Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Yeah, who would want a very talented player that works harder than 99% of the other players in the league. A guy will will go all out every possession, most people would rarher have the more athletically gifted, lazy player than never fulfills his potential.

Hansbrough was one of the best college players of all time, got better every single year b/c he worked at his game, he can take contact and hits his FTs. He is going to shock people at the next level. he is the type of player that every good team wants and needs. He won't be a star but he'll be a solid NBA player.
    This guy is NOT going to outmuscle and throw up his crap flip shots that seem to go in everytime in college. He may be a solid player but in terms of being a prospect, he is NOT worth anywhere near a lottery pick..

What are you guys' big boards for top 11?

I gotta go with

1. Griffin
    2. Rubio
    3. Harden
    4. Curry
    5. Thabeet
    6. Flynn
    7. Evans
    8. Hill
    9. Clark
    10. DeRozan
    11. Holiday

for now at least lol.

I'm praying Holiday goes top 7...

All Pro

Question

With all the offensive talent on the Knicks,what would happen to this team if they added a legit shot blocking presence in the paint.

Forget all these jokers,and trade up for Thabeet

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    With all the offensive talent on the Knicks,what would happen to this team if they added a legit shot blocking presence in the paint.

+1!

I've been saying this for months!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    +1!

I've been saying this for months!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

You could start

Duhon
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Lee
    Thabeet

2nd Team

Robinson
    Hughes
    Gallinari
    Wilcox
    Sene

You got scoring and defense on both units.You can run or play conventional post up on both units.And best of all,you can finally defend the post on both units and rebound.

You could start

Duhon
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Lee
    Thabeet

2nd Team

Robinson
    Hughes
    Gallinari
    Wilcox
    Sene

You got scoring and defense on both units.You can run or play conventional post up on both units.And best of all,you can finally defend the post on both units and rebound.

JMO - Nate won't be a Knick. His game isn't worth the contract that he will be looking for.

JMO - Nate won't be a Knick. His game isn't worth the contract that he will be looking for.
    i hope you're right.

i'll be so pissed if we keep Nate but get rid of Lee

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post

I gotta go with

1. Griffin
    2. Rubio
    3. Harden
    4. Curry
    5. Thabeet
    6. Flynn
    7. Evans
    8. Hill
    9. Clark
    10. DeRozan
    11. Holiday

for now at least lol.

i think Thabeet will go higher just by virtue of being a 7-2, athletic shot-blocker in a very mediocre draft.

maybe as high as #2 if Rubio's buyout scares teams.

All Pro

I won't cry,but who's your backup point.I want Thabeet,so i have no problem giving up the 8th pick,Nate and an expiring contract.

I gotta go with

1. Griffin
    2. Rubio
    3. Harden
    4. Curry
    5. Thabeet
    6. Flynn
    7. Evans
    8. Hill
    9. Clark
    10. DeRozan
    11. Holiday

for now at least lol.

My top 11 as of now (subject to change)

1. Griffin
    2. Rubio
    3. Harden
    4. DeRozan
    5. Thabeet
    6. Flynn
    7. Summers
    8. Curry
    9. Clark
    10. Lawson
    11. Douglas
    12. Ellington

This might look a bit crazy but I am not high on some of these highly rates guys. It seems that this could be one of those drafts where only a couple guys drafted top 15 turn out to be very good or good. It has happened before. Michael Redd was taken in the 2nd round and was arguably the best player in his draft.

Summers is a guy I think is very underrated. Someone will get a steal with him in the mid 20s. I also think Ellington is undervalued. He's an excellent shooter and will be a very good role player. Douglas is a great scorer and touh defense. Late 1st/early 2nd will be a steal. This draft is hard to gauge. After the top 3, I have a lot of trouble ranking. I have DeRozan at 4 but he has big time boom/bust potential. I think Hill and Holiday are busts waiting to happen.

This guy is NOT going to outmuscle and throw up his crap flip shots that seem to go in everytime in college. He may be a solid player but in terms of being a prospect, he is NOT worth anywhere near a lottery pick..
    No he won't be stromng enough to out uscle NBA players but he's alot more athletic than being given credit for- check the combine results. In College opponents used junk defenses that they won't be able to in the NBA. he has a nice mid range jumper, knocks down FTs, hustles, can rebound and make shots after contact. That sounds like a valuable player to me and considering most lottery picks bust what would be the harm in taking a chance on him? at least you know you are getting a hardworking, serious competitor.

Thabeet is going to be a bust. He's not tough enough to survive the NBA and he has ZERO offensive game. He's a very poor mans Mutombo- closer to a Manute Bol type of player.

You could start

Duhon
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Lee
    Thabeet

2nd Team

Robinson
    Hughes
    Gallinari
    Wilcox
    Sene

They'd win 30-35 games a year w/ that lineup.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    No he won't be stromng enough to out uscle NBA players but he's alot more athletic than being given credit for- check the combine results. In College opponents used junk defenses that they won't be able to in the NBA. he has a nice mid range jumper, knocks down FTs, hustles, can rebound and make shots after contact. That sounds like a valuable player to me and considering most lottery picks bust what would be the harm in taking a chance on him? at least you know you are getting a hardworking, serious competitor.

Thabeet is going to be a bust. He's not tough enough to survive the NBA and he has ZERO offensive game. He's a very poor mans Mutombo- closer to a Manute Bol type of player.

They'd win 30-35 games a year w/ that lineup.
    generous of you.

Do we really want Thabeet in D'Antoni's offense, I don't see him running the floor well. But I also don't really know who I would wan't at 8 that could be there (I wan't Rubio).

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    generous of you.

Do we really want Thabeet in D'Antoni's offense, I don't see him running the floor well. But I also don't really know who I would wan't at 8 that could be there (I wan't Rubio).
    I could care less if Thabeet can score or not. The Knicks need a defense presence in the middle.

If anyone thinks, including D'Antoni, that trying to win games 130-120 is going to get the Knicks a championship they are in for another decade of disappointment!

All Pro
    I could care less if Thabeet can score or not. The Knicks need a defense presence in the middle.

If anyone thinks, including D'Antoni, that trying to win games 130-120 is going to get the Knicks a championship they are in for another decade of disappointment!
    You sir are 1 smart dude.

I could care less if he scored a point a game.As a Matter of fact.i would love a stat line of

0 Points
    4 blocks
    10 rebounds a game.

Do these folks not know that the knicks lost every game last year because other team drove the paint like it was the Audobon(sp).

After the 1st month,of this cat blocking shots,the lane will effectively be closed and this cat can start working on his dunking.

Banned
    Worst NBA Draft I've seen in a while. Outside of Griffin I don't see one blue chipper.

Don't have high hopes for this draft, I just hope Walsh doesn't do something stupid and trade Lee and the 8 pick for Rubio.

Practice Squad

Maybe its bc I despise UCONN, but from all the big east basketball I watched this year I have come to the conclusion that Thabeet is soft and will be a gigantic BUST.

Sure he dominated DEFENSIVELY in college, but similar to Hansbrough, his game doesn't translate to playing the game in the NBA where guys are bigger, stronger and more athletic.

When UCONN played Pitt, Thabeet was utterly embarrassed by a Blair who stands at 6'7, 4 or 5 inches shorter than Thabeet. Jordan Hillis the better prospect and even he doesn't look too good imo.

If they get a big guy they should go after Gortat w/ the MLE, but hopefully grab him cheaper.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Worst NBA Draft I've seen in a while. Outside of Griffin I don't see one blue chipper.

Don't have high hopes for this draft, I just hope Walsh doesn't do something stupid and trade Lee and the 8 pick for Rubio.
    Lee cannot be traded until July. Wolves just traded for #5 and have #6,#18 and #28 in the 1st round.

It looks like Rubio is out, but maybe Walsh can buy one of the 1st rounders and grab Maynor or lawson if their still around. Or maybe he can work something out for 5/6 being that Minny's GM David kahn was his understudy in Indy.

I hate Eddy Curry

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rlucas4137 View Post
    Maybe its bc I despise UCONN, but from all the big east basketball I watched this year I have come to the conclusion that Thabeet is soft and will be a gigantic BUST.

Sure he dominated DEFENSIVELY in college, but similar to Hansbrough, his game doesn't translate to playing the game in the NBA where guys are bigger, stronger and more athletic.

When UCONN played Pitt, Thabeet was utterly embarrassed by a Blair who stands at 6'7, 4 or 5 inches shorter than Thabeet. Jordan Hillis the better prospect and even he doesn't look too good imo.

If they get a big guy they should go after Gortat w/ the MLE, but hopefully grab him cheaper.
    Thabeet is soft and he will be a project but I don't think he'll be a bust. He'll develop into a decent shot blocker and rebounder.

This draft completely sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    For the Nets I want the PF from Pitt, DeJuan Blair

I know he lacks the ideal height, but he's very strong and I like his game

I think he's gonna be a really good player in the NBA and a very good value pick at #11

I'd also be happy with Tyler Hans

The Nets have said that they have him red flagged for his arthritic knee. Now this might be career threatening, but since it doenst seem likely to affect him on his rookie deal I would go for it anyway. The Nets however disagree. I would be happy with Clark, Henderson, or TWill.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
    The Nets have said that they have him red flagged for his arthritic knee. Now this might be career threatening, but since it doenst seem likely to affect him on his rookie deal I would go for it anyway. The Nets however disagree. I would be happy with Clark, Henderson, or TWill.
    I have always liked Earl Clark, I would be fine w/ him and even Williams but henderson I'd be upset w/ and not just b/c he was a dookie. He's not as athletic as people think and the man can't shoot, what will he be able to do in the NBA?

Hansbrough worked out for the Nets yesterday:

"Think of a more athletic Charles Oakley," one team exec said. "Not as physical but more athletic."
    That is a pretty nice compliment.

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/nets/..._t_but_no.html

I hope the Nets get him.