Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dodgers continue to roll

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    I'm pretty sure he lived in the tri-state area, then moved out to Iowa.

I lived in Iowa as a Mets, Jets, and Knicks fan.
    Ok, that would explain the Jets part, but that still leaves the Dodgers

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Ok, that would explain the Jets part, but that still leaves the Dodgers
    Maybe his family has some type of Brooklyn ties that followed the BK Dodgers to the west coast back in the day?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    I'm pretty sure he lived in the tri-state area, then moved out to Iowa.

I lived in Iowa as a Mets, Jets, and Knicks fan.
    Nope born and raised in Iowa. I have never even been to the Northeast, but am hoping to make a trip this year for a game if I can come up with the funds.

The Dodgers was fairly simple, my Dad was a lifelong Dodgers fan, so I just followed in his footsteps there. My entire family(extended as well) is Cubs fans, and my dad "rebelled" against them and rooted for the Dodgers.

The Jets on the other hand was a little different. My Dad is Chicago Bears fan, along with everyone else in my family(extended included) so what do I decide to do at the age of 7 or 8, decide to go my own way. And I ended up as a Jets fan for one reason at that age, because there uniforms were almost entirely green, my favorite color.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Nope born and raised in Iowa. I have never even been to the Northeast, but am hoping to make a trip this year for a game if I can come up with the funds.

The Dodgers was fairly simple, my Dad was a lifelong Dodgers fan, so I just followed in his footsteps there. My entire family(extended as well) is Cubs fans, and my dad "rebelled" against them and rooted for the Dodgers.

The Jets on the other hand was a little different. My Dad is Chicago Bears fan, along with everyone else in my family(extended included) so what do I decide to do at the age of 7 or 8, decide to go my own way. And I ended up as a Jets fan for one reason at that age, because there uniforms were almost entirely green, my favorite color.
    Neat story.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Cmon man, are you really trying to argue that the San Francisco Giants and the Colorado Rockies are good teams? They're not. San Francisco is ranked 28th in Runs Scored, Colorado is ranked 22nd in Pitching (And probably wouldn't be so good Offensively either if it wasn't for Coors). They each have pretty significant flaws.

I don't care what their records are, that's as much a product of getting to play such powerhouses like each other, Arizona, and San Diego as anything else.

Leaning more towards mediocre then poor, but yeah. (Poor was aimed towards Milton and Weaver). Pierre is a slap hitter with no power, a mediocre OBP due to never walking, and below-average on Defense because of a piss poor arm. Blake is a decent, but not great bat, who is a bit of a liability with the glove. Randy Wolf is a 93-80 Pitcher with a Career 4.20 ERA, Can you say average?

Outside of Manny, Matt Kemp is their only hitter I like to continue to be significantly above average on that team. Russell Martin had a stretch where he was that player, but seems to have regressed, I'm not buying that Casey Blake or Juan Pierre is for real this season. I guess there's something to having 6-7 average (or slightly above average) players and no blatant black holes in the lineup, but lets not make this out to be an all-time great lineup. It's not.

I pretty much expected what they did, not as well as they did with Manny, but more then enough to keep a huge lead in that god-awful division.

Word of advice, cut Mota before he ruins your season

Been there, done that.
    Yeah, Mota scares me. He was excellent in his first stint with LA but I'm not getting that same warm and fuzzy feeling this year.

It may not go this way, but I think the return of Manny is going to re-energize this team again. And there's rumors that the Dodgers are after Jarrod Washburn who would be a solid addition to the rotation.

Anyway, I don't want to go back and forth on the Dodgers. I'm not saying they are flawless and I never said anything about an all-time great lineup. Every team has flaws. All I'm saying is the Dodgers have as tough a lineup as there is in the league right now. They're not a power team but that doesn't mean they're not a dangerous team. And there is not one easy out in that lineup.

And Colorado and SF are not awful teams. They may not be contenders for a pennant but they are far from awful. By the way, 9 of Colorado's wins during their streak have come on the road. And they put up 11 runs Sunday against a pitcher who was previously unbeaten.

But hey, I hope everybody views the Dodgers this way. Underestimate them. Please.

That may be a fatal (baseball-wise) mistake.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Broxton about to close out the Rockies right now. Only made it through 5, but another nice game by Kershaw. Can't wait to get Manny back though, we need his bat badly. 7:05pm Friday
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 07-01-2009 at 05:35 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Broxton about to close out the Rockies right now. Only made it through 5, but another nice game by Kershaw. Can't wait to get Manny back though, we need his bat badly. 7:05pm Friday
    Kershaw has been dealing over his last 10 games. We owe it to DCW2. I will admit the offense has done a lot better than I anticipated over the past 50 games, they desperately need that difference maker bat back in the line-up.

Welcome back Manny.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    First to 50!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Kershaw has been dealing over his last 10 games. We owe it to DCW2. I will admit the offense has done a lot better than I anticipated over the past 50 games, they desperately need that difference maker bat back in the line-up.

Welcome back Manny.
    Kershaw needs a mechanics tune-up. He's either getting his body ahead of the ball or the ball ahead of his body and his control has been horrible lately. I know the All-Star break is a time to rest but I'd like to see him spend a couple of days with Honeycutt or even Koufax.