Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goooooooooooooooooaaaaal

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Can anyone explain how this was a red card? He got the ****ing ball. Its such bull**** that hes missing the final game because of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbteeRuMFBE
    it was a horse**** call. it was a strong challenge, but he got all ball.

the US has gotten some rough calls this tournament, and it's a shame Bradley gets to miss the Final because of this.

i think it's about time FIFA started using replay for very specific things: fouls leading to red cards, penalty kicks, and goal-line crossing controversies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    it was a horse**** call. it was a strong challenge, but he got all ball.

the US has gotten some rough calls this tournament, and it's a shame Bradley gets to miss the Final because of this.

i think it's about time FIFA started using replay for very specific things: fouls leading to red cards, penalty kicks, and goal-line crossing controversies.
    It's an awful call...

The definition of a 2 footed tackle is
    Is a major and dangerous foul in which a player lunges or slides into an oppoent with both cleats facing the opponent and usually making contact with the player below the knee.
    At no point was his left foot facing out during the tackle. Just a horrendous call.

I just watched the replay on ESPN2. I still can't believe it even after seeing it a second time.

Congratulations to the USA and its fans who post on this thread. That is a big win to knock off the reigning Euro champions who have been undefeated for a long string of matches.

Think Iniesta was missing for Spain, but that doesn't diminish the quality of the win. Well done.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Congratulations to the USA and its fans who post on this thread. That is a big win to knock off the reigning Euro champions who have been undefeated for a long string of matches.

Think Iniesta was missing for Spain, but that doesn't diminish the quality of the win. Well done.
    +1 Congrats guys

Jets Insider VIP
    Congrats guys.

Spains first loss in something like 35 games

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Congrats guys.

Spains first loss in something like 35 games
    yup.

they were one win away from having the longest unbeaten streak EVER... and they lost it to the US.

lolz

Thanks...

I can't believe I've only gotten to watch a replay of the 1st half.

In that 1st half though(at least), Onyewu played his ass off and made some ridiculous clearances.

Can't wait to watch the 2nd half...eventually. Guess I'll eventually have to get tivo, dvr, or one of those things the youngsters are always goin' on about.

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Thanks...

I can't believe I've only gotten to watch a replay of the 1st half.

In that 1st half though(at least), Onyewu played his ass off and made some ridiculous clearances.

Can't wait to watch the 2nd half...eventually. Guess I'll eventually have to get tivo, dvr, or one of those things the youngsters are always goin' on about.

The beauty of torrents... I already got the game in HD.