Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The battle of the AL East (Standings and News)

Banned

The battle of the AL East (Standings and News)

Boston: 38-25
    Yankees: 36-27
    Tampa Bay: 34-31
    Toronto: 34-31
    Baltimore: 27-36

Some news: The Rays are 7-3 over the past 10 games, 5 game winning streak and the Rays also have the best major league record since May 30th with a record of 26-16

Some news: The Rays bullpen has not allowed a single run in over 22+ innings of work.

sweet news bro

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    sweet news bro
    Those are some things that Yankee fans may not be aware of. I'm pretty sure not alot of fans around baseball knew that the Rays had the best overall record since April 30th.

Also, the Rays are not getting alot of attention for the way their bullpen has playing as of late. I even seen a fan on this site say something like "The Rays bullpen is pretty bad here in 2009" Which was quite funny for the simple fact...This Rays bullpen has the 3rd best era of all AL team.

Oh yeah...Jason Bartlett is healthy and playing today, he's finially off the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Those are some things that Yankee fans may not be aware of. I'm pretty sure not alot of fans around baseball knew that the Rays had the best overall record since April 30th.

Also, the Rays are not getting alot of attention for the way their bullpen has playing as of late. I even seen a fan on this site say something like "The Rays bullpen is pretty bad here in 2009" Which was quite funny for the simple fact...This Rays bullpen has the 3rd best era of all AL team.

Oh yeah...Jason Bartlett is healthy and playing today, he's finially off the DL.
    You better hope his career numbers didn't come off the DL with him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    You better hope his career numbers didn't come off the DL with him.
    Actually... He had a .373 batting average going with an on base % of .418 with 30 RBI's, 7 HR's after 161 at bats before his minor injury

And guess what? He's 1-1 today since coming back and just scored a run here in the 2nd inning from 1st base on a tripple from Kapler!

3-0 Rays! Against the hottest team in baseball.

Banned
    Red Sox: 39-25
    Yankees: 37-27
    Tampa Bay: 35-31
    Toronto: 35-31
    Baltimore: 27-37

-Some news: The Rays just ended the Rockies 11 game winning streak last night by the score of 12-4.

-The Rays are 7-3 over the past 10 games with a 6 game winning streak, which is the longest winning streak in the Majors as of right now.

-The Rays bullpen pitched another 3+ innings last night without allowing a single run, until the 9th inning, where we allowed 1 run. This Rays bullpen just put up 25+ innings of pitching without allowing a run before they allowed that one run last night, impressive.

-Ben Zobrist is turning into another Rays superstar here in 2009! He's ranked 3rd in the league behind Mauer & Pujols with a slugging % of .694! Zobrist also has an on base % of .429 here in 2009...He's been lights out and it looks like the Rays found our 2nd baseman of the future.

-The Rays lineup was already #1 in runs scored heading into last nights game against the Rockies, 12 runs later...And it's safe to say that the Rays have the best lineup in the majors with Upton, Crawford, Longoria, Pena, Zobrist, Bartlett, Burrell, Navarro and Groos/Kapler.

-The Rays hit 5 HR's last night (Longoria, Upton, Pena, Zobrist, Kapler)

-Jason Bartlett made his return last night, looks like he has not missed a beat. He went 2/4 last night with a single, a double, an RBI along with two runs scored. He's been our MVP this year with his .376 batting average, .418 on base % to go along with 7 HR's/31 RBI's. It's his Defense thats been amazing though. It's nice to see him back with the team.

I can go on and on...So many different things are positive about the Rays right now. Kazmir is coming back.

Heck...David Price is about to get promoted to the #4 slot and even our #5 pitcher in Jeff Niemann is putting up impressive numbers from a #5 starter!

Niemann (Rookie) has 13 starts on the year with a record of 6-4, with an ERA of 4.21/ He's pitched 68.1 innings, has allowed 70 hits, 32 earned runs, 29 walks/44 K's, opponents have an opposing batting average of .270 against Niemann and I'm sorry...But he has to be the best #5 option in the game today. Kazmir is about to make his return later this week!

Shields
    Garza
    Kazmir
    Price
    Niemann

Our starting pitching is starting to pitch, our lineup is the best in the game here in 2009 and now our bullpen is hot? Our bullpen has the 3rd best ERA of the American League.

Watch out NYY fans, the Rays are only 3 games behind and coming for you're team like no tomorrow.

Some news: Rays are closer to last place than first.

I'm not a DWC2 hater like a lot of guys on here, but you just pour it on too much sometimes. If anybody actually cares enough, they will know this already and if they don't care, they aren't going to read these long ass posts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I'm not a DWC2 hater like a lot of guys on here, but you just pour it on too much sometimes. If anybody actually cares enough, they will know this already and if they don't care, they aren't going to read these long ass posts.
    I would love for a Yankees fan to give me info (As a Rays fan), that I'm not aware of. Hey, I think baseball is one of the best sports ever created and I enjoy reading info on just about each and every team in the AL East

Step up to the plate in this thread, give me some great info on the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I'm not a DWC2 hater like a lot of guys on here.
    Give it some time.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Give it some time.
    lolz

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by defensewinschampionships2 View Post

step up to the plate in this thread, give me some great info on the yankees

Banned
    The Rays are ranked 1st in runs scored with 379 runs.
    The Rays are ranked 1st in RBI's with 359
    The Rays are ranked 1st in stolen bases with 105 (Has only been thrown out 19 times)
    The Rays are ranked 1st with a stolen base % of 84.7

The Rays are ranked 2nd in base hits with 628
    The Rays are ranked 2nd in Base On Balls with 276
    The Rays are ranked 2nd with a slugging % of .468
    The Rays are ranked 2nd with an OPS of .826
    The Rays are ranked 2nd in total bases with 1065

The Rays are ranked 3th with an On Base % of .357
    The Rays are ranked 3rd in doubles with 139

The Rays are ranked 4th in HR's with 90
    The Rays are ranked 5th with a batting average of .276

Look, this Rays lineup of 2009 is hands down, the best overall lineup in all of baseball. This lineup is full of nothing but speed and power with players who can hit for average while getting on base because of walks. All in all, this is the best Rays lineup I have ever seen and it's MUCH better than last years lineup.

This Rays lineup ranks top 5 in just about each and every offensive Statistical Category (Other than Tripples where they rank 13th).

Here come the Rays.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Thats the past...I've been alive since 1985 and the Yankees havn't even won 5 World Series since I've been born. A matter of fact, the Yankees havn't won a world series since 2000, 9 years ago. The Rays became a Franchise in 1998.

And if the past means anything, the Rays just won the AL East and are still the AL East Champions until a team can take us down here in 2009, the Yankees? They aren't even a playoff type of team.

The Yankees havn't even made a trip to the World Series since 2003, 6 years ago, where they lost to the Florida freaking Marlins.

Looks like the Yankees are wasting over 100 Million dollars on a player in A-Rod, who cant even get the Yankees into the world series. Sad.

The Yankee dynasty is just about over. Jeter is on his way out, Rivera is on his way out, A-Rod is getting up there in age (33), Andy Pettite is on his way out at the age of 37. I can go on and on...Even Posada is 37 years old. The Dynasty is over, it's coming to an end.

The Rays? lol... All of our young talents are under the age of 26-27. Our run has JUST begun.

Step up to the plate in this thread, give me some great info on the Yankees
    I don't have the time or patience to type one of these marathon posts.

Thats the past...I've been alive since 1985 and the Yankees havn't even won 5 World Series since I've been born.
    Yankees havn't won a world series since 2000, 9 years ago.

The Rays became a Franchise in 1998.

The Yankees havn't even made a trip to the World Series since 2003, 6 years ago, where they lost to the Florida freaking Marlins.

A-Rod is getting up there in age (33)

Andy Pettite is on his way out at the age of 37.

Posada is 37 years old.
    Thank you. I wasn't aware.

By the way, it's funny that you try and use the bolded statement as a negative comment. That's still impressive.

All Pro
    Look, this Rays lineup of 2009 is hands down, the best overall lineup in all of baseball. This lineup is full of nothing but speed and power with players who can hit for average while getting on base because of walks. All in all, this is the best Rays lineup I have ever seen and it's MUCH better than last years lineup.

Here come the Rays.
    The BEST Rays lineup you have ever seen? EVER. In all the storied history of the franchise? Better than the Jose Canseco era? Better than when you had Wade Boggs?

Better than last year pretty much means the best ever.

Be excited about your team. That's good. It's a 3 team race, anyone who didn't think it would be is silly.

The Rays are ranked 1st in runs scored with 379 runs.
    The Rays are ranked 1st in RBI's with 359
    The Rays are ranked 1st in stolen bases with 105 (Has only been thrown out 19 times)
    The Rays are ranked 1st with a stolen base % of 84.7

The Rays are ranked 2nd in base hits with 628
    The Rays are ranked 2nd in Base On Balls with 276
    The Rays are ranked 2nd with a slugging % of .468
    The Rays are ranked 2nd with an OPS of .826
    The Rays are ranked 2nd in total bases with 1065

The Rays are ranked 3th with an On Base % of .357
    The Rays are ranked 3rd in doubles with 139

The Rays are ranked 4th in HR's with 90
    The Rays are ranked 5th with a batting average of .276

This Rays lineup ranks top 5 in just about each and every offensive Statistical Category (Other than Tripples where they rank 13th).

Here come the Rays.
    Boy are you going to be sad when you miss the playoffs

So you're a fan of the reigning AFCE champions and the AL East champions...

Impressive...

Well the Yankees got back Brian Bruney who should be a big lift to the bull pen. Depending on how Wang does today will determine what type of trade the Yankees pull off, but they are definitely going to be buyers. I can see the Yankees pulling off a trade for Eric Bedard or Cliff Lee if Wang sucks today, they'll move Hughes in to the rotation for the time being till they make a move but they won't feel confident with the rotation for the playoffs IMO.

They may also pull off a deal for a RP, but if Bruney can stay healthy they won't desperately need to as hes pretty darn good. Especially with Veras gone now our pen is solid.

Some news: The Rays are not going to make the playoffs this year.