Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: The battle of the AL East (Standings and News)

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Well the Yankees got back Brian Bruney who should be a big lift to the bull pen. Depending on how Wang does today will determine what type of trade the Yankees pull off, but they are definitely going to be buyers. I can see the Yankees pulling off a trade for Eric Bedard or Cliff Lee if Wang sucks today, they'll move Hughes in to the rotation for the time being till they make a move but they won't feel confident with the rotation for the playoffs IMO.

    They may also pull off a deal for a RP, but if Bruney can stay healthy they won't desperately need to as hes pretty darn good. Especially with Veras gone now our pen is solid.
    Sabathia
    Chamberlain
    Burnett
    Lee
    Pettitte

    That would be one heck of a rotation. Talent and potential with each and every starter but I'm sorry, how the hell do you think the Yankees would be able to get Cliff Lee without giving up a top prospect such as Phil Hughes?

    I would LOVE for the Yankees to trade Phil Hughes to the Indians in return for a 30 year old Cliff Lee. Cliff Lee has alot of talent but Hughes is what? 22 years young with the potential to have a great future?

    I just don't see how the Yankees could get Cliff Lee without giving up some top prospects.

    Now the Rays...We should be in the running for a great bullpen pitcher. I have a feeling the Rays will offer the Rockies Jeff Niemann and Brignac for Huston Street as our 25 year old closer of the future.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Some news: The Rays are not going to make the playoffs this year.
    Yup, and I'm pretty sure you were saying the same things last year. Good job.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Thats the past...I've been alive since 1985 and the Yankees havn't even won 5 World Series since I've been born. A matter of fact, the Yankees havn't won a world series since 2000, 9 years ago. The Rays became a Franchise in 1998.

    And if the past means anything, the Rays just won the AL East and are still the AL East Champions until a team can take us down here in 2009, the Yankees? They aren't even a playoff type of team.

    The Yankees havn't even made a trip to the World Series since 2003, 6 years ago, where they lost to the Florida freaking Marlins.

    Looks like the Yankees are wasting over 100 Million dollars on a player in A-Rod, who cant even get the Yankees into the world series. Sad.

    The Yankee dynasty is just about over. Jeter is on his way out, Rivera is on his way out, A-Rod is getting up there in age (33), Andy Pettite is on his way out at the age of 37. I can go on and on...Even Posada is 37 years old. The Dynasty is over, it's coming to an end.

    The Rays? lol... All of our young talents are under the age of 26-27. Our run has JUST begun.
    The Yankees dynasty has been over, but you know what the Yankees have won at least 2 WS every single decade except for the 80s. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Yankees win a WS in the upcoming years. The dynasty has been over, but they have been rearming to start a new chapter. The Yankees rotation will be deep and very good in the upcoming years, they have a loaded farm with arms and a talented ML rotation already. I see Joba and Hughes developing into top of the rotation starters, and the Yankees already have a stud with Sabathia who will be really good for at least the next 3-4 years.

    The Yankees have been getting younger all over the field recently, we have some guys in the minors that will be big parts of the ML team like Austin Jackson and Jesus Montero. A-Rod will be a very good player throughout his contract, hes playing through his bad hip this year so his numbers won't be A-Rod like, but next year once hes fully healthy he will be back. Mark Teixeira will be a force for years to come, Nick Swisher is a solid role player and is 28yrs old. Cano is developing his power now and only 26 yr old. Posada is about to go, but we have some very nice catcher prospects with guys like Cervelli*23*(we'll see if he becomes a starting catcher or just back up)
    Melky is pretty clutch and is 24, Pena has shown good stuff at SS and is 23. The Yankees surly can always buy or trade for other ML studs, so I wouldn't say the Yankees are dead. I feel that they will win a championship pretty soon.

    The Rays will not last as a competitive team, they will be good for the upcoming years but eventually have to rebuild as they lose their players to FA and stuff like that. The Yankees have the financial means to be able to keep a competitive team every season. Plus with them focusing on the farm again will make them even stronger.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Yup, and I'm pretty sure you were saying the same things last year. Good job.
    I'm sure you were saying the same thing about the Phins last year...
    Maybe not, since you gotz mad love for dem and gammie

    Doesn't really mean much...

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Sabathia
    Chamberlain
    Burnett
    Lee
    Pettitte

    That would be one heck of a rotation. Talent and potential with each and every starter but I'm sorry, how the hell do you think the Yankees would be able to get Cliff Lee without giving up a top prospect such as Phil Hughes?

    I would LOVE for the Yankees to trade Phil Hughes to the Indians in return for a 30 year old Cliff Lee. Cliff Lee has alot of talent but Hughes is what? 22 years young with the potential to have a great future?

    I just don't see how the Yankees could get Cliff Lee without giving up some top prospects.

    Now the Rays...We should be in the running for a great bullpen pitcher. I have a feeling the Rays will offer the Rockies Jeff Niemann and Brignac for Huston Street as our 25 year old closer of the future.
    Of coarse the Yankees would have to give up some prospects, they won't have to give up Hughes to make that move, and I seriously doubt they trade Hughes anyways because they have been developing him for years and hes finally around ML ready and has looked good this year.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Look, this Rays lineup of 2009 is hands down, the best overall lineup in all of baseball.
    Do even YOU believe this?

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Of coarse the Yankees would have to give up some prospects, they won't have to give up Hughes to make that move, and I seriously doubt they trade Hughes anyways because they have been developing him for years and hes finally around ML ready and has looked good this year.
    Then who would you see the Yankees giving up for a 30 year old Cliff Lee?

  8. #28
    Some News: When is your next rap video coming out on youtube, i want to dance to it.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Step up to the plate in this thread, give me some great info on the Yankees
    They wear pinstripes.

  10. #30
    Looks like DrinksWhileCrossovers uses the tag feature, lmao.

    Did the flight to Croatia get delayed?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Then who would you see the Yankees giving up for a 30 year old Cliff Lee?
    Idk, but people always say how much a player will cost to get. But then it always ends up cheaper, I'll let the Yankees brass figure that one out. I'm just a fan and can speculate on who they may go after.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    The Yankees dynasty has been over, but you know what the Yankees have won at least 2 WS every single decade except for the 80s. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Yankees win a WS in the upcoming years. The dynasty has been over, but they have been rearming to start a new chapter. The Yankees rotation will be deep and very good in the upcoming years, they have a loaded farm with arms and a talented ML rotation already. I see Joba and Hughes developing into top of the rotation starters, and the Yankees already have a stud with Sabathia who will be really good for at least the next 3-4 years.

    The Yankees have been getting younger all over the field recently, we have some guys in the minors that will be big parts of the ML team like Austin Jackson and Jesus Montero. A-Rod will be a very good player throughout his contract, hes playing through his bad hip this year so his numbers won't be A-Rod like, but next year once hes fully healthy he will be back. Mark Teixeira will be a force for years to come, Nick Swisher is a solid role player and is 28yrs old. Cano is developing his power now and only 26 yr old. Posada is about to go, but we have some very nice catcher prospects with guys like Cervelli*23*(we'll see if he becomes a starting catcher or just back up)
    Melky is pretty clutch and is 24, Pena has shown good stuff at SS and is 23. The Yankees surly can always buy or trade for other ML studs, so I wouldn't say the Yankees are dead. I feel that they will win a championship pretty soon.

    The Rays will not last as a competitive team, they will be good for the upcoming years but eventually have to rebuild as they lose their players to FA and stuff like that. The Yankees have the financial means to be able to keep a competitive team every season. Plus with them focusing on the farm again will make them even stronger.
    See...I can tell that you're a die hard Yankee fan just from that one post right there. I always try and bring the best outta Jet fans/Yankee fans with the way I post about the Jets and Rays and with you...It's working. I can tell your a fan of prospects---The whole 9. Great post.

    But you're wrong on one thing, about the Rays...The Rays will last as a competitive team and thats because of a new owner and a new front office. We have had Stuart Sternberg as our owner for 3 years now, a man thats born and raised in Brooklyn NY and a man that grew up as a die hard baseball fan.

    Since then...We made an amazing trade of Delmon Young for Jason Bartlett and Matt Garza, we have signed Carlos Pena as a free agent, We gave Kazmir and Crawford contract entensions, we drafted Longoria and David Price and got them both locked up...Long term. We signed a superstar from Japan in Aki to man 2B. We moved Upton from SS and now he's one of the best defensive CF's in the game today. We just signed Burrell as a free agent. I can go on and on...This man understands baseball and he knows how to win and win long term. Put it this way...Since Stuart Sternberg has become the owner of the Rays, this roster ONLY has three players left from the Devil Ray days; Kazmir, Upton and Crawford. This owner made sure to keep the elite talent and get rid and replace the rest with solid talent. It's paying off.

    You think the Yankees are the only team with money and the only team that can sign their own players? You're dead wrong, atleast with the Rays you are. You must have no idea how much $$$ this man has an owner (I do). This man is loaded with money and thats because of years and years and years of success on Wall Street.

    Just remember one thing...Just about all the young talent on the Rays are locked up and locked up long term.

    We also have the best farm system with nothing but top 50 prospects. We have three starting pitchers ranked as baseball top 40 prospects. David Price is ranked #2. David Price, Wade Davis, Jeremy Hellickson are all going to be solid talents for the Rays over the next 10 years. We should see all three guys in the rotation by 2011.

    Price
    Kazmir
    Davis
    Garza
    Hellickson

    And then we still have pitchers such as James Shields and Niemann to trade for talent once Davis and Hellickson are ready to join the rotation.

    Tim Beckham...Last years 1st overall draft pick is ranked as baseballs 10th best prospect. He's the SS of the future, once Bartlett is gone.

    Wade Davis is a starting pitcher, he's ranked as the 16th best overall talent out there.

    Jeff Niemann is a starting pitcher who's with the Rays right now, he's ranked as the 28th best prospect

    Jeremy Hellickson is another starting pitcher, he's ranked as the 30th best overall talent out there. "He was overshadowed by the more polished David Price in Tampa's minor league system, but the Rays' second best pitching prospect would be a clear number one in most organizations. A power righthander with three-pitch..."

    Desmond Jennings is ranked as the 62nd best overall prospect out there. He's going to be one hell of a RF with Crawford as the LF with Upton as the CF for years to come.

    http://www.scoutingbook.com/prospects/ see for yourself. Then we also have prospects such as Brignac (ss) and McGee (Starting Pitcher) who we can move around for more talent.

    Not only do the Rays now have an owner who knows how to win, we also have an owner who has the money to sign and keep our own talents long term. We also have THE BEST farm system around and thats thanks to great scouts.

    The Rays will be great for 10+ years...This is a dynasty in the making and yes...I understand that MOST Yankee fans know zip zero about the Rays.

  13. #33
    You're a diehard fan krhodes but you're wrong because if u state an opinion that philly ****stackz doesn't agree with you're wrong. The sky is blue, nope in St.Pete it's black, you're wrong.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Looks like DrinksWhileCrossovers uses the tag feature, lmao.

    Did the flight to Croatia get delayed?
    If he wrote that, he's looking at another 10 days off

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    We also have the best farm system with nothing but top 50 prospects. We have three starting pitchers ranked as baseball top 40 prospects. David Price is ranked #2. David Price, Wade Davis, Jeremy Hellickson are all going to be solid talents for the Rays over the next 10 years. We should see all three guys in the rotation by 2011.

    The Rays will be great for 10+ years...This is a dynasty in the making and yes...I understand that MOST Yankee fans know zip zero about the Rays.
    Keith Law of Scouts, Inc. rates the Texas Rangers farm system as # 1 going into the 2009 season. Do you have a rebuttal for this outrageous claim??

    I like you enthusiasm in general though, I would like to be as fired up about anything as you seem to be about everything!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I understand that MOST Yankee fans know zip zero about the Rays.
    Could you tell them a thing or two?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    We also have the best farm system with nothing but top 50 prospects.


    Desmond Jennings is ranked as the 62nd best overall prospect out there.
    Hmmmmmmmmm....

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    They wear pinstripes.
    Link? I don't trust you Sox fans.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Link? I don't trust you Sox fans.
    http://www.mitchellandness.com/image...RSGF_431_W.jpg

  20. #40
    That's just wrong.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us