Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Knicks acquire 29th overall pick from Lakers

  1. #1

    Knicks acquire 29th overall pick from Lakers

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285133

    The NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers have sold the No. 29 pick in the first round of the NBA draft to the New York Knicks for $3 million, multiple sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

  2. #2
    My guess is Walsh is going to use it in some kind of package with the #8 pick to trade up.

  3. #3
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,277
    maybe they really are going to try and get Curry...works for me

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    My guess is Walsh is going to use it in some kind of package with the #8 pick to trade up.
    all about 2010

    Certain teams, they may want to preserve cap space for the next year or two and they may need to add players," Kupchak said. "A good way to add talent at a fixed price is to have a lot of draft choices and then you can still maintain cap space a year from now."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    all about 2010

    Certain teams, they may want to preserve cap space for the next year or two and they may need to add players," Kupchak said. "A good way to add talent at a fixed price is to have a lot of draft choices and then you can still maintain cap space a year from now."
    Very true.

  6. #6
    Dream draft:

    -- trade David Lee to OKC, get Rubio
    -- draft Jordan Hill with 8
    -- draft Danny Green with the 29th

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    Dream draft:

    -- trade David Lee to OKC, get Rubio
    -- draft Jordan Hill with 8
    -- draft Danny Green with the 29th
    can't happen until after July 1.....

  8. #8
    if Hill isn't there at #8, take Taj Gibson at #29.


    same kind of player as Hill, just less upside.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    if Hill isn't there at #8, take Taj Gibson at #29.


    same kind of player as Hill, just less upside.
    It would be nice if the Knicks finally drafted someone who can play some D. That means no Hill or Rubio.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us