Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nets trade VC to Orlando

Nets trade VC to Orlando

VC/Ryan Andersen for Battie, Alston and Lee

VC and superman could be nasty....need to bring back the turk now.

Banned
    If the Magic resign Hedo which I think they will they could potentially have this starting lineup next season:

PG: Nelson
    SG: Vince Carter
    F: Turkoglu
    F: Lewis
    C: Howard

That's just nasty. Cavs are nowhere near that even after they trade for has-been Shaq and Celtics are getting old.

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    If the Magic resign Hedo which I think they will they could potentially have this starting lineup next season:

PG: Nelson
    SG: Vince Carter
    F: Turkoglu
    F: Lewis
    C: Howard

That's just nasty. Cavs are nowhere near that even after they trade for has-been Shaq and Celtics are getting old.

Congrats.
    thanks. i am really not sure what to think about this move...carter is older and i would hate to lose Turk...that being the said can we keep turk and still get enough touches around? Nelson...Lewis...Carter...Turk...and you still have to feed the beast down low...

I think Anderson was a nice pickup...reminds me of a younger Turk...

One thing is for sure...game 2 of the finals...Carter dunks that ****.

if i had to guess.... Orlando moves lewis to 3 and trades and does a sign and trade with turk for a PF.

I don't like it to be honest. Carter is just about toast and I liked Lee. Fearless shooter and good defender.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    I don't like it to be honest. Carter is just about toast and I liked Lee. Fearless shooter and good defender.
    what do u base the "toast" prediction on? he is 32 and his numbers still look good....just wondering.

the way i see it, he is as much a big shot maker as Turk is....and he can create his own shot better then Turk can...i mean i love Turk but is a move which could open up a sign and trade for a PF.

BTW one of the reasons why i like this move is this gives us our paul pierce/lebron james...a guy who can get to the basket at the end of the game and make free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    what do u base the "toast" prediction on? he is 32 and his numbers still look good....just wondering.

the way i see it, he is as much a big shot maker as Turk is....and he can create his own shot better then Turk can...i mean i love Turk but is a move which could open up a sign and trade for a PF.
    32 is almost old by nba standards. I am not a Net fan so I would be interested in their opinion of him. His #'s have started to decline thou. Hopefully it works out for you guys thou.

Did you like Lee? If they trade Turk for a PF I will like the move more.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    32 is almost old by nba standards. I am not a Net fan so I would be interested in their opinion of him. His #'s have started to decline thou. Hopefully it works out for you guys thou.

Did you like Lee? If they trade Turk for a PF I will like the move more.
    loved lee....his problem is that he is not "long" by nba standards and i am not sure he will ever be a star...i could def see him be an all star at some point in his career...i also love Turk...but this move just screams sign and trade....as much as i hate it. how do u start hedo...vince...lewis and nelson (nelson is not exactly a pass first guard)?

as far as vince...he is 32...and signed for 2 years after which point its 17m coming off our cap (which probably brings another big time player in a trade)...unless he is hurt i don't see a downside. Also with Dwight down the middle and lewis on the outside the lanes will be wideeeeee open for VC...should be fun.

Vince did suprisingly when alot of people counted him out, had one of his best years for New Jersey last year somewhere along the lines of 20/5/5?

IMO..great move for the magic and Hedo will be a sign and trade kind of situation.

Banned
    if i had to guess.... Orlando moves lewis to 3 and trades and does a sign and trade with turk for a PF.
    Lewis and Turk can play the 4. They're not prototypical PF's but they can handle it plus they're protected by Howard down low.

As a Net fan..VC had one of his best all around seasons last year...as he has gotten older he has become a better overall offensive player..distributing better...and really took the young guys under his wing...he has always been better when he was not asked to be the "man" and with howard their..DH is the franchise face...its a good move for orlando has they are making a push for the title...for the nets..its about cap room...lee could be a nice player maybe..but the nets need get this brooklyn move approved so someone like lebron, wade or bosh would even consider coming here..

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Lewis and Turk can play the 4. They're not prototypical PF's but they can handle it plus they're protected by Howard down low.
    Orlando's main reason for losing to the lakers is because when howard was rebounding the rest of the team was standing around (unlike the lakers who got rebound after rebound...player after player)...we need to add another rebounder hopefully a guy like Boozer...starting Turk, Lewis, and Carter basically makes us the same team we last year on the defensive end (maybe worse)

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    As a Net fan..VC had one of his best all around seasons last year...as he has gotten older he has become a better overall offensive player..distributing better...and really took the young guys under his wing...he has always been better when he was not asked to be the "man" and with howard their..DH is the franchise face...its a good move for orlando has they are making a push for the title...for the nets..its about cap room...lee could be a nice player maybe..but the nets need get this brooklyn move approved so someone like lebron, wade or bosh would even consider coming here..
    carter is a better shooter then people think...and probably a better passer...with that said if Turk is out and Carter is in...we are a different team...Turk used to run the O.

Banned
    Orlando's main reason for losing to the lakers is because when howard was rebounding the rest of the team was standing around (unlike the lakers who got rebound after rebound...player after player)...we need to add another rebounder hopefully a guy like Boozer...starting Turk, Lewis, and Carter basically makes us the same team we last year on the defensive end (maybe worse)
    Lakers won b/c they're a better team and Howard has no post moves. If you can get Boozer or someone like that in a sign and trade ok yeah that will work but the Magic are already upgraded on offense b/c Vince gives you 20 a nigh

I really, really wish Bruce Ratner would just sell this team already, this is getting ridiculous. He drove this trade, no other explanation. Saves the Nets about $40 Million. Courtney Lee is a nice player, but he isn't worth what we gave up IMO. I like Terrence Williams, so that helps. But this is just dumb.

Good luck to Vince Carter. I hope Orlando takes it all next season. VC deserves it. The Magic got themselves a monstrous force.

VC/Ryan Andersen for Battie, Alston and Lee

VC and superman could be nasty....need to bring back the turk now.
    Good trade getting VC, but I think they gave up way too much for him. The Magic need Alston and Lee to be successful in my opinion. As much as people will fight this, Superman can't do it all by himself...

Just saw on ESPN.com Hedo is opting out. Horrible trade for the Magic...

Quote Originally Posted by Frigo View Post
    Good trade getting VC, but I think they gave up way too much for him. The Magic need Alston and Lee to be successful in my opinion. As much as people will fight this, Superman can't do it all by himself...
    ..I don't get it, Nelson>Alston. and while Lee was a great contributor..right now without a doubt VC> Lee. And Ryan Anderson will be a solid bench performer. If anything they got him more help. A Healthy Nelson will go a long way

Quote Originally Posted by Frigo View Post
    Just saw on ESPN.com Hedo is opting out. Horrible trade for the Magic...
    They knew that from the beginning, what does him opting out have to do with the trade? They offered him a contract before he opted out but he rejected it anyway.