Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Official NBA Draft Thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    im just glad they drafted someone that looks like basketball player... not some dude named "fredric" or "danillo"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigo View Post
    Pierce? KG is a great player, he really is, but tt is, and has been Paul Pierce's team. He just completely takes over games, and always plays his best against better competition. He plays great defense (and did even before KG came), is a great rebounder, is a team player, and has arguably one of the best drives to the rim in the NBA.
    And when KG goes down with an injury the Celts get eliminated in the second round - when he plays they win championship.

KG is the Celtics MVP without question.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 06-26-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post
    I think Toney Douglas was a steal at 29. No one is really talking about him but this guy was the ACC DPOY. When was the last time the Knicks had a guard that played D?

He averaged 21.5 PPG this season, played his best against Duke & UNC and pretty much carried his team at times. I watched FSU play a few times during basketball season and he was extremely impressive.

I like the Darko trade too. Q-Rich isn't really doing anything for us. Bring in another big who, well, isn't Eddy Curry.

Jordan Hill I'm not too sure about. Has a lot of potential. On paper is a good fit in D'Antoni's system. I had a bad feeling about him coming into this but now all we can do is hope he amounts to something decent. I'm just glad they didn't pick Holiday.
    If the Knicks get a good defensive guard and a decent 8 point 8 rebound 2 blk Forward out of this draft. I'll be happy.

Ofcourse with our luck Derozen is this year's Eric Gordon.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    And when KG goes down with an injury the Celts get eliminated in the second round - when he plays they win championship.
    Celtics have a better record without KG...and if it had been Ray or Pierce that had gone down, it would have been the same result anyways.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    im just glad they drafted someone that looks like basketball player... not some dude named "fredric" or "danillo"
    Did you pay attention to the Knicks when Gallo played last year or are you just talking out of your ass?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was bummed that Curry was taken right before our pick, but I'm still very happy with the way the night turned out.

I like the Hill pick a lot. Gives us a little more size even though he still needs to bulk up a bit and is very athletic. Should fit very nicely into D'Antoni's system. Providing he doesn't get traded, I think he'll be a very nice player for us. I also really like the Douglas pick. That's a lot of value to get that late in the draft. It's going to be refreshing to see a PG that can actually play some defense. Also, the trade for Darko is a quiet one, but could be a good one. At least gives us a big man presence. Overall, it was disappointing to feel like Curry would fall into our laps and then getting snatched right before us, but it's still a successful night.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Did you pay attention to the Knicks when Gallo played last year or are you just talking out of your ass?
    Bit probably missed out on the grand total of 28 games that were played by the 19 year old who has a worse back than my 90 year old grandmother.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 06-26-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I was bummed that Curry was taken right before our pick, but I'm still very happy with the way the night turned out.

I like the Hill pick a lot. Gives us a little more size even though he still needs to bulk up a bit and is very athletic. Should fit very nicely into D'Antoni's system. Providing he doesn't get traded, I think he'll be a very nice player for us. I also really like the Douglas pick. That's a lot of value to get that late in the draft. It's going to be refreshing to see a PG that can actually play some defense. Also, the trade for Darko is a quiet one, but could be a good one. At least gives us a big man presence. Overall, it was disappointing to feel like Curry would fall into our laps and then getting snatched right before us, but it's still a successful night.
    Agree with everything you say. My buddy who is a basketball guru who played in high school and college hates Jordan Hill. He also hates Rubio too. He wanted Derozen.

I don't think Hill will be a star but I'll gladly take a 10 pt 8 rebound guy who can block shots. Like you said he has to put on weight and get stronger but that will eventually happen.