.

Probably for the best that you don't, you would only play Spain next

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a stunning turn around!

I stil think Bradley is a lousy coach who makes lousy subs, but a 3-0 win with their backs against the wall, and help from Brazil. You certainly can't argue with that.

Still, how neither Torres nor Adu saw the field today was insane. Adu, I kind of understand, even if I don't agree with it. But Torres made 1 terrible mistake against Costa Rica, and it's like he hasn't been forgiven.

Anyhow, LETS HEAR FOR THE USA!!! STUNNING

All League
    THEY DID IT!! THEY DID IT!!!!! THEY STEPPED UP IN THE CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!

USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    semi finals....spain...225pm eastern....wed......be there

and italy dominated 80 minutes, but those 10 staright minutes before half they really f'd up...3 goals in the last 10 min of the first half....there always world cup for the azzurri, hopefully repeat champs

Bradley lucks up and gets to coach another game..lolz

Still, the players gutted up a bit so you have to give them credit.

Torres can't seem to buy his way on the field right now. Really like to see him in there vs Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    and italy dominated 80 minutes, but those 10 staright minutes before half they really f'd up...3 goals in the last 10 min of the first half....there always world cup for the azzurri, hopefully repeat champs

umm, what game were you watching??

Brazil controlled that game from start to finish.

not to be an *******, but what did you guys think was gonna happen against Italy and Brazil???

those teams are just on a completely different level, it's like they're playing another sport. the best a CONCACAF team can hope for against such teams is not to get completely, and utterly embarrassed.

OR you can take the Bora Milutinovic approach and jam your side of the field with 10 defenders and pray for the draw.
    Dude, the time for the US to hope for that they keep the game close against the soccer powers of the world has come and gone. This isn't 20 years ago or even 10 years ago. The US (and, for that matter, a couple other teams in CONCACAF) CAN play against some of the best teams in the world, and they have. How quickly people forget that the United States drew against Italy in the last World Cup and would have won if not for a bs offsides call (keep in mind that that game was on a much bigger stage.) So, when the US gets blown out by the Italys and Brazils of the world, fans have every reason to be upset, because we have seen our team compete with them.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    THEY DID IT!! THEY DID IT!!!!! THEY STEPPED UP IN THE CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!

USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    semi finals....spain...225pm eastern....wed......be there

Brazil beat the ever loving **** out of italy

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Dude, the time for the US to hope for that they keep the game close against the soccer powers of the world has come and gone. This isn't 20 years ago or even 10 years ago. The US (and, for that matter, a couple other teams in CONCACAF) CAN play against some of the best teams in the world, and they have. How quickly people forget that the United States drew against Italy in the last World Cup and would have won if not for a bs offsides call (keep in mind that that game was on a much bigger stage.) So, when the US gets blown out by the Italys and Brazils of the world, fans have every reason to be upset, because we have seen our team compete with them.
    you're entitled to your opinion, i just happen to disagree.

CONCACAF teams just don't have the talent, top to bottom, to compete against the best in the world. that doesn't mean that you can't hope that they will make it closer, or that fans aren't allowed to get upset when their teams get trashed.

it just means that, more often than not, the final score will be very much in favor of the other team. i'm not saying that US fans should "celebrate" a 3-0 loss to Brazil, i'm just saying that you shouldn't be surprised when it happens.

All League
    the third place game is crazy!!!!!

that free kick was absolutly sick

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Old Glory is flying on the porch today. Going to Newark to hang w/ the Portuguese. Go USA!