Thread: Amare Stoudamire wants to play for the Knicks

Banned

Amare Stoudamire wants to play for the Knicks

I understand the article is 3 weeks old but I didn't find it until today. Also, the Al Jefferson for Amare Stoudamire trade rumor was shot down recently by the Wolves GM Kahn so this is still very much a possiblity.

This summer Walsh could very well package Lee once he's resigned, Gallo and/or Chandler, an expiring contract (Richardson) and draft picks. Next summer we sign Dwayne Wade or Lebron James.

May 29, 2009
    Amare: Knicks should take me over Bosh

By MARC BERMAN

CHICAGO - Here in Chicago waiting for the next wave of potential first-rounders to fill into The Westin for the final media availability..

Back in New York, ESPN Radio's Brandon Tierney had Amare Stoudemire on this morning and reiterated remarks about his desire to play for Mike D'Antoni in 2010 while boasting about being better than Chris Bosh. Stoudemire told The Post similar stuff during All-Star Weekend.

When Tierney asked Stoudemire if he's better than Bosh, the Suns forward said, "Oooh man, are you kidding me? Ask Chris Bosh that question."

So that's a yes?

"No doubt about it, I'm better than Chris Bosh"

"How serious will you consider the Knicks New York Knicks in 2010"?

"I will be totally serious about that, I spent a lot of my childhood there, I have a connection with the state, and I also love the entire coaching staff"

" I think Coach D'Antoni's doing a phenomenal job with the Knicks, NY's a great city, I follow them closely."

Bosh or Stoudemire? Your call.
    Buzz up!

Posted by Marc Berman on May 29, 2009 12:05 PM
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 06-19-2009 at 03:15 PM.

wait, whut??

i thought the Knicks were a national embarassment, and that no quality players would ever sign with them as FA, even with the spotlight and endorsement benefits they could get from playing in NYC??

i'm soooo confused....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i thought the Knicks were a national embarassment, and that no quality players would ever sign with them as FA, even with the spotlight and endorsement benefits they could get from playing in NYC??
    That whole New York marketing baloney is a myth.

It's who you are now, not where you play.

LeBron, Payton, Shaq, etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

You realize in '96 that Shaq took less money to leave a title contender in Orlando to play with what was at that time not a good team in LA?

no, it's not. where you play makes a huge difference. you don't think Kevin Durant would be MUCH more famous if he played in NY, or LA, or Chicago, or even Boston?? despite his incredible sophomore season, he's still relatively unknown, and that's due to the fact that he plays for a team that no longer exists.

and if major free agents haven't signed with the Knicks in the recent past, it's because the Knicks have NOT had the money to just go out and sign them, not for a lack of interest. when Webber was a FA for instance, the best the Knicks could hope for was that the Kings would agree to a trade for Allan Houston and Kurt Thomas

the difference is that in 2010, the Knicks WILL have the cap room to outright pursue LeBron, Wade, Stoudemire, or any other high-profile free agent on the market. then we'll see who's got teh doot-shaped baloney

Banned
    no, it's not. where you play makes a huge difference. you don't think Kevin Durant would be MUCH more famous if he played in NY, or LA, or Chicago, or even Boston?? despite his incredible sophomore season, he's still relatively unknown, and that's due to the fact that he plays for a team that no longer exists.

and if major free agents haven't signed with the Knicks in the recent past, it's because the Knicks have NOT had the money to just go out and sign them, not for a lack of interest. when Webber was a FA for instance, the best the Knicks could hope for was that the Kings would agree to a trade for Allan Houston and Kurt Thomas

the difference is that in 2010, the Knicks WILL have the cap room to outright pursue LeBron, Wade, Stoudemire, or any other high-profile free agent on the market. then we'll see who's got teh doot-shaped baloney
    Most if not all of the LOLZ @ Knicks people on this board barely if at all follow basketball. They've just been listening to sports radio bash the Knicks (and deservedly so) for the past 8 years and seen the misadventures of Isiah, Layden and Poisonberry. They don't understand how the NBA salary cap works and they've paid little or no attention to what Walsh has been doing with this team.

Getting rid of Randolph and Crawford's contracts to get us under the cap was actually the hard part. Now that we'll soon have close to $40 mil in cap space and trade bait (Lee, expiring contracts) things are going to change.

A player like Durant would RUN from Oklahoma to NYC if he had the chance to play here and get all that liquid $$$ from endorsements and notoriety.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 06-19-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    wait, whut??

i'm soooo confused....
    PLEASE....take Amare. He's not a quality player. The Suns have been trying to find a way to get him out of here for a while.

Jets Insider VIP

Gary Payton was marketed?

I must have missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    PLEASE....take Amare. He's not a quality player. The Suns have been trying to find a way to get him out of here for a while.
    I'm sorry, but this is an ignorant statement. (The part about "not being a quality player.") I'm just sittin' here trying to figure out how you can make that comment, and I'm left with the simple conclusion that you don't follow basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Gary Payton was marketed?

I must have missed that.
    I think he meant Peyton Manning

Jets Insider VIP
    Amare wants to be a Knick.

LeBron doesn't.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Okay, no problem taking his 21 and 8 every night. Didn't he help get the Suns deep into the playoffs several different years?

The Shaq trade killed the Suns.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is an ignorant statement. (The part about "not being a quality player.") I'm just sittin' here trying to figure out how you can make that comment, and I'm left with the simple conclusion that you don't follow basketball.
    It's like saying Jonathan Papelbon isn't a quality closer.

Practice Squad
    I would gladly welcome Amare to NYC and send Lee packing. He is still young, extremely talented and will most likely be the #2 option on this team after 2010, whether it be LBJ, Wade, Joe Johnson or Dirk.

And if we don't get LBJ or Wade, Walsh may be able to bring in someone like Camby to play alongside him.

PG Stephon Curry (prob not happening)
    SG Joe Johnson
    SF Wilson Chandler
    PF Amare Stoudemire
    C Marcus Camby

umm yes please

I don't understand how he gets soo much blame in Phoenix for their crappy play. If you wanna blame someone look to Steve Kerr (though I do like him) because he quickly unraveled a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    You realize in '96 that Shaq took less money to leave a title contender in Orlando to play with what was at that time not a good team in LA?
    To join one of the leagues premier franchises. Yes that was over 13 years ago. Things have changed. You can become a national star from any city now.

Look at all the marketing opps the Knicks players have! Nobody knows them.

Has being in Cleveland hurt Lebron's marketing?
    Manning in Indy?
    Brady in Boston?

LeBron has ONE thing missing from his resume. He's certainly not going to INCREASE his chances with the Knicks.

no, it's not. where you play makes a huge difference. you don't think Kevin Durant would be MUCH more famous if he played in NY, or LA, or Chicago, or even Boston??
    No I dont. Well yes if he played for the Lakers because they won.

Put him on the Knicks and no one additional would know him. Except for Knicks fans.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Amare wants to be a Knick.

LeBron doesn't.
    What are today's lotto numbers UT?