Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA Draft Thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Official NBA Draft Thread

Post all your comments, predictions and wishes for the upcoming draft.

pretty wide-open draft, other than the set-in-stone certainty of Blake Griffin going #1 overall (but where???).

as far as the Knicks are concerned, i'd be happy with either Curry or Hill at #8. if both are gone, trade down and try to get a 2010 pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Post all your comments, predictions and wishes for the upcoming draft.

pretty wide-open draft, other than the set-in-stone certainty of Blake Griffin going #1 overall (but where???).

as far as the Knicks are concerned, i'd be happy with either Curry or Hill at #8. if both are gone, trade down and try to get a 2010 pick.
    Well, the argument has been made that you take Curry because he can play the open floor and would benefit both him and Lebron if he came here in 2010...

But IMO, we take Flynn if he's there... That kid can flat out play...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lawson is the best PG, I'd like to see the Knicks get him. I hope Hansbrough goes to the Nets at #11.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Lawson is the best PG, I'd like to see the Knicks get him. I hope Hansbrough goes to the Nets at #11.

Go Green

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Lawson is the best PG in this draft. I think Hansbrough would be a reach at 11.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lawson or Curry. Either one I'll be Happy..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish Rubio would fall, but he's not getting past the Kings @ 4.

I don't really think Hill is that good from the limited time I've seen him. The only way I would like that pick is if they bought back into the 1st or 2nd and grabbed: Lawson, Maynor, Beaubois, Collison

It also seems like Curry is gonna be gone before the Knicks pick, so I could definitely see Jennings being the pick bc I heard he looked real good at his workout. He seems like a punk, but he can definitely run the floor (as seen in HS all american game) and may be just what they need at PG.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

In the End, Rubio Will be a Knick

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2009/06...ll-be-a-knick/

for those that don't know -- theknicksblog.com is the best site on the internetz for all things NYK and the bball equivalent of thejetsblog.com (both are endorsed by SNY)

Jun 17, 2009 9:30 am

by Tommy Dee

Time to step out on a limb.

The more I think of it, the more I’ve come to realize that when it’s all said and done, Ricky Rubio will be a Knick.

How do I know? There just seems to be too many things moving in that direction.

Listen, Rubio is definitely the top point guard prospect in this draft and his agent is working hard to position him in the right situation.

That means no Memphis, and no Oklahoma City.

How Rubio has fallen to 3 or 4 in most mocks is beyond me. But it leads you to believe that there are serious talks going on behind the scene.

Now, does Rubio fall all the way to 8? Not a chance, so Donnie Walsh has his work cut out for him. He could make offers to move up to 2 or 3 by taking back contracts and helping out the cash-strapped Grizzlies or Thunder. And let’s face it, the Thunder could use some room to continue to position themselves as one of the most up-and-coming teams in the league. They could use a player like David Lee.

So when you consider the finances, the behind the scenes shuffling from Rubio’s camp and the offer the Knicks can make, you can see them moving up to get Mike D’Antoni’s quarterback.

And when you consider that Walsh told Chad Ford that he’s content staying at 8, there’s even more reason to believe he’s trying to move up. Walsh, as we know, is a stand up guy and is comfortable, but I can’t see him in this market being content to get the 8th player on their Big Board.

Not when Rubio can be had, which you’d think he can be based on his disdain to go to a smaller city.

This doesn’t mean that it will happen on draft night, the Knicks could make a move in July possibly offering Lee or several expiring contracts and whomever they draft at 8.

But in the end, I really feel Rubio will be a Knick.

I really do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSBLKrZCkeU

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha one of the other bloggers, Myles Mills, writes "the sanchez theory" in the comment section

It is great Tommy Dee is the best writer too. I hadn't read it yet today

I haven't found a good forum yet though. knicksonline.com is the best I've seen
    Last edited by rlucas4137; 06-17-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way should Hansborough be picked anywhere in the top 15...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rlucas4137 View Post
    Ha one of the other bloggers, Myles Mills, writes "the sanchez theory" in the comment section

It is great Tommy Dee is the best writer too. I hadn't read it yet today

I haven't found a good forum yet though. knicksonline.com is the best I've seen
    +1, Tommy Dee is the best writer and I've met him in person -- really great guy and extremely friendly. We ripped some teq shots and talked basketball during the Feb. 4th Knicks/Cavs game.

....is there a knicksinsider on the horizon??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny View Post
    Lawson is the best PG in this draft. I think Hansbrough would be a reach at 11.
    he is going to surprise alot of people, I don't think he'll be an AS but he'll be a solid starter. He tested very well at the NBA combine surprising alot of scouts. He is going to go higher than people thought a month ago.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knicks would probably have to package Lee and the 8th pick to move up to get Rubio which I am completely against.

We need Lee and his soon to be $7-8 mil per year salary to be used as trade bait to get Stoudamire or Bosh in a sign-and-trade. I'd rather just stay at 8 and get Lawson, Curry or Flynn.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont see how anyone would want Hans..

I think the best fit for you guys is Earl Clark especially with that Memphis cutting system frank employed last year. He is a great playmaker and versatile player.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i cant believe the hansborough love...he will not be a great pro...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I dont see how anyone would want Hans..

I think the best fit for you guys is Earl Clark especially with that Memphis cutting system frank employed last year. He is a great playmaker and versatile player.
    Yeah, who would want a very talented player that works harder than 99% of the other players in the league. A guy will will go all out every possession, most people would rarher have the more athletically gifted, lazy player than never fulfills his potential.

Hansbrough was one of the best college players of all time, got better every single year b/c he worked at his game, he can take contact and hits his FTs. He is going to shock people at the next level. he is the type of player that every good team wants and needs. He won't be a star but he'll be a solid NBA player.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i want the nets to draft earl clark, basically a rashard lewis type player.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard a Rumor today on 1050 that the Nets are trying to trade Devon Harris for the #2 spot... Anyone else hear of this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the weakest draft since 2000, which was arguably the weakest in the history of the NBA.

Unless a guy like Curry is there at #8, they should look to trade this pick for a solid vet or for future picks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I heard a Rumor today on 1050 that the Nets are trying to trade Devon Harris for the #2 spot... Anyone else hear of this?
    No chance...